Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2013, 04:16 PM   #62
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Hello fellow Nova Scotian! I just found your report and am now all caught up and subscribing for the rest.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2013, 04:27 PM   #63
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Clever TR title for sure! I will definitely have to remember the key under the mat at the Muppets... good to know for future visits.

Yay for Characterpalooza! We accidently encountered it (them?) several years ago and kept going back and not seeing the unique characters until we learned about the select hours. I've always wanted to see the evil queen! (Queen of Hearts and Tweedle Dee/Dum were the BEST!!)

I'm loving your TR! Looking forward to more.
Brenda, thank you so much and . I'm so very pleased you're here.
The competition for clever trip titles is definitely tough.

I was so happy to remember the key, but so bummed I forgot to take a picture.

Characterpalooza is pretty darn cool. I hear they've moved it back out to the Streets of America again.

Thank you again so much for following along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
ANIMAL!!!! That just made my day!!
Thank you my Queen. I'm so very happy to hear that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Hello fellow Nova Scotian! I just found your report and am now all caught up and subscribing for the rest.
OMG yay! So excited to have a Cape Bretoner along! That's so awesome!
Old 03-17-2013, 09:12 AM   #64
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

ANIMALS, EXPEDITIONS, AND A FIREWORKS FINALE!
Day 3 – October 10, 2012 Part 2

First, Happy St. Patrick's Day to all who celebrate this fine day of... well... Drinking and stuff.

Second, I've come to realize that at this time of year I'm always either on a trip, just back from a trip, or getting ready for a trip.
So, I've begun checking flights daily, and if I come across a good price, I may finally take that solo trip I've been considering forever.
If it happens, it would just be too quick to round anybody else up.
I'm currently shooting for end of April. If I find the right price... I'm gone.
I really need a Disney Fix. We'll see.
Also, I plan to take my parents to Disney in the fall as a small token of appreciation for having taken me so many times in my life.
Not to mention being such wonderful parents in general.

With that, I now return you to our regularly scheduled trip report.

After seeing sufficient amounts of animals doing animal stuff,
(Basically eating and resting… actually not unlike human stuff),
The Safari wait time was up to 30 minutes.
So, we took a stroll down the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail.
I really love the walking trails because, unlike the safari, you can go at your own pace.
You can actually stop and watch and photograph without being jerked out of your shorts by a suddenly rampaging safari jeep.
Plus, they're usually not overly crowded since so many people skip them.

Meerkat R Cool.

Next up… Everest. I just couldn’t hold out any longer. I needed my fix.
Nothing was going to stand in my way short of some DiVine intervention!

She is sooooooo cool.

We grabbed some fast passes for our expedition since the wait was a little on the high side,
And headed on over towards DinoLand to kill time until our return window opened.

This park is just breathtaking to look at.

Soon we will be together!

As you can see…

…It was packed

We did a quick whirl on Primeval Whirl,
A ride which just brings out the giggles in me for some reason,
Before boarding our Time Rover to head back into “Dinosaur Times”
And save our beloved iguanodon Aladar.
Take that Mrs. Huxtable!! You can’t stop me!

Oddly, I have no ride photo, so it must have been pretty uninteresting.
Or I was just anxious to get back to Everest.

Anyway, we saved Aladar…….. AGAIN…
Seriously, every time I ride this I have to save this dino.
How does he keep getting back into the past?
Can’t somebody keep an eye on him when we bring him back?
We risked our lives here!

Finally the wait was over and our Everest fastpass window was officially open!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I... love... this... ride!

TO BE CONTINUED…

Last edited by DisneyKid4Life; 04-07-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:32 AM   #65
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

I just poured myself a cup of coffee with a little Bailey's in it to enjoy my St. Patrick's Day morning and your TR!!!

Shanleigh and I did Pangani last trip and we looked at each other and asked why we don't do it every trip...to which I replied, cause you always want to be on a ride!! Like you, EE, is her favourite ride!

I love that you're gonna book a trip last minute...good for you!!! And the trip where you're planning to take your parents brought a tear to my eye...that, or I put too much Bailey's in my coffee! My sister and her hubby took my parents in 2004 and they loved it! I know they would have loved to have gone back but it wasn't to be

Hope you enjoy your Sunday!
Old 03-17-2013, 09:54 AM   #66
J.C.&ALI'SMOM
I really had to bite my tongue on that one
Wondering how we could get our moonshine on the plane

Great AK day! Can't wait to see more of your wonderful photos. That Picture of you with Divine made me do a double take. Someone who didn't know about her would think you took a photo next to a bush!

Old 03-17-2013, 03:44 PM   #67
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

And a very Happy St. Patrick's day to you too! I choose to celebrate with a nice beef brisket, hold the cabbage please!

Ha ha! "Take that Mrs. Huxtable!" You're funny! I am always fascinated when I see a celebrity (quasi celebrity?) stumping for Dis. Now, I fully endorse Gary Sinise for Mission space - he just fits that part so well. Anyways... back to YOUR TR.

Do you notice for the Pangani Trail thing that when you get to the gorillas - it has a smell? Yeah, that's what I notice after seeing these amazing creatures?? But they are fascinating even if they exhibit the same characteristics as seeing my hubby snoozing in front of the TV!

That is so very nice of you to treat your folks to a Disney trip.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #68
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Happy St. Paddy's day to you! (<-- He's green, he's celebrating!)
I also love the walking trails in AK, I always take my good ole' time with my camera.
Your Everest pics made me want to be there RIGHT NOW!
Old 03-17-2013, 04:41 PM   #69
natebenma
DIS Veteran

A great morning at AK continues!

Your pictures on the trail are amazing! The hippos are beautiful. No, seriously! Fantastic photos!

The gorilla shots are also incredible- such expression on his face.

Killing time in Dinoland- good thing that you didn't add time to your EE wait by going back to the past.

Because, what a fun ride!!!

Looking for a place where someone might appreciate this, and I think this is just the spot! And it goes with one of your pictures:

Old 03-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #70
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just poured myself a cup of coffee with a little Bailey's in it to enjoy my St. Patrick's Day morning and your TR!!!
A great big for a little Bailey's in the morning.

Quote:
Shanleigh and I did Pangani last trip and we looked at each other and asked why we don't do it every trip...to which I replied, cause you always want to be on a ride!! Like you, EE, is her favourite ride!
I had to laugh at at this. That's too funny... but it's true. Tell Shan she has awesome taste in rides.

Quote:
I love that you're gonna book a trip last minute...good for you!!! And the trip where you're planning to take your parents brought a tear to my eye...that, or I put too much Bailey's in my coffee! My sister and her hubby took my parents in 2004 and they loved it! I know they would have loved to have gone back but it wasn't to be
Certainly nothing is certain yet, but I'm hopeful. There is a sweet fare next week for $360 direct (which is amazing for here), but just too near to pull the trigger. So I'm hoping to see something similar for when I can go. Fingers are crossed.

I'm definitely looking forward to taking to rents down. It really came about so out of the blue. When I was at their place on Christmas morning, I put on the Disney Christmas Parade (since Christmas isn't Christmas without the Disney Christmas parade), and my father just mentioned that "when he wins the lottery he'd like to go back one more time". That's when I decided to do just that!

Quote:
Hope you enjoy your Sunday!
Thank you. I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C.&ALI'SMOM View Post
Great AK day! Can't wait to see more of your wonderful photos. That Picture of you with Divine made me do a double take. Someone who didn't know about her would think you took a photo next to a bush!
Thank you so very much! I really appreciate that a great deal.
Haha, I know. It's so funny to watch people... "Why is everybody looking at that tree". Then she moves. It's so hysterical!
It's funny too because I went so many times to AK and never saw her. On this day, she seemed to be there every time we went through her area.

Quote:
And a very Happy St. Patrick's day to you too! I choose to celebrate with a nice beef brisket, hold the cabbage please!
Hey Brenda! Thank you, and welcome back over to this side. Not a fan of cabbage myself.

Quote:
Ha ha! "Take that Mrs. Huxtable!" You're funny! I am always fascinated when I see a celebrity (quasi celebrity?) stumping for Dis. Now, I fully endorse Gary Sinise for Mission space - he just fits that part so well. Anyways... back to YOUR TR.
Haha, yes I know, the celebs are everywhere. My fav is actually Patrick Warburton at Soarin'. He just cracks me up. "Nice work Pal!" It gets me every time. Everyone else is just waiting to ride, and I can't take my eyes off the screen. I'm like, "People be quiet, Puddy's talking!"

Quote:
Do you notice for the Pangani Trail thing that when you get to the gorillas - it has a smell? Yeah, that's what I notice after seeing these amazing creatures?? But they are fascinating even if they exhibit the same characteristics as seeing my hubby snoozing in front of the TV!
OMG, that's too funny. Yes, they do indeed have an aroma. But darn if I couldn't keep watching them all day.

Quote:
That is so very nice of you to treat your folks to a Disney trip.
Thank you for that. I really hope it comes to pass. Plus, I can actually takes notes and stuff to do a PROPER TR. I'll bet Em takes you down one of these days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Happy St. Paddy's day to you! (<-- He's green, he's celebrating!)
I also love the walking trails in AK, I always take my good ole' time with my camera.
Your Everest pics made me want to be there RIGHT NOW!
Ha, I love it. And a perfect green thumb ups back at you.
Aren't the trails wonderful? More people need to do them.

Thank you. OMG, yes I want to be there right now too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
A great morning at AK continues!

Your pictures on the trail are amazing! The hippos are beautiful. No, seriously! Fantastic photos!

The gorilla shots are also incredible- such expression on his face.
Aww, thank you Dee. Honestly, thanks so much. If I had planned to do a TR I probably would have focused even more on the photos so that really means a lot to me.

Quote:
Killing time in Dinoland- good thing that you didn't add time to your EE wait by going back to the past.

Because, what a fun ride!!!
Haha, I know, right? I never considered that. I'll pretend that you actually come back at the exact moment that you left, so no time lost. Yes, EE is just too fantastic!

Quote:
Looking for a place where someone might appreciate this, and I think this is just the spot! And it goes with one of your pictures:
That photo is priceless. A mere cat... awesome. Thanks for posting that!
Old 03-17-2013, 09:19 PM   #71
SimplyGoofy
"You are not Mickey Mouse... you are a rat!" "Rat, shmat. Besides, they're tourists. What do they know?"

I know I've done both trails on previous trips, but I made a point to spend time on both of them during my last Disney-venture. I agree that they're a great highlight, and I don't understand why people skip them either?! Not only are the animals fun - the details along the trail are incredible!

Hooray for Everest! I love that ride.

Feb 2012 - A Savanna, A Wizard, and Oodles of Food - AKL/DxDP/WWoHP
Old 03-18-2013, 12:21 PM   #72
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyGoofy View Post
I know I've done both trails on previous trips, but I made a point to spend time on both of them during my last Disney-venture. I agree that they're a great highlight, and I don't understand why people skip them either?! Not only are the animals fun - the details along the trail are incredible!

Hooray for Everest! I love that ride.
I know right? The trails are amazing even without the animals. But if people want to skip it, all the more room for the rest of us!!

Hooray for Everest indeed!
Old 03-18-2013, 05:39 PM   #73
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

I am soooo with you on Expedition Everest! It's my favorite and I find the theming to be unreal. They did such an amazing job with that ride as a whole, seriously.

I love doing the Trails at AK! The park is so beautiful but like you said, it seems like a lot of people forget about them! Oh well, their loss and our gain, right?!

DiVine is awesome! I know some people find her creepy or whatever but I find her really neat to watch.

Glad I'm not the only one who says "weeee" because I'll sometimes throw one out in the middle of EE just for giggles, hahaha.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:11 AM   #74
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

Wow- What a cool encounter with the hippo under water.. that is super cool!

AK did seem pretty dead, LOL.

Ya'll totally rocked it out on the coaster!

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
Old 03-19-2013, 09:36 AM   #75
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

That would be so great if you were able to swing a solo trip!

I really don't know why people skip the trails, they are one of our favorite things to do at AK! One time we spent at least 20 minutes watching the hippos. You got some great photos of them by the way. Last trip they were in the water way to the back so you couldn't really see them all that well. And DH loves the meerkats, he could watch those forever I think.

EE is probably my second favorite roller coaster after RNRC, but it is still so amazing! And you can get some great views of the rest of WDW from the top.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: