Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2013, 09:48 AM   #1
WDW_Diane
Mouseketeer

Kitchen supplies in Standard Studio at Jambo?

It is our first ever stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge, after many at other resorts, primarily Port Orleans. It is also our first rental with David's to use a DVC resort.

What kitchen supplies are in the standard studio kitchen of a Jambo House villa? Bowls, spoons, plates, etc?
Coffee packets? Wish they had a Kurig.

What room requests should I make to have the best hopes of a savannah or partial savannah view?

Thanks!!
WDW_Diane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:57 AM   #2
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW_Diane View Post
It is our first ever stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge, after many at other resorts, primarily Port Orleans. It is also our first rental with David's to use a DVC resort.

What kitchen supplies are in the standard studio kitchen of a Jambo House villa? Bowls, spoons, plates, etc?

What room requests should I make to have the best hopes of a savannah or partial savannah view?

Thanks!!
You will get a few paper plates and bowls, plus plastic forks, knives and spoons. If you need more, just ask Housekeeping. You will have a few real glasses and a couple of ceramic coffee mugs. You'll get one prefilled coffee pouch on each service day. The coffee pot is a Mr Coffee type. If you want more, you'll need to bring your own coffee and filters.

They don't provide salt, pepper, sugar, except for a small supply of creamer and sugar for the single coffee pouch. (Like a big teabag with ground coffee in it for about four to six cups).

You'll have a microwave oven, toaster and undercounter refrigerator with a very small freezer section.

For savanna view, you need to book savanna view studio. But you might get a partially blocked savanna view, like of the people pens. More than likely you will get the pool view at Jambo House.

As for service, you'll get service every four days. If you stay at least seven nights, on day four (day one is check in) you'll get your trash removed and towels replaced, plus the incidentals replaced. If you stay at least eight nights or more, you'll get a full cleaning on day four and trash and towel service on day eight. If you need additional towels or incidentals (other than toilet paper and paper towels), you'll pay for those.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2013, 05:19 PM   #3
magrudersmakes3
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks!!
You can rent a Keurig from Kelly's PDS. I have rented one for our June visit.

1998 First trip offsite, 2003 CBR, 2004 Sea World, 2005 POR, 2007 POR, 2008 BW, 2010 CCL, 2010 HRH Universal, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Dream, 2013 POP/POR (Princess 1/2 Marathon), 2013 BLT
magrudersmakes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:01 AM   #4
sweetcreams
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thanks!!
I've heard David's is great! I would love to give them a try sometime. Please let us know how it goes when you get back.
Dreams Come True Personal Concierge rents Keurig machines for a reasonable price. I found him on Facebook, and a friend of mine used him for a cake and gift bag delivery.
sweetcreams is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: