Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 04:40 PM   #1
yupikgal
DIS Veteran

*PTR: June 2013 Grad & Birthday celebrations & just because!*

Cast of Characters:

Myself: 51 year old mom
My Kids: 17 yr old son, graduating h.s. this year & 20 yr old daughter (birthday in June) & possibly son's on again, off again girlfriend (off right now)
Brother, his Wife, their daughter, granddaughter and cousin.

Itinerary: (some may change slightly)

Leave Anchorage June 6 @ 12:55 a.m., heading to Orange County via Portland, OR, arriving SNA @ 9:35 a.m. My brother and his family joined the trip late, so they took a later flight to save some $$. They will only get there an hour 1/2 after us!

Catch Super Shuttle from airport to hotel.

Howard Johnson's on Harbor Blvd for 3 nights! Requested building 1, standard 2 queen beds. 3 day parkhoppers! Plans for special meals, attractions? Character Breakfast @ Minnie & Friends @ the Plaza Inn on Main Street on Friday June 7, either lunch or dinner @ Blue Bayou or Carthay Circle, my son's choice since it's his graduation! We will do our family tradition, which is to ride Soarin' first in DCA! The kids are very excited to experience Cars Land, since neither of them have seen it in person. I saw it for the first time in Dec, but only for a short while, and it was raining the day we went, and I didn't get to ride anything. So I need to read up on the procedures of how to assure we get on RSR! We are so looking forward to experiencing all of our fav rides and attractions, and just enjoying the atmosphere, food (pomme frittes, gumbo & beignets from Cafe Orleans, here we come!) my fav. snack the dole whip float, going on GRR, Monster's Inc, Splash, POTC, Jungle Cruise & much more! I can't wait to soak in the happiness & magic again!

Sunday, June 9, leave Anaheim with the Lux Bus, they will pick us up right from Ho Jo's & drive us to their main base in the parking garage of Anaheim Gardenwalk. Then on to our next destination...VEGAS, baby! I have been wanting to bring my kids to the Cirque Beatles "LOVE" show since I first saw it last year, and now's the time! We are either staying at the Mirage or somewhere else on the strip that we can get a good deal at. Right now I'm thinking Flamingo or possibly T.I. or Paris. We will be there for 3 nights, I really want to see the new Cirque MJ show that will be at Mandalay Bay! Celine Dion is going to be there during the same time, but I can't afford all 3! I'd like to take the kids to an outlet mall, my sister, niece & I discovered the North Vegas outlets when we were there in Dec., and it's a dandy! Maybe go to Primm instead? I would like to show them Freemont Street at night (early) M & M Factory store, and a few other places. Lay by the pool, eat @ Mon Ami Gabi @ Paris, a really nice Mexican place my niece & I ate at in Dec in the Venetian, and maybe squeeze in a spa treatment/relax!! My brother and his family & my cousin will be there too, but in all honesty, we probably won't be around them much at that point, since we will be staying in separate hotels, and they may have other plans. They fly back to Alaska on 6/13, we are heading back to Anaheim the day before.

Wednesday, June 12, leave Vegas at 3:30p with Lux Bus again, back to Anaheim by 8p. This is the part I'm having a hard time with. We leave SNA on June 15 at 3p, so we have 2 full days and a 1/2 day the last day. Not sure what to do! Suggestions are welcome! I've thought of doing a day trip to Catalina Island, tour the Queen Mary in Long Beach, take a bus to LA so we could do Farmer's Market/the Grove, thought about heading down towards SD, since we love it there, but not sure where we will stay. I don't drive there, so we would have to take the train, (we love the train) or I've thought about staying in the Anaheim/Beach area before we leave and just enjoy the beach, we've been to Laguna & Newport, but not those other places like; Santa Monica, Huntington Beach, etc. I've also thought about heading to Oceanside & then staying in Carlsbad since they will pick us up from the train station. What to do? My kids both would love to eat at the Melting Pot, we ate there in SD several years ago and they loved it! So I've also considered staying in Old Town SD or maybe the Catamaran or somewhere else right on the water! Last time we were there, we stayed at the Manchester Hyatt in downtown SD, it was a great location, but I don't want to stay there again. We have also stayed on Shelter Island, but it's sort of isolated, we are looking for somewhere we can catch the trolley or bus. Too many decisions to make!!

So excited about this since both my kids are coming, and we are tired of snow right now and look forward to palm trees & pools & Mickey Mouse, pirates & more!!
DL, CA, DD Feb 23-26, 2012 Paradise Pier!!
Going back to DL & Southern California! 5/26-6/10, 2011
Anaheim/Disneyland/Las Vegas! May 21-June 3, 2010
Disneyland, California Adventure (Anaheim) San Diego August 8-12, 13-16, 2009
Disneyworld, D Wonder & Universal Studios: Oct. 2003
Polynesian Resort, Royal Pacific Resort
Disneyland: November 1999
Disneyworld: October 1994

Last edited by yupikgal; 03-03-2013 at 04:54 PM.
yupikgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:52 PM   #2
ishbit92
Mouseketeer

For the last 3 days, I vote MORE DISNEYLAND!!
2010 DLR in May to celebrate my high school graduation!
2011 DLR vacation in June with family ^_^
2013 DLR trip in June to celebrate my brother's graduation
UPCOMING: DLR November 2014 with my parents, brother, and boyfriend
ishbit92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:05 AM   #3
yupikgal
DIS Veteran

You would!! Well I think we probably will do that, who can argue with more Disney?
DL, CA, DD Feb 23-26, 2012 Paradise Pier!!
Going back to DL & Southern California! 5/26-6/10, 2011
Anaheim/Disneyland/Las Vegas! May 21-June 3, 2010
Disneyland, California Adventure (Anaheim) San Diego August 8-12, 13-16, 2009
Disneyworld, D Wonder & Universal Studios: Oct. 2003
Polynesian Resort, Royal Pacific Resort
Disneyland: November 1999
Disneyworld: October 1994

yupikgal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: