Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 06:39 PM   #1
oklamomof4boys
DIS Veteran

Formal night

The only other 7 night cruise we have taken was NYE so there were a lot of people veryndressed up for formal night. Typically, how dressed up are people? Would my guys look out of place in tuxes? What about Remy? Would they loom out of place in a tux at Remy?

Nathan's magical wish trip- Pre trip report [/U]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1866940

4 night Wonder Cruise- July '07
Nathan's MAW trip to WDW- Nov '08
7 night NYE Magic Cruise- Dec '09
4night/5night back to back Dream Cruise followed by 6days at WDW-June '11
Disneyland- over 12 times and counting
oklamomof4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:54 PM   #2
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oklamomof4boys View Post
The only other 7 night cruise we have taken was NYE so there were a lot of people veryndressed up for formal night. Typically, how dressed up are people? Would my guys look out of place in tuxes? What about Remy? Would they loom out of place in a tux at Remy?
I am always in full-length gown and DH rents a tux regardless of everyone else. If it says Formal Night in the Navigator, we couldn't care less what others are wearing--we are going to dress up.

Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2013, 07:03 PM   #3
reevesinga
Mouseketeer

I wear an evening gown and hubby wears a tux!
reevesinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:14 PM   #4
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Some adult "princesses" even wear their best tiaras. Others prefer to relax and just wear a cocktail dress or nice slacks with a dressy top. Overall, Disney cruises tend to be more casual than other cruiselines.

The exception is Palo and Remy, where they enforce the dressy dress-up code. Tuxes are appropriate, especially in Remy (tho a suit is fine.)
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:33 PM   #5
Cackyschmackers
Cruise dreamin'

We like to all dress up, especially because the photographers are taking formal portraits you can purchase. We have some very nice family portraits. Our first 7-night cruise my husband brought two suits w/ three ties (one for Paolo). He was glad he didn't bring the tux (we like to pack light). We only saw one or two men w/tuxes. Our last 8-night cruise, we saw no tuxes (but we were Main seating, perhaps there were some at second seating). But like the other poster said, we like to dress up and don't care what others are doing. And as a side, we loooove to be at Lumiere's (or Triton's) on formal night!
Old 03-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #6
sagezeus
Earning My Ears

I always dress up for the formal nights! I sometimes wear a full length gown to a nice cocktail dress. My boyfriend will wear dress pants with a nice button down shirt with a tie
sagezeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:51 PM   #7
tessa67
Mouseketeer

I wouldn't say they would look out of place but they will definately be in the minority.

Saw no tuxes and only one formal gown on my last cruise, but this was early seating.
tessa67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:01 PM   #8
DisneyOrBustColorado
Mouseketeer

Below are some pictures of what we wore on formal night. After spending 7 nights in WDW & then a 7 night Fantasy cruise, there was no way we had room for large clothing. We had to pack 2 different Halloween costumes for 2 Halloween parties and all the pirate costumes for pirate night. Along with enough clothing & shoes for WDW & the cruise. Lets not forget the fish extender exchange gifts. We had NO extra room. We did not feel under dressed, but I don't think you would feel overdressed if you wanted to really dress up. Everyone should do whatever makes their vacation magical & memorable.

Old 03-03-2013, 08:12 PM   #9
Disneyholic
Official Disneyholic! CM Wannabe! I'll Never Grow Up!

This is DH & My formal picture. DH is in a Tux with a cumberbund made out of the same material as my gown.

Dress up if that is what you like to do. Don't worry about anyone else. Have fun.
97HINB&RIUS99CSR00WL01HRPDTD02HINB&WL30AnV&A03DTDTD04BWDTD&AKLSunsetSafari05DTDTD&POR06DTDTD07ASMFS08Wonder&BC09November28Magic&DTDTD10BW11May29Dream1/12DTDTD&WL8/12Fantasy40An.Remy&DTDTDJoinedDVC4/13AKVCL,DCLDream,BLT11/13Fantasy Thanksgiving/AKLVKidani

Disneyholic is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: