DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 09:16 AM   #1
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

BWV Dedicated Studio?

Am I correct thinking BWV's have dedicated studios in the boardwalk view category? I'm wondering if it's worth requesting one of these rooms. Or just going with the standard I have used in the past "High Floor/Far form Elevator"
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration & perhaps some 33 lovin' /15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean & BLT/GFV

TagsMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:52 AM   #2
drusba

DIS Veteran

See http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/50...rdwalkView.jpg There are eight dedicated studios with boardwalk view. Personal belief is that BWV boardwalk view is THE best view on site (and I have had BLT theme park view which I consider quite inferior to boardwalk view). Nevertheless there is nothing wrong with standard view if you want to save the points.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2013, 10:12 AM   #3
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by TagsMissy View Post
Am I correct thinking BWV's have dedicated studios in the boardwalk view category? I'm wondering if it's worth requesting one of these rooms. Or just going with the standard I have used in the past "High Floor/Far form Elevator"
Since they no longer have the Studio Plus connotation, I don't think you can even request a dedicated studio at BWV.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:57 PM   #4
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Unless there's a particular reason you want to have a dedicated studio I'd stick with your "usual" to provide the most flexibility. The dedicates all seem to be right over each other so you could end up on the 2nd-5th floor otherwise.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:25 AM   #5
TagsMissy

Quote:
Originally Posted by drusba View Post
See http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/50...rdwalkView.jpg There are eight dedicated studios with boardwalk view. Personal belief is that BWV boardwalk view is THE best view on site (and I have had BLT theme park view which I consider quite inferior to boardwalk view). Nevertheless there is nothing wrong with standard view if you want to save the points.
We already have a BWV-boardwalk view studio booked. I was simply asking if there was any benefit of requesting one of the dedicated rooms; not a debate on what resort has the best view.
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration & perhaps some 33 lovin' /15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean & BLT/GFV

Old 03-05-2013, 04:36 PM   #6
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
We already have a BWV-boardwalk view studio booked. I was simply asking if there was any benefit of requesting one of the dedicated rooms; not a debate on what resort has the best view.
One time I asked to request a dedicated 1 bedroom and was told my reservation already showed it. They actually do book dedicated or lockoff behind the scenes because they have to keep count of the lockoffs that can be split. They told me they book dedicated first, my reservation was at 11 months. The fact that they don't actually show it on the reservation leaves it open to change if they need to.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:53 AM   #7
TagsMissy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
One time I asked to request a dedicated 1 bedroom and was told my reservation already showed it. They actually do book dedicated or lockoff behind the scenes because they have to keep count of the lockoffs that can be split. They told me they book dedicated first, my reservation was at 11 months. The fact that they don't actually show it on the reservation leaves it open to change if they need to.
That makes sense actually I hadn't thought of that before. I just entered my standard high floor/far from elevator and wish for the best! There's nothing like an early morning coffee on the veranda as you look over the lake and boardwalk. We had intended on trying a new DVC resort this trip but BWV kept on calling us

Old 03-09-2013, 08:28 AM   #8
bbluvsdis
luv all things Disney!!

I am very excited about our first stay in a Boardwalk view studio next month. I have already done online checkin and the choices didn't include upper floor. I chose close to lobby as the hallways look very long. I'm not sure if this is a good choice or not. Any thoughts?

2012 BCV & BLT/2011 OKW & BLT/2010 BCV/2009 BWV/2008 BCV/2007 SSR/2006 CBR pre DVC
First visit 1972 and many others in between
bbluvsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:49 PM   #9
rlduvall
I just sit there and think "Oh, pretty colors."
Now maybe some-one will pick me first for dodgeball

Quote:
The funny thing is that I read your post to ask if you should stick with "going with the standard" view studio or have a boardwalk view. Now I read it the way you meant it. So I think drusba was just trying to be helpful in that regard, not trying to debate best views.

rlduvall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:30 AM   #10
LSchrow
We're eating brussel sprouts & asparagus on the budget board
(pulling up a chair) I like drunk & happy better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbluvsdis View Post
I am very excited about our first stay in a Boardwalk view studio next month. I have already done online checkin and the choices didn't include upper floor. I chose close to lobby as the hallways look very long. I'm not sure if this is a good choice or not. Any thoughts?
you might want to ammend that to "close to elevators". close to lobby is more likely to land you on the lobby level (2nd floor).
you can call MS and add upper floor for a better view.

the views are fantastic from the 4th and 5th floors (and definately something i would recommend at least for the first time), but you are more depensdent on the single elevator bank. after many, many BWV studio (and a few 1bdrm) stays however, we actually prefer the lower floors, using the multiple stairwells throughout the resort (also love, LOVE the huuuuuuuge balcony on the 2nd floor).
Old 03-11-2013, 12:08 PM   #11
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Personal belief is that BWV boardwalk view is THE best view on site (and I have had BLT theme park view which I consider quite inferior to boardwalk view).
This is a formal request that you stop advertising this information. Sometimes the best kept secret is best kept secret!

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:13 PM   #12
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
This is a formal request that you stop advertising this information. Sometimes the best kept secret is best kept secret!

Bill
Never fear, Bill. I have no desire for the BW view. I prefer the OKW golfcourse or Trumbo Canal view over the BW view any day.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:49 PM   #13
LSchrow
We're eating brussel sprouts & asparagus on the budget board
(pulling up a chair) I like drunk & happy better...

Quote:
... Personal belief is that BWV boardwalk view is THE best view on site (and I have had BLT theme park view which I consider quite inferior to boardwalk view). ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post

Bill
remember when BW view was "just a request", and the thrill of the first time? ....walking thru the room, opening the drapes, and walking out on the balcony - total, jaw-dropping awe
once it became a booking category, it was still pretty easy to book....but as people stayed there, it has become difficult to get, sometimes even at 11 months....we're still waitlisted (since 10 1/2 months) for 2 nights in oct

kinda wish the secret hadn't gotten out
Old 03-12-2013, 10:46 AM   #14
TagsMissy

BWV has become our second favourite resort after our home at BLT.... we had a master plan to try all the resorts before returning to a place we'd been at before ((other than BLT which we always make a stop at)) but we broke that plan and booked BWV again this trip as our non- BLT portion of vacation.

We still need to try VWL, BCV and OKW.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: