Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 11:46 AM   #1
disneysunshine85
Mouseketeer

Adr before the park opens

I have ressies at cinderellas royal table for 8:10 am and the park opens at 9. Is the park significantly dead? I have serious dreams of snapping pics while there aren't many people around!
disneysunshine85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:48 AM   #2
ghtx
DIS Veteran

Yes, it will be dead (assuming it's not an AM EMH day). The only other people there should be CMs and other families with early ADRs. It is a good time to get picks with few people in the background (though there will most likely be a few other people in the background - it won't be totally deserted - depending on where you are).
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 12:33 PM   #3
starsweeper
DIS Veteran

Yes, it's a great time to take pics assuming it's not an AM EMH day. We were let it for an 8:20 CP ressie at 7:45, so plenty of time to explore main street and snap a few pics before heading to the restaurant. We start every trip this way--so magical!

Disney Vacations:
Aug79 - PR, Apr85 - Golf Resort, Apr88/Apr91 - Offsite, Jun97 - Offsite (Mom & me), Nov06 - CBR (DH & me - F&W), Feb09 - PCR (1st w/kids), May10 - Mariott OWC (Mom & Kids - F&GF), Oct13 - PR (1st w/4 kids - MNSSHP), Oct14 - GF (MNSSHP)
The Dream Trip in Memory of Mom ~ Summer 2015 ~ 20+ family members gathering in joy and remembrance

Other Family Vacations:
Jun13 - Outer Banks NC, Jun14 - ???
starsweeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:04 PM   #4
disneysunshine85
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsweeper
Yes, it's a great time to take pics assuming it's not an AM EMH day. We were let it for an 8:20 CP ressie at 7:45, so plenty of time to explore main street and snap a few pics before heading to the restaurant. We start every trip this way--so magical!
Perfect!' the reservation is for our first full day at Disney. I think it will be perfect because I am taking a friend of mine who has never been to the world. I think it is going to be magical for her to see MK for the first time when it's not jam packed and to be able to see the castle and then eat inside it!!! I think it's a perfect way to celebrate turning 30!
disneysunshine85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:40 PM   #5
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Definitely! The pics we did last week before park opening had NO ONE in the background!

aaarcher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:58 PM   #6
letsgoreds
DIS Veteran

We were there early in Jan for our YES class, and it was very cool to have the park to ourselves (+ ADR folks). There was at least one Photopass person in front of the castle...I asked out teacher if we could stop and take a group picture. Very cool!
letsgoreds is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: