Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 07:31 PM   #1
3princes+1princess
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 171

Dreaming of free dining math question

So....we have a family of 6. If we go during free dining, Would it be better to

1) stay at a value resort in the family suite (animation) and get quick service fd then upgrade.....

Or

2)get two rooms at a moderate (port Orleans most likely) with free dining (the one win one qs and one sit down).

We stayed at POFQ last time with free dining and loved how small the resort was. Not sure i could handle how big the value resorts are. And we would want regular free dining in Order to see all the characters during meals. But now we cannot just stay in one room there.

Thanks....
3princes+1princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:34 PM   #2
pickles
Just call me Capt. Barbossa-someone has to play the part of the bad pirate
Most Observant DISer Award
 
pickles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: The Moonlight Shows Us for What We Really Are....
Posts: 2,991

be sure to also check pricing on a villa..sometimes with a family esp a family of 5+ a villa can be a good deal
pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-03-2013, 07:41 PM   #3
Three cats
DIS Veteran
 
Three cats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 930

Rumor has it that only QS dining will be offered to moderate and deluxe reservations with nothing for values. Hoing this is not true but we will have to wait and see.
__________________
12/12 Saratoga Springs
11/13 Port Orleans Riverside
11/14 Yacht Club
Three cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:43 AM   #4
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.
 
lmhall2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Space town, AL
Posts: 5,476

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three cats View Post
Rumor has it that only QS dining will be offered to moderate and deluxe reservations with nothing for values. Hoing this is not true but we will have to wait and see.
I heard something different yesterday, just that Deluxe would definitely have Plus dining free and value would have only counter service free....not sure where moderates fall in there...
__________________

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:17 AM   #5
HHMcG
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: NJ
Posts: 319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three cats View Post
Rumor has it that only QS dining will be offered to moderate and deluxe reservations with nothing for values. Hoing this is not true but we will have to wait and see.
I beleive this rumor. So I ran the numbers as follows...


I've run the numbers for my family of 5 (though my youngest is < 3 so too young for the dining plan, so really family of 4).
I compared a family suite at AoA and paying out of pocket for QS dining - v - 2 rooms at a moderate with free QS dinning. It wasn't even close AoA was much cheaper.


I think you just have to run it both ways for your family and their ages. I'd guess it may work out as a wash. So you could pick which ever you prefer.


Also, double check the historical black out dates for free dining. I was afraid of booking hte mod at the hopes of getting free dining only to be blacked out.
__________________
DH Me DD(8) DS(6) DS(3)
HHMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:21 AM   #6
Diegosmom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,169

I think the last offer (not the free dining but discount on room and tickets) didnt include AOA suites so they might not offer free dining there. (and actually lasts year free dining I dont think included the AOA suites either, someone correct me if I am wrong).
Diegosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:29 PM   #7
vacation_junkie
Have Suitcase...will Travel :)
 
vacation_junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fonthill - Ontario - Canada
Posts: 1,236

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
I heard something different yesterday, just that Deluxe would definitely have Plus dining free and value would have only counter service free....not sure where moderates fall in there...
No Free dining for Values - Room discount only
QS dining for Mod's
Regular Dining for Deluxe
__________________
The Vacation Junkies
Family Adventures - 11 Disney Land Based Vacations ~ 5 Cruise lines ~154 Days Sailed ~ 22 Ports ...Most Recent Sailed Disney Magic !!


vacation_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:10 PM   #8
Ivonne
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacation_junkie

No Free dining for Values - Room discount only
QS dining for Mod's
Regular Dining for Deluxe
What if we staying at moderate and want dining?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Ivonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:47 PM   #9
Ivonne
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 123

Would we pay full price???

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Ivonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:54 PM   #10
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples
 
DebbieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: PA
Posts: 46,950

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivonne View Post
Would we pay full price???

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
If they offer free quick service and you want the regular dining plan, in the past they have allowed you to pay the difference between the 2.
__________________
DebbieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:06 PM   #11
Ivonne
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB

If they offer free quick service and you want the regular dining plan, in the past they have allowed you to pay the difference between the 2.
How would I figure that out??? Any idea???

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Ivonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:21 PM   #12
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran
 
MamaJessie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,854

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princes+1princess View Post
So....we have a family of 6. If we go during free dining, Would it be better to

1) stay at a value resort in the family suite (animation) and get quick service fd then upgrade.....

Or

2)get two rooms at a moderate (port Orleans most likely) with free dining (the one win one qs and one sit down).
Or there are the cabins at Ft.W.
__________________
Me&DH DD-15 DS -12 DD -7 DD - 5
MamaJessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:26 PM   #13
267
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 32

i just booked a week stay at the contemporay in August, i paid for the meal plan but I'm wondering how do I get a free meal plan.

Last edited by 267; 03-04-2013 at 09:31 PM.
267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:36 PM   #14
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples
 
DebbieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: PA
Posts: 46,950

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivonne View Post
How would I figure that out??? Any idea???

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
See this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2958846

Quick Service is $37.58 for adults, $14.32 for children
Regular Plan is $55.59 or $56.94 for adults (depending on the date), $17.16 or $18.16 for children.

Subtract the difference. Around $18-$20 for adults (per day).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 267 View Post
i just booked a week stay at the contemporay in August, i paid for the meal plan but I'm wondering how do I get a free meal plan.
If the free dining promotion is announced, you can call and see if it's available for your resort & dates.
__________________
DebbieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:47 PM   #15
Ivonne
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB

See this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2958846

Quick Service is $37.58 for adults, $14.32 for children
Regular Plan is $55.59 or $56.94 for adults (depending on the date), $17.16 or $18.16 for children.

Subtract the difference. Around $18-$20 for adults (per day).

If the free dining promotion is announced, you can call and see if it's available for your resort & dates.
Thank you!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Ivonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.