Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 01:26 PM   #1
Tay N Evie's Mom
Twin Mommy and Disney crazy!

Problem Booking Cabana

I'm now platinum status and went online right at 120 days to book a cabana. We have 3 cabins-2 platinum and 1 gold (3 people each cabin). The gold cabin was greyed out, so I couldn't add them to the reservation, but could add the guests from the other 2 cabins on the reservation. Even though there were 5-6 available, every time I tried to book 1 of the cabanas it would say that someone else booked it in the time it took me to click on the boxes and save the reservation. I finally gave up and went and booked our Palos ressies. I went back 15 minutes later and there were 2 cabanas left. Again tried to book either cabana by clicking on the 6 people in the 2 platinum cabins, but again said that I couldn't book them. Then, I only clicked on 3 people in 1 cabin, and lo and behold, I could book the cabana. I then went and clicked on modify and tried to add the other platinum cabin, but the screen just sat there. The next morning I called, DCL. They said to just go to the excursion desk when we board and add all the other people to the ressie. I'm concerned that it won't let me add them online. Is there some type of restriction about how many people can be in the cabana section. I know the family cabanas can hold up to 10 and we'll have only 9. I don't want to wait to get on board only to find out we can't keep the cabana due to some rule I don't know about. Any suggestions?
Old 03-04-2013, 01:52 PM   #2
all5ofus
DIS Veteran

Once you have it booked it is yours. They will automatically give you the 6 wristbands regardless of how many people you book. Once you are onboard you can make arrangements for the additional 3 wristbands.

You will have no problem.
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2013, 02:20 PM   #3
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

I had the same issue with our party of 9. I booked for 3 and then added the other 6 once on board.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:24 PM   #4
FJS961
DIS Veteran

First of all, it's good that you were able to get a cabana

it's no problem adding up to 10 total guests once onboard. The last time I booked one for a cruise last summer, it only had my name listed and I was trying to get all 5 of us plus my folks (who's res was linked with ours) and I couldn't do it online - it didn't matter
FJS961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:02 PM   #5
shburks
DIS Veteran

Totally agree. Snagged one three days before our last cruise. Four cabins total with a party of 10 and had to book the cabana under one cabin only. Got wristbands for six and paid for other four for a total of 10

DCL: Wonder: October 2015 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW: Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
shburks is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: