Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 12:07 PM   #1
cameyer85
Mouseketeer

Need to cancel

I need to cancel my upcoming cruise in July so far we only left a deposit so what I am wondering if the deposit can just be left with the TA and the same cruise can just be booked for 2014 instead?? Seven night eastern on the Fantasy....is it possible to just shift the exact cruise already booked for 2013 to 2014 or am I better off getting refund of the deposit and booking later in the year? Thanks for advice! So sad that we have to cancel for this year but it happens.
cameyer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:10 PM   #2
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Don't cancel - just move the dates... This is done all the time, and crucial if you had booked this onboard.

If the rates are higher, you will need to pay the difference in the deposit. BTW, the TA doesn't keep a deposit - you pay it to DCL thru the TA. Opening day rates are the cheapest. The more closer to the date you travel, the rates will go up.
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2013, 12:11 PM   #3
Jestocost
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameyer85 View Post
I need to cancel my upcoming cruise in July so far we only left a deposit so what I am wondering if the deposit can just be left with the TA and the same cruise can just be booked for 2014 instead?? Seven night eastern on the Fantasy....is it possible to just shift the exact cruise already booked for 2013 to 2014 or am I better off getting refund of the deposit and booking later in the year? Thanks for advice! So sad that we have to cancel for this year but it happens.
You should just be able to transfer your deposit to a new date. In fact, if you received an on-board booking discount, any OBC or a reduced deposit promotion and want to keep those benefits you probably have to transfer the reservation. If you cancel and rebook you will lose any of those.

The only benefit to canceling and rebooking is that you will get your deposit back as long as you cancel within the no-penatly period.
Spring 1976, WDW/Golf Resort; Spring 2000, WDW/CBR; Summer 2002, WDW/CBR; Thanksgiving 2003, Disney Wonder & WDW/CBR; Fall 2004, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2005, Disney Magic W. Caribbean; Fall 2005, WDW/BC; Summer 2006, Disney Magic E. Caribbean & WDW/POFQ; Christmas 2006, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2007, DLR/Disneyland Hotel; Fall 2007, WDW/Poly; Summer 2008, WDW/POFQ & Disney Wonder B2B; Thanksgiving 2008, WDW/Poly; Summer 2009, WDW/AKL; Christmas/New Year 2009-2010, WDW/Poly and Disney Magic W. Caribbean; Spring Break 2010, WDW/BC; Summer 2010, WDW/GF; Thanksgiving 2010, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2011, WDW/BC; Summer 2011, WDW/BWI; Thanksgiving 2011, Disney Dream; Summer 2012, WDW/AKL;F&WF 2012, WDW/BWI; Spring Break 2013, WDW/BC; Summer 2013, Disney Wonder Alaska; F&WF 2013, WDW/YC; Spring Break 2014, WDW/AKL and Disney Fantasy W. Caribbean; Summer 2014, WDW/WL; October 2014, Disney Magic S. Caribbean and Repo B2B

Jestocost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #4
cameyer85
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestocost View Post
You should just be able to transfer your deposit to a new date. In fact, if you received an on-board booking discount, any OBC or a reduced deposit promotion and want to keep those benefits you probably have to transfer the reservation. If you cancel and rebook you will lose any of those.

The only benefit to canceling and rebooking is that you will get your deposit back as long as you cancel within the no-penatly period.
We booked the cruise for this coming July while on The Dream last year....our cruise on the dream was orig. booked thru a TA and when we booked while onboard the dream for The Fantasy they then gave the info to my TA so I guess I will contact my TA to move the reservation foward to 2014.. Thanks for the info...now we just need to let my ten yr. old son down gently but we can always keep counting to the cruise next yr. instead.
cameyer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:20 PM   #5
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Yes, if you booked through a travel agent , the travel agent must move the cruise for you.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #6
ajjcarlin
Earning My Ears

We had to move our upcoming cruise twice, once due to husbands new job and the second time due to our arrival of our baby girl. Our boys were 7 and 11 and they took it okay, disappointed but were fine once we told them we just moved it and didn't cancel completely. Good luck!
ajjcarlin is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: