Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-09-2013, 01:06 PM   #31
Otimon
DIS Veteran
 
Otimon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Mickey's backyard
Posts: 2,543

Congratulations on your decision to book for 10/27.

When you book and get a summary of your cruise ,you will see on the website the date you can begin to book excursions providing your cruise is paid in full. It will give you the exact date. For Gold, 105 days is correct and just around the corner now.

It is highly likely you won't be able to book a Cabana on Castaway as the they will most likely be sold out to Platinum and Concierge guests who can book at 120 days out which has already passed. Call and put your name on a wait list as folks can, and do, cancel. Good luck.
Otimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:16 AM   #32
seirra79
Earning My Ears
 
seirra79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Shenzhen, China
Posts: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otimon View Post
Congratulations on your decision to book for 10/27.

When you book and get a summary of your cruise ,you will see on the website the date you can begin to book excursions providing your cruise is paid in full. It will give you the exact date. For Gold, 105 days is correct and just around the corner now.

It is highly likely you won't be able to book a Cabana on Castaway as the they will most likely be sold out to Platinum and Concierge guests who can book at 120 days out which has already passed. Call and put your name on a wait list as folks can, and do, cancel. Good luck.
Yes thank you...I was hoping someone could quote me the exact date for gold members....that will determine when we book! I'm crossing fingers for a cabana...as last year around this time they were still available at the 105 cut off!
__________________
Sarah
seirra79 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-10-2013, 09:45 PM   #33
KerriM
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Iowa
Posts: 50

We are first timers, and I hope someone will correct me if I am wrong.

I know our 75 day window opens on August 13. It tells me that date when I log into the Disney Cruise Line website with our booking info. I bet if you do that, it will tell you what day you can start booking gold.

We are planning to be online at 11 PM Central time on August 12th to get as early port arrival time as possible. It's my understanding the window opens at Midnight Eastern time.

Kerri in Iowa
KerriM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:36 PM   #34
seirra79
Earning My Ears
 
seirra79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Shenzhen, China
Posts: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerriM View Post
We are first timers, and I hope someone will correct me if I am wrong.

I know our 75 day window opens on August 13. It tells me that date when I log into the Disney Cruise Line website with our booking info. I bet if you do that, it will tell you what day you can start booking gold.

We are planning to be online at 11 PM Central time on August 12th to get as early port arrival time as possible. It's my understanding the window opens at Midnight Eastern time.

Kerri in Iowa
The thing is I haven't booked the cruise yet...was wanting to wait o book as close as possible to the gold member booking day....I ended up calling reservations and they said July 14 is the day. We are booking today!!!
__________________
Sarah
seirra79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:55 PM   #35
Otimon
DIS Veteran
 
Otimon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Mickey's backyard
Posts: 2,543

x
Otimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:06 PM   #36
4HOLIDAYS
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Coconut Creek, FL
Posts: 1,153

2 princess 3 princes- I just sent my FE info to you so if you don't see it for any reason please let me know.

Last time we sailed we had about 25 rooms for the FE. It took a separate BIG suitcase for the gifts we brought, my DH wants my to pick a different item this time!

Can't wait for the 100 day count down to start!
4HOLIDAYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 03:34 PM   #37
2 princess 3 princes
mom of twin princess and triplet princes
 
2 princess 3 princes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 237

FE Update



thechiefswife
sierra79
4HOLIDAYS

Have added you to the FE list.
Sierra79, let me know if you need to add more!

Jodi
__________________
2 princess 3 princes me dh dd13 dd13 ds19 ds19 ds19 ddog
1992 WDW Honeymoon Offsite 1994, 1998, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 Offsite2010 OKW
& AKVK, 2011 BC DCL w/DDs , 2012 BC DL/CA Paradise Pier Pre Cruise Oct./12 Wonder California Cruise October/12 Dream 3 night Bahamas Valentines Day/13 POR Pre Cruise Dream 4 Night Halloween on the High Seas Oct/13 Dream 4 night Feb/14

2 princess 3 princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:01 PM   #38
4HOLIDAYS
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Coconut Creek, FL
Posts: 1,153

Does anyone know the specifics of itinerary C? I asked on the main thread and on the meet thread but so far only been told that pirate night is the 3rd night. Anyone know about the other nights for which shows and dress up?
4HOLIDAYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:54 AM   #39
seirra79
Earning My Ears
 
seirra79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Shenzhen, China
Posts: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4HOLIDAYS View Post
Does anyone know the specifics of itinerary C? I asked on the main thread and on the meet thread but so far only been told that pirate night is the 3rd night. Anyone know about the other nights for which shows and dress up?
I saw this on my reservation page on the Disney site....is this itinerary C???? And does that mean the fireworks AND pirate night will be on night 3/Nassau night? Where did you hear the fireworks would be night 3 instead of the last night as usual???

Day Port Ashore Onboard
1 Port Canaveral, Florida  3:45 p.m.
2 At Sea  
3 Nassau 9:30 a.m. 5:45 p.m.
4 Castaway Cay 8:30 a.m. 4:30 p.m.
5 Port Canaveral, Florida 7:30 a.m. 
__________________
Sarah
seirra79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:00 AM   #40
seirra79
Earning My Ears
 
seirra79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Shenzhen, China
Posts: 54

I'm sooo mad right now....my husband booked our cruise thru united to earn some miles....thus I had to call disney to get my cataway membership added to our reservation...called...added it....no problem!

then I signed into Disney site tonight at 11:45pm in order to sign up for excursions right at midnight...and saw that some how my castaway number was taken off my reservations thus not allowing me to book excursions at the 105 day marker!!!!!

and what's worse customer service doesn't open til 8:00am!!!!!!!!!

If I miss booking a cabana because of this error on Disney's part....I'm gonna be soooo mad!!!!!!!
__________________
Sarah
seirra79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:03 AM   #41
seirra79
Earning My Ears
 
seirra79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Shenzhen, China
Posts: 54

And my fears were true...by the time I got to talk to disney today and get my castaway number added to our reservation all the cabanas were booked!!!!!

I'm sooo devastated right now...my husband and I are taking both our parents on this cruise with us...they are both celebrating their 40th wedding anniversaries...and we really wanted to spoil them with a cabana...plus they could use the respite from the sun!

Please someone make me feel better and tell me that they were already all booked by the time gold members could book? Lol...maybe that will make me feel better....otherwise I just feel CHEATED thanks to faulty computers!
__________________
Sarah
seirra79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:13 AM   #42
Otimon
DIS Veteran
 
Otimon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Mickey's backyard
Posts: 2,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by seirra79 View Post
And my fears were true...by the time I got to talk to disney today and get my castaway number added to our reservation all the cabanas were booked!!!!!

I'm sooo devastated right now...my husband and I are taking both our parents on this cruise with us...they are both celebrating their 40th wedding anniversaries...and we really wanted to spoil them with a cabana...plus they could use the respite from the sun!

Please someone make me feel better and tell me that they were already all booked by the time gold members could book? Lol...maybe that will make me feel better....otherwise I just feel CHEATED thanks to faulty computers!
Don't be so hard on yourself. Relax and enjoy the thought of the wonderful cruise ahead! Put your name on a cabana wait list and hope for the best. Folks can and do cancel. Check every day.

DCL website has been having trouble for a while now but it seems corrected. For openers, the itinerary has changed from the usual 4-night one of PC, Nassau, Sea, CC, PC. It's now listed on my reservation as PC, Sea, Nassau, CC, PC.

I am a Platinum CC member and at 120 days out there was nothing listed for CC activities at all. All CC adventures were inactive, not just the cabana listings. Had I wanted a cabana at that time I would have had to call to inquire if one was available and then reserve it. By the time Gold gets to reserve they are always taken so I know it's disappointing but you have not been cheated.

Plenty of shady spots to lounge in for your parents so don't worry. We celebrated our 48th anniversary earlier this year so we're not far from their age group and do just fine under the shade palms without a cabana. They're going to love it.

Pirate night for our cruise is listed for Day 3, Nassau. Bon Voyage!
Otimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:48 AM   #43
whitfive
Mouseketeer
 
whitfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mt. Pleasant, SC
Posts: 285

Quote:
Originally Posted by seirra79 View Post
I saw this on my reservation page on the Disney site....is this itinerary C???? And does that mean the fireworks AND pirate night will be on night 3/Nassau night? Where did you hear the fireworks would be night 3 instead of the last night as usual???

Day Port Ashore Onboard
1 Port Canaveral, Florida  3:45 p.m.
2 At Sea  
3 Nassau 9:30 a.m. 5:45 p.m.
4 Castaway Cay 8:30 a.m. 4:30 p.m.
5 Port Canaveral, Florida 7:30 a.m. 
All the cruises we have taken, the fireworks have never been on the last night (unless it is a 3 night)...pirate night and fireworks are on day 3. Since this is a port day remember to pace yourself...it can be a LONG day!
__________________
Michelle

ME DH DS 18 DD17 DS 13

WDW:May 2000,Feb 2002,Nov 2003,Dec 2005, Jan 2007,Nov 2007,Feb 2009,Dec 2010,Nov 2011, Sept 2012,May 2013, Dec 2013, March 2014, Sept 2014
DCL: April 2010-Wonder 4 nt. Bahama June 2012-Fantasy 7 nt. Eastern Feb 9 2013-Magic 6 nt.Western Oct 27 2013-Dream 4 nt Bahama Jan. 2, 2014-Dream 3 nt. Bahama March 7, 2014-Magic 3 nt Bahama June 7, 2014-Fantasy 7 nt. Western Oct 1 2014-Wonder 5 nt Double Dip Jun 20, 2015-Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
Carnival: Aug 2011-Facination 4 night Bahama
whitfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:24 AM   #44
KerriM
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Iowa
Posts: 50

Pack your costumes!!

Disney blog just posted this. Looks like we're getting a Halloween party, folks! Glad I bought those costumes earlier this year on sale.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...the-high-seas/
KerriM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:09 PM   #45
Otimon
DIS Veteran
 
Otimon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Mickey's backyard
Posts: 2,543

Glad to hear it. Get out some extra film, too. Sounds like great fun!
Otimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: