Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 09:11 AM   #46
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

Love the update!

I never knew those characters were at Hollywood.. Making a mental note of that now.. My oldest son would love to meet Captain Hook and Smee!!

I have never seen Fantasmic and I'm not sure why. Does this show a few times a day??

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
Old 03-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #47
pattyw
WDW- We luv u!!

I'm really enjoying your TR!! I love the childhood pictures! Your writing style is so engaging- definitely subscribing to this!!

(Me) (DH) (DS20) (DS17) (Jill) (Larry) (Todd) (Riley)
WDW is our HAPPY PLACE!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2013, 04:42 PM   #48
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Nice finding the evil queen! She's usually so hidden at character palooza that it's tricky to get to her before her set's over haha!

Disney channel rocks is something I seriously enjoy, and was totally just listening to it...

AH FANTASMIC. I seriously can't even think about it without tearing up, reading the part about sorcerer mickey, UGH my feelings...
I know, right? I was pretty darn excited about meeting her.

I like the Disney Channel Rocks I guess, but I'm ashamed to say I actually really liked the High School Musical 3. It's probably because I got to know the songs so well... Geez, I think I may have even knew the dances... Yikes.

I know... Fantasmic! Can you imagine it with those mouse ears? CHILLS times infinity!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Boy you guys sure scored in the character greetings didn't you? We were lucky enough to see her during MNSSHP and loved her!

I can't believe you found K8 in all that mayhem! Good job! Love Fantasmic...I could watch it over and over and over.....
We did ok I think considering we arrived so late. Thank God for Christopher!

I know I can't believe I found her either. I always get so excited seeing it with a newbie. Thank goodness for cell phones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C.&ALI'SMOM View Post
Great reporting and I'm so jealous y'all got a pic with the Evil Queen!
Thank you!! I was pretty excited she was there. We made a beeline once we got inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post
I'm late but I'm here! That first photo of you when you were little with the ears and t-shirt is PERFECT.

I have to catch up but I just wanted to say that I'm reading along!!
Thanks Dani. I'm so so so happy to have you here! You're def not late. Still 11 days to go! I really wish I still had those mouse ears!
Old 03-11-2013, 04:51 PM   #49
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
Love the update!

I never knew those characters were at Hollywood.. Making a mental note of that now.. My oldest son would love to meet Captain Hook and Smee!!

I have never seen Fantasmic and I'm not sure why. Does this show a few times a day??
Aww, thank you.

Yes, make sure to get to the Animation Building at around 4:50 for maximum meet time. It only happens if Fantasmic! is playing after 7:30pm.

Click here to read all about it. http://kennythepirate.com/2012/05/08...acter-palooza/

Fantasmic! can happen once or twice or not at all (during a slow period). Most times of year will have at least one a night with two a night on a couple of days a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyw View Post
I'm really enjoying your TR!! I love the childhood pictures! Your writing style is so engaging- definitely subscribing to this!!
Thank you so very much! I'm super glad to welcome you.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:46 PM   #50
natebenma
DIS Veteran

All caught up and loving your report. Your great humour and a sincere admiration for Disney are a winning combination!

Super day at the Studios!

Sounds like you really hit the highlights. Some thrills, some classics, a few rare characters and a compassionate CM.

The cowboy scene does exist! I saw it with my boys, but my husband missed it because he was off fetching fast passes. And it is, indeed, EPIC! Sorry.

Looking forward to reading more about your trip.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:57 PM   #51
SimplyGoofy
"You are not Mickey Mouse... you are a rat!" "Rat, shmat. Besides, they're tourists. What do they know?"

Isn't One Man's Dream just spectacular? We went in there twice during our last trip - there's so much to see! I don't understand why people skip it, either.

Oh, the elusive cowboy scene... I think during my next trip I'm just going to ask the CM's which boat I need to take in order to see the cowboys!

Of course, once you left the line it started moving! I don't envy you having to try and spot someone in the massive crowd that is the Fantasmic ampitheatre. I'm glad you found K8 and also glad you loved the show! I can't wait to see it again in May - we missed it last February because it was under refurbishment!

Feb 2012 - A Savanna, A Wizard, and Oodles of Food - AKL/DxDP/WWoHP
Old 03-12-2013, 01:46 PM   #52
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
All caught up and loving your report. Your great humour and a sincere admiration for Disney are a winning combination!

Super day at the Studios!

Sounds like you really hit the highlights. Some thrills, some classics, a few rare characters and a compassionate CM.

The cowboy scene does exist! I saw it with my boys, but my husband missed it because he was off fetching fast passes. And it is, indeed, EPIC! Sorry.

Looking forward to reading more about your trip.
Aww thank you so much! Yes, we did get pretty lucky on this day. Definitely a great way to start.
I know I did see that darn western scene once. And I swear I will again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyGoofy View Post
Isn't One Man's Dream just spectacular? We went in there twice during our last trip - there's so much to see! I don't understand why people skip it, either.

Oh, the elusive cowboy scene... I think during my next trip I'm just going to ask the CM's which boat I need to take in order to see the cowboys!

Of course, once you left the line it started moving! I don't envy you having to try and spot someone in the massive crowd that is the Fantasmic ampitheatre. I'm glad you found K8 and also glad you loved the show! I can't wait to see it again in May - we missed it last February because it was under refurbishment!
I think One Man's Dream should be mandatory! Oh you want to ride TOT do you...? Well first you are going to One Man's Dream and you will LOVE IT!

Yeah, I just don't get why it's so hard to see the cowboy. It seems to be a problem for EVERYONE! I'm with you, I'm totally making them put me on the right train next time.

Yes, we def got lucky at Fantasmic! I would hate not to see it. You're going back this May? I must've missed that. Awesome. New TR!
Old 03-13-2013, 04:19 PM   #53
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

ANIMALS, EXPEDITIONS, AND A FIREWORKS FINALE!
Day 3 – October 10, 2012 Part 1

We started day 3 much the same as we started day 2; Breakfast in the room and out the door early.
There’s no sleeping in Disney people!!

Today’s agenda consisted of some animal encounters with a fireworks finale. Not a bad way to spend a day I must say.

Our condo was a very short drive to our destination. Pop out the driveway, straight through the lights, up Sherberth Road (SHORT CUT), right to Animal Kingdom parking lot.
Total drive time, around 8 minutes. Not too bad.

I love the walk into Animal Kingdom. It just looks so secluded and lush. What lurks hidden behind all those trees?
King Kong maybe? Kevin Costner’s acting career? Mel Gibson’s sanity?
We would soon find out. It’s so great at building anticipation.

The adventure begins just outside the gates,

Then on to the masses waiting to be unleashed. This basically means everyone was waiting to head to one of 2 places; Asia, or our destination, Africa.

Normally, I would hit up Everest first (multiple times in fact), but K8 was so looking forward to seeing some animals, so it off to the Harambe Wildlife Reserve.
The level of detail in this park is stunning.

We arrived at Kilimanjaro Safaris to find just a few groups in front of us. Before long we had boarded our jeep and set off on our 2 week adventure.
Only, they don’t say anything about a 2 week adventure anymore.
Gone is the heroic rescue of Little Red.

Oh well, there’s still some animals to see.
Plus this safari would finally yield, at least for me, the most elusive animal of them all.

Let’s see some animals!

Hippo love

I yelled JUMP! …They did not.

Hellooooooooo

Are you talkin’ to me?

She just turned…

Finally, dear readers, I bring to you the most elusive and rarely seen animal in Kilimanjaro Safaris.
I hadn’t even really noticed until I looked at my photos later on.
I basically had just pointed my camera and hoped for the best….

Yes friends… That is in fact the cheetah back there. Awesome!

TO BE CONTINUED…

Last edited by DisneyKid4Life; 04-07-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:39 AM   #54
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Hahahaha I seriously laughed out loud at the Animal in the safari photo! So good and I was not expecting that. I love Animal so that was pretty perfect. Thanks for the good laugh!
Old 03-14-2013, 07:50 AM   #55
JessM
We all have a dream

I love your title! Subbing, can't wait to hear more!
Old 03-14-2013, 08:59 AM   #56
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Love AK in the morning!

Your pic of the ever elusive cheetah had me I didn't realize they now had THOSE KIND of Animals on the Safari! Must have added him with the rehab.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
Old 03-14-2013, 01:44 PM   #57
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Another Animal fan here!

Great start with the safari.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:15 PM   #58
katt789
DIS Veteran

ANIMAL!!! (you best read that in your best animal impression) Defs just laughed out loud at work at that!

I have to say, I love AK, and despite never spending too much time there, I'm going to say it's my favorite park. I feel a lot more "transported" to each place, a different world completely, and I mean, FOTLK doesn't hurt my love for it!

Sherberth roooooaaaaadddd! That place has a special meaning to me now, lawl. Coming from any Disney resort, when you hit it and turn right to go to AK, turn left and you get to the audition locations, hahaha. It killed me to drive by there every day when we stayed at AKL!

Instagram:Katt789
Twitter: KattWy

Old 03-15-2013, 11:45 AM   #59
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post
Hahahaha I seriously laughed out loud at the Animal in the safari photo! So good and I was not expecting that. I love Animal so that was pretty perfect. Thanks for the good laugh!
Thanks so much Dani! It's my absolute pleasure. Glad you enjoyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessM View Post
I love your title! Subbing, can't wait to hear more!
Jess, thank you so very much for joining in and I love seeing new people joining in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Love AK in the morning!

Your pic of the ever elusive cheetah had me I didn't realize they now had THOSE KIND of Animals on the Safari! Must have added him with the rehab.
Ha ha, yes, he was definitely a surprise. And here I thought they were only adding zebras...

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Another Animal fan here!

Great start with the safari.
Animal is awesome indeed. Thanks for the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
ANIMAL!!! (you best read that in your best animal impression) Defs just laughed out loud at work at that!

I have to say, I love AK, and despite never spending too much time there, I'm going to say it's my favorite park. I feel a lot more "transported" to each place, a different world completely, and I mean, FOTLK doesn't hurt my love for it!

Sherberth roooooaaaaadddd! That place has a special meaning to me now, lawl. Coming from any Disney resort, when you hit it and turn right to go to AK, turn left and you get to the audition locations, hahaha. It killed me to drive by there every day when we stayed at AKL!
ANIMAL!
I don't think I can read that and not talk like him,

Yeah, AK is definitely unique in its "Nahtazu" way. I def know your for FOTLK Katt, that's for sure.

Ahhh, Sherberth, how I love thee my little short cut. Wow, I had no idea where the auditions were.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:43 AM   #60
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Clever TR title for sure! I will definitely have to remember the key under the mat at the Muppets... good to know for future visits.

Yay for Characterpalooza! We accidently encountered it (them?) several years ago and kept going back and not seeing the unique characters until we learned about the select hours. I've always wanted to see the evil queen! (Queen of Hearts and Tweedle Dee/Dum were the BEST!!)

I'm loving your TR! Looking forward to more.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: