Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 09:35 PM   #1
newfiegirl
Hello Mickey!

I need restaurants for 10 days

Hi, we are a family of 4 (dh and 2 sons ages 5 and 8). We love a variety of food and we like doing mainly dinners (maybe 1 breakfast just for the characters). While the atmosphere is certainly important, we also like good food. I am open to anything really, so I am just interested in what the experts would suggest as must doers for a small family with boys! Thanks
newfiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:53 PM   #2
disneybliss2
DIS Veteran

I would suggest:

'Ohana: delicious food, all you can eat, fun atmosphere for the entire family

Boma: great buffet with very unique offerings (but plenty of plainer items if your kids are pickier), beautiful setting

Via Napoli: good pizza, LOVE the zeppole di ricotta fritters for dessert...YUM!

Teppan Edo: hibachi style Japanese cooking, very well prepared food

Sanaa: great food, unique setting if you eat early enough and get a window seat you can view the animals while eating (it's at Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani).

Crystal Palace: (breakfast) wide variety, great omelet & pancake station that chef prepares before you, love getting an early reservation before park opening. Getting pictures without hoards of people in them is priceless!
disneybliss2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2013, 09:54 PM   #3
topmonkeygirl
DIS Veteran

I would go to Sci Fi the kids will love the atmosphere, but stick to the burgers onion rings and shakes. Love the burgers, and from what I've heard everything else is either O.K. or not very good.

Our fav character breakfast is Tuskar House. Food is good, hot, fresh. Not only do you get the standard breakfast buffet fare, but you also get some African inspired dishes. Try the corned beef it's to die for, it's not that canned junk either.

Ohauna is another good breakfast it's served family style and you get Lilo and Stitch.

Flame Tree BBQ is a good quick service meal, food is really good. Some of the best quick service on Disney property.

Columbia Harbour House another good quick service meal. Fish and chips, really good.

50's Prime Time Cafe' their fried chicken can't be beat. If you want some comfort food you've found it.

What kid doesn't love Rainforest or T-Rex? Food is good a little pricey, but the atmosphere is worth the money and wait.

Those are some of our favs. Hope it helps.

It really is a "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow".
topmonkeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:56 PM   #4
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

Wow, the list can be endless, from parks to resorts. What resort are you staying at, sometimes that can help make some decisions? And do you have a car or are you relying on WDW transport?

A few places that come into mind at the park for the boys:
HS - Prime Time and/or Sci-Fi Drive in
EPCOT - Coral Reef
MK - CP (I'd do lunch only if it was my choice)
AK - Tusker House breakfast or lunch (Donald's Safari)
Resorts - Cape May Cafe, Beaches and Cream, ESPN Club, O'Hana

I have a review website with photos if you would like to view some photos and reviews of some of the WDW restaurants, feel free to check it out:
www.disneydiningreviews.com
jwfla422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:58 PM   #5
G719
Mouseketeer

Another recommendation for the Tusker house breakfast and Via Napoli. I would say the Garden Grill would be good for the age of your kids. We thought it was good.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:16 AM   #6
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Character Breakfast - Tusker House

Dinner Suggestions:

AK - Yak & Yeti

Epcot- Biergarten, Via Napoli, Le Chefs, Garden Grill

MK - Liberty Tree Tavern

Resorts:
Ohana, Kona, Cape May, Sanaa & Boma

Check out the menus for all the Disney restaurants on property at allears.net - you may find some that appeal to you and your family more. My suggestion is to try what appeals to you.

Good Luck & Congrats!

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 AKV Kidani June 2016

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:18 AM   #7
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

There are over 100 sit down restaurants in WDW. You can get most anything you want. I would suggest a starting point would be to review the menus her on the DIS and on allears.net. It will help you get an idea of the menus and also the prices. It is a good way to see what appeals to your family.

We love the international restaurants in WS at Epcot.
We enjoy the Biergarden for a great buffet and entertainment for the kids, Teppan Edo for the delicious food and the show the chefs put on while cooking at your table, Restaurant Marakkesh has delicious food, is a beautiful restaurant and has a band and belly dancer to entertain, Via Napoli for the delicious food and fun atmosphere and the Rose & Crown Restaurant for the food, warm friendly service and an excellent view of Illuminations, Reflections of Earth.
Have Fun
Old 03-04-2013, 08:55 AM   #8
aml3679
Kita's Mom

We are going without children but did not realize how hard it would be to pick restaurants. We are getting the Deluxe plan and staying at The Wilderness Lodge. We want to relax and have fun. We want the dining plan but know it will be restrictive on our time. Good puck.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:55 AM   #9
aml3679
Kita's Mom

Luck - sorry!
Old 03-04-2013, 09:21 AM   #10
teach22180
DIS Veteran

If you have hibachi restaurants where you are from, I wouldn't waste time at Teppen Edo at Disney. We love them, but we have lots in our area.

I took slightly older kids who loved the breakfast at Ohana with Lilo and Stitch.

And, I would agree with the pp who mentioned Garden Grill for Chip and Dale and Mickey!

Have fun choosing.
offsite Thanksgiving 1974, offsite Christmas 1981, CBR and the Disney Wonder August 2006, ASMo August 2007, POFQ June 2009, BC October 2010, POP and the Dream and then the WL August 2011, BW October 2012, POP August 2013

I've eaten at 84 out of 241 restaurants at Walt Disney World (35%)
I've eaten at 42 out of 85 quick service/counter service restaurants at Walt Disney World (49%)
I've eaten at 17 out of 70 table-service restaurants at Walt Disney World (24%)
I've eaten at 2 out of 18 signature restaurants at Walt Disney World (11%)
I've eaten at 0 out of 3 dinner show restaurants at Walt Disney World (0%)
teach22180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #11
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

A few of our favorites are Boma (dinner), Cape May, Ohana, and Chef Mickeys (all 3 for both breakfast and dinner).

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:50 AM   #12
Dziactor
Mouseketeer

My musts are Liberty Tree Tavern (love thanksgiving and this takes me there), Jiko is great (love the flatbreads and the filet), Ohana is good for Dinner - wasn't as into breakfast, Be Our Guest seems to have an amazing menu, ill be there in 7 days and cant wait.

Dziactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:22 AM   #13
Julie711
DIS Veteran

Some of our favorites are :

Breakfast - Tuskershouse - great atmosphere & food
CS lunch- Cosmic Rays, Flametree BBQ , Casey Corner, Backlot Express, Fairfaxe , San Angel Cantina , EOS

Dinner- Rainforest Cafe/ T Rex would be perfect for your sons!
50' s Cafe, Crystal Palace, Chef Mickeys, Ohana,

Me DH DD(6yrs)DS(2 yrs)

9/06- CBR- Honeymoon/ 4/10- CBR- 1st Family Trip/ 8/10- CBR- Family & Grandmom Visit/ 5/11- CBR/ 2/12-AKL- Kid Free Trip For My B Day!/ 11/12- BWV- 1st Christmas Visit 4/13-DL-DH Birthday Trip Kid Free/ 9/13-WLV

Julie711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:58 AM   #14
spidet1964
Mouseketeer

Prime time cafe and definately Boma my favorite restaurant anywhere.

]
spidet1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:20 AM   #15
stitchlover
DIS Veteran

We go for 10 days every spring. Here are ours highlights for the next trip:

Wolfgang Puck Express for lunch arrival day
Boma Dinner arrival day
Crystal Palace Breaskfast
Restaurant Marrakesh dinner
Yak and Yeti dinner
Mama Melrose Fantasmic package
Gardenview Tea Room on rest day for afternoon tea
Jiko dinner
Cape May Cafe Breakfast
Be Our Guest dinner
Tusker House breakfast
Citricos
Teppan Edo
Kona Cafe
Boma breakfast before heading to the airport

Seems like a ton of food to me but we go every year and my family really likes a sit down dinner every evening and our 17 yo DD likes character breakfasts. Thank goodness for TIW!
ASMo 2006, POFQ 2007, WL 2008, Disneyland Paradise Pier 2008, Polynesian 2009, AKL 2010, Grand Floridian 2011, DIS ABD Backstage Magic 2/11, Wilderness Lodge 2011, Beach Club 2012, DCL 2012, AKL Kidani Village 2013, ASSports 2013, Disneyland 2013, Boardwalk & Saratoga Springs 2013

[/url]
stitchlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: