Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 08:48 PM   #16
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickAndAnt View Post
I've read in many forum posts that they have a "dress up night" and that while not required and some dress waaaaaay down, many wear tuxes and gowns. We rented tuxes to be part of the fun for our May 19 Dream cruise. Can anybody clarify what they've seen in the past?
There is an optional dress up night and while this will be my first 3 night cruise on the Dream, on my 5 night I don't remember if I saw a tux or not but I do remember several suits and really fancy gowns. I intend to dress just as nice for my 3 night as I did on my 5 night. While DCL may not turn you away for wearing shorts in the dining room, I will not be wearing them.

Dress as nice as you want!

3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators Link is broken so "google" "Our dreamy anniversary cruise"

5 Night Disney Dream Double Dip June 2012
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:52 PM   #17
flyersfan1129
Mouseketeer

Every packing list I saw said to bring bigger mugs for the drink stations, but the only one who used these was our DS, because he made ice cream floats. They were wasted space for me and the DH. The only time we used the beach towels we brought was at Castaway Cay, and that was just so that we could find our chairs easier. I agree with leaving the hair products at home, as well. Even for formal night, I just pinned my hair up.
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2013, 08:57 PM   #18
noahdove
DIS Veteran

2 years ago, we were on the 3 night cruise and I saw no one dressed up..maybe a couple of ladies in skirts, but, not in our dining room....I think if you have Palo or Remy, you need to dress up...
Old 03-04-2013, 09:43 PM   #19
elaine amj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzkds
I took a refillable water bottle for each of us and we didn't use any of them at all.

Everyone says to pack less clothing.. I took a shorts/top outfit and a sundress (for dinner) for each day plus capris for traveling on the plane. It was not nearly enough. I got so sweaty during the afternoon and did not want to wear a dress all evening after dinner, but my earlier clothes were gross from being sweaty. This time, I'll take a few more shirts or else plan on doing laundry! And maybe fewer dresses, and just wear capris to dinner most nights.
ThT was me on our last cruise. After all the overpacking threads, I was determined not to do the same. I ended up having to hand wash several tops for us as we ran out of clean clothes because it was hot during the days. We did end up with lots of evening wear as I packed a separate outfit for each of our 5 nights. This trip, I packed two sets for each day (day and night clothes). Because its the Dream and our evening clothes are dressy tops and polos, we can easily wear our evening tops again - so that will do as spares. We should have plenty of clothes this time around.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:57 PM   #20
oliverdj
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine amj

ThT was me on our last cruise. After all the overpacking threads, I was determined not to do the same. I ended up having to hand wash several tops for us as we ran out of clean clothes because it was hot during the days. We did end up with lots of evening wear as I packed a separate outfit for each of our 5 nights. This trip, I packed two sets for each day (day and night clothes). Because its the Dream and our evening clothes are dressy tops and polos, we can easily wear our evening tops again - so that will do as spares. We should have plenty of clothes this time around.

That's similar to how I pack for my family. A day & night outfit. 2 bathing suits, flip flops, nice shoes for palo & sneakers for our excursion. & cover ups like sundress for our in between time.

---------------------------------------------
First Disney Cruise: 2012 Disney Dream
oliverdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:16 PM   #21
emma'smom
P.S. Who would serve turnips at a wedding?

I ALWAYS end up overpacking. Shoes...I always take to many pairs of shoes. I really should limit it to flip flops, dressing sandals, and a walking shoe.

Dressy clothing-- I always picture myself dressing up much more for dinners than I actually do. I took dressier pants and tops---but found that when dinner time was approaching, I just didn't have the interest in getting too fancied up and most folks just wore capris/tops anyway. We do take dressier clothing for formal night---but I have a standard black skirt/fancy blouse combo that is my go-to cruise formal cruise outfit and doesn't take much room.
emma'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:21 PM   #22
ultimate_ed
Mouseketeer

Definitely good suggestions on the clothes. I especially like the ones suggesting to change into fresh clothes for the evening and use them for daytime activities for the following day.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: