Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 05:39 PM   #1
Perditamarie
DIS Veteran

What's in your Easter Basket?

What is going in your baskets this year?

Found a few bargains:

Skylanders for $4.99 ($8.99 w/$4.00 instant rebate at BJs)

Love the Wreck it Ralph coupon!

I picked up Valentine classroom Skittles kits on clearance and will put the small candy packages in plastic eggs....the packaging is not valentines. Also picked up some erasers and bouncy balls for egg stuffers.

Found some great stuff at Five Below, like headphones, Lego DS stylus, comic books, gummy smurfs.

Need to find a clever basket that will double as some kind of storage device, like a storage cube or underbed storage box.

Anyone find any great deals or have clever ideas for stuffing eggs?
Old 03-03-2013, 05:45 PM   #2
tarheel618
DIS Veteran

I'm going to do a summer theme, flip flops, Maybe a new bathing suit (my girls are 10 and 7), sunglasses, new beach towel, sun block, some beach toys, and fill eggs with one dollar bills. I will do a little candy (but for the price of candy) i think I will do things that are related to summer that I would have to buy anyways.
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2013, 06:21 PM   #3
mrsbornkuntry
I'm worried about raccoons
I carry a diaper

I'm having a hard time with my teens this year, but I've picked up a couple things. I have new t-shirts for each child, a couple small toys that I bought for stocking stuffers that didn't fit in their stockings.

Disney pins marked down at Christmas
Arm bands for their ipod touches
The three oldest will get new beach towels
I picked up a football for my youngest
I cashed in mypoints for a Subway gc for my 15yo
My 17yo is getting a waist wallet to wear under her clothes for a trip she's taking this summer

I keep watching for a deal on Skylanders because I'd like to get my 11yo and 8yo some more. Other than that I really don't know. My 8yo and 13yo also have birthdays in April so I'm struggling.

Beret...$15.00
Boots..$135.00
Having them HOME
on the floor....
PRICELESS
mrsbornkuntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:36 PM   #4
carebee21
DIS Veteran

DS's basket is going to have a few vinylmations, Wreck it Ralph DVD, a nerf football, a pair of summer pjs and a little bit of candy. We have a disney outlet right down the street from us, so if they get in any new pins or anything else that is interesting, I'll probably throw that in as well. And I think the Easter Bunny may leave him a new board game as well, if I can find something that looks good. DS loves to play the same two ones over and over, so I'm hoping to distract him with something new, because frankly, I'm sick of those same two games
Old 03-03-2013, 07:02 PM   #5
mrsbornkuntry
I'm worried about raccoons
I carry a diaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by carebee21 View Post
DS's basket is going to have a few vinylmations, Wreck it Ralph DVD, a nerf football, a pair of summer pjs and a little bit of candy. We have a disney outlet right down the street from us, so if they get in any new pins or anything else that is interesting, I'll probably throw that in as well. And I think the Easter Bunny may leave him a new board game as well, if I can find something that looks good. DS loves to play the same two ones over and over, so I'm hoping to distract him with something new, because frankly, I'm sick of those same two games
I can sympathize, my 8yo is stuck on The Game of Life.

Beret...$15.00
Boots..$135.00
Having them HOME
on the floor....
PRICELESS
mrsbornkuntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:09 PM   #6
Taylor'sMom
Wish I was there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel618 View Post
I'm going to do a summer theme, flip flops, Maybe a new bathing suit (my girls are 10 and 7), sunglasses, new beach towel, sun block, some beach toys, and fill eggs with one dollar bills. I will do a little candy (but for the price of candy) i think I will do things that are related to summer that I would have to buy anyways.
I've done this several times, especially when we have a DIS trip in thw spring. Its stuff i'd have to buy anyway. Fun sunglasses and flip flips. Coordinating Hair accessories went in eggs.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:58 PM   #7
luckyfin
Coming out of hiding

I bought a bunch of stuff when the Disney Store was having their 40% sale online. Our baskets will have a few plushes, pajamas, a few short sleeve shirts, a bunch of Disney stickers and a stamp set. I will probably add a movie, either Pochahontas or Mulan, and a few snacks.
POR 2011 DD's 1st Trip Pop 2012 POFQ 2013 Offsite 2014 POR 2015
luckyfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:15 PM   #8
aprilgail2
Ikea- Swedish for CRAP

My daughter is older (13) but I am still doing a basket for her- I guess it will have a chocolate rabbit, some peanut butter cups and then some gift cards and makeup...haven't really thought much about it yet.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:34 PM   #9
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

DD5 is getting an 8 pack of My Little Pony's ($13), a stuffed bunny ($1), peanut butter eggs, and some other candy.
DD14 is getting a shirt (Old Navy gift certificate...so free!), gift card, candy and gum.
DS17 is getting a pair of athletic pants (clearance at Target, $8.00), a gift card, candy and gum.
DD23 and her DH are getting a gift card to a restaurant, some snack foods, candy and gum.
I get the candy at CVS for much of nothing with the ECB's I have
With 4 kids and a new SIL, I try and do as budget as I can. I realize that a couple of my kids are a little "old" for baskets, but they are still my babies and I love getting them a little something too
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(7)

Patiently (NOT) waiting for a new ticker

Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:25 AM   #10
tenaseewalker
Mouseketeer

My son is 13 yrs old and still gets an Easter Basket. This year he's getting his PAP to Disney World and his annual pass to Cedar Point (everyone is getting their passes to both places for Easter), Easter eggs filled with Disney Dollars and his first digital camera. We eat very little candy or sugar in our house so we like to fill the Easter Basket with fun places to go throughout the year instead of filling our bellies with sugar.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:21 AM   #11
Angiea1114
Mouseketeer

Ours are all related to our trip to WDW the next day!!
I have 2 DD's, 15 and 16, traveling with their HS band to Disney on 4/1 on a 20 hour bus ride and the rest of us are flying down to watch them March in the parade.
DD15 & 16: their phones will most likely be upgrade the week before so that is their main gift, but snacks and candy for bus and hotel, $$, makeup, flip flops, etc.
DS12: Hidden Mickey book, new ear buds, candy, sunglasses, $$, pins (for trading), app gift card
DS5: (1st trip to WDW) : autograph book and marker, pin trading lanyard, ear buds, candy, coloring book and crayons for plane, $$

Getting so excited!!!!
Angiea1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:16 AM   #12
Jenny3
DIS Veteran

DD17 is getting Breaking Dawn 2; DD9 is getting 5 American Girl books (got from a FB garage sale group); DS3 is getting a Superman toy set. All three will get candy and chocolate eggs

Nov 2012 - IA & US Orlando, SW, DC
Dec 2011 - WDW, Boardwalk Villas
Feb 2004 - WDW, IOA, Fort Wilderness Cabins
April 2000 - DL & US Hollywood
Jenny3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:36 AM   #13
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

I did an art theme this year. At Target I got each kid a pack of crayons, markers, and colored pencils. They had Lego sticker/folder packs on sale for 90 cents each at Target in the red sticker section. Those were perfect because they had two friends packs and two ninjago packs. They also had little lego notebooks on sale for 90 cents, so I got 4 of those to match the folders. I also got each of them got these cute lego erasers that came in packs of 4 for 45 cents! I got all of them a book of plain drawing paper. The girls also got a Disney princess color wonder set with stickers to color. That was cool because I also found that at Target on sale for $6 from 16. The boys both are getting one small lego set ($5) each as well. I got them workbooks off the $1 rack at Target too. Two for each of them. Letters/ numbers/ math. Then I got them some candy to put on top. M&M in a plastic egg, Jelly beans in a plastic egg, reese's pieces shaped like a carrot, and those flavored milk straws. I was really happy with it this year. In all I spent less than 20/basket.

(Me and DH), (DD12), (DS11), (DS7),(DD7) &
wallawallakids is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:22 AM   #14
Pigeon
DIS Veteran

We keep Easter baskets to candy and a few trinkets. I have no interest in making it a big expense or a big gift fest.

I've got a teen and a preteen, both girls. Besides candy, they'll get a little make-up and a nail polish or two.

For those of you who are Aldi's shoppers, they have some really nice Easter chocolate for great prices.
Pigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:29 AM   #15
mjantz
DIS Veteran

Wreck It Ralph on Blu-Ray (may be for both if I can't find a second movie), a book, a t-shirt & some candy. Oh & some Candyland & Operation band-aids from the Target Dollar Spot.
mjantz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: