Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 11:11 AM   #16
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggeye View Post
Listening!
Awesome. So glad you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C.&ALI'SMOM View Post
Sounds good! I'm looking forward to more. Where did you eat on International Dr?
Thank you for being here. We ate at the Golden Coral Buffet. You can find them all over the Orlando area. They literally have everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikkii19 View Post
Joining in, fellow maritimer here, we just missed each other, we were there from the 20th to the 27th of October. Can't wait to read more.
So glad to welcome a fellow Maritimer. I'm sure we shared many of the same experiences having the trips so close. We may have even passed in the airport except you would have been smiling and I would have been crying...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinaBina View Post
Okay I'm in! Love your writing style!
Thank you Dina! I'm so glad to here that. I've pre-written the first 6 days or so, so I should be able to update with some consistency.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:10 PM   #17
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Holy smokes, I got a shout-out in the Intro! That's never happened before! Thanks Rob! I appreciate it, but I'm definitely not the king of trip reporters....among my heroes are Jordanyosh, GreatBiscuit, and Hucifer. (There are sooo many great reports out there, and I hate to list names because I'll leave somebody out, but if you read those you will not be disappointed! )

Anyway, great start. I applaud you for having the guts to post some childhood pictures. You're braver than me!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2013, 04:39 PM   #18
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Holy smokes, I got a shout-out in the Intro! That's never happened before! Thanks Rob! I appreciate it, but I'm definitely not the king of trip reporters....among my heroes are Jordanyosh, GreatBiscuit, and Hucifer. (There are sooo many great reports out there, and I hate to list names because I'll leave somebody out, but if you read those you will not be disappointed! )

Anyway, great start. I applaud you for having the guts to post some childhood pictures. You're braver than me!
Oooohhhhh, I have DIS royalty in my TR. Seriously though, I will definitely check those other reports out. Trust me though, I think I've read all your reports, and I do consider them truly fantastic and just flat out fun. You have a great family. But you're right, there's so many great ones I was hesitant to mention just a few as well. These were just a few that I was currently reading that stuck in my mind. Thanks for being here.

As for the childhood photos, ah, we're all friends here.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #19
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Oooohhhhh, I have DIS royalty in my TR.

Now cut that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
As for the childhood photos, ah, we're all friends here.
Of course!
Old 03-04-2013, 04:56 PM   #20
StitchsGurl
Former WDW Cast Member

I'm joining in as well - I was intrigued by your TR title!~

Sounds good to me so far - I can't wait to see what else will come of your trip~

And from one Canadian to another, hello, nice to meet you~

Old 03-04-2013, 06:29 PM   #21
katt789
DIS Veteran

Hi! I figured I should pop over here to help ease the post Disney blues haha, and am honored to see that I made a mention in your first post!! That’s so awesome, I’m glad you enjoy reading along my adventures!!

Looks like a great start to a trip, jealous that you can get there by noon, having to fly from Calgary just isn’t as fun! Lol. Sounds like an amazing condo, with a great price, how awesome!! Excited to read more!!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 03-04-2013, 06:51 PM   #22
SimplyGoofy
"You are not Mickey Mouse... you are a rat!" "Rat, shmat. Besides, they're tourists. What do they know?"

I'm in! Your trip report title caught my attention... I adore the entire Muppet Vision 3-D pre-show, but that moment with Sam the Eagle is excellent.

I'm looking forward to reading more!

Feb 2012 - A Savanna, A Wizard, and Oodles of Food - AKL/DxDP/WWoHP
Old 03-05-2013, 10:16 AM   #24
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchsGurl View Post
I'm joining in as well - I was intrigued by your TR title!~

Sounds good to me so far - I can't wait to see what else will come of your trip~

And from one Canadian to another, hello, nice to meet you~
Well hello Princess Dayna, so wonderful to meet another fellow Canuck. We're taking over I think. I'm so glad you're here. I actually caught your report on here yesterday but wasn't logged in (being at work) but I will be joining along for sure. I'm still getting used to all the buttons and stuff, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Hi! I figured I should pop over here to help ease the post Disney blues haha, and am honored to see that I made a mention in your first post!! That’s so awesome, I’m glad you enjoy reading along my adventures!!

Looks like a great start to a trip, jealous that you can get there by noon, having to fly from Calgary just isn’t as fun! Lol. Sounds like an amazing condo, with a great price, how awesome!! Excited to read more!!
Ahhh Katt, I'm so happy (and honoured) to have you here. You really did inspire a lot of people on this board.
Yes, we can definitely get there by noon; even earlier in the direct flight season. BTW, I really look forward to seeing you on the Castle Forefront stage one day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyGoofy View Post
I'm in! Your trip report title caught my attention... I adore the entire Muppet Vision 3-D pre-show, but that moment with Sam the Eagle is excellent.

I'm looking forward to reading more!
Hello Jenny, I am so glad to have you on board. I must confess I've been following along on your current trip report before I joined the DIS. Now I can finally subscribe which I will most definitely be doing. I've really enjoyed it so far. Thank you so much for taking a moment to say hi. I really do appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
So not only did you sign up you started a TR...I am definitely along for this one!! Great start
Hi Jacquie AKA Queen. It is such an absolute pleasure to have your royal presence here. You are definitely one I've been following for years (as a non-member of course), and actually one I forgot to mention in my intro (I knew I would do that). Knowing now that you're an original Maritimer makes me like you even more.
Haha, yes, I started a report right away which I hadn't planned at the time of the trip. It should make for an interesting ride.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:27 PM   #25
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

A FANTASMIC DAY AT MGM!
Day 2 – October 9, 2012 Part 1

Welcome dear readers to day 2; which in my mind is really day 1, for it is the first day we actually touch the soil (or asphalt) of the place we all love so much. First though, I want to say a great big heartfelt to everyone for taking time to post or even just read this TR. I cannot express to you how grateful I am and I consider it both an honour and a privilege to have you here.

We were up early and ready to roll. We had some breakfast in the room (a real money and time saver) and pretty soon we were on our way to the first park of the trip… Disney MGM Studios (or Hollywood Studios if you’re being all new school about it).

We arrived at the gates at 8:45am ready for action. Get it?… Action?… Hollywood?… Bueller?... Bueller? I’ll show myself out.

As has become customary and soon to be written into Florida State law, we made our way briskly, yet safely, towards Pixar Place to obtain fast passes for, of course, Journey into Narnia: Prince Caspian. Finding it closed we had to settle for Toy Story. Seriously though, I’ve never actually seen the Journey into Narnia attraction, and I guess I never will as it was gone at this time in preparation for The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow.

Fast passes obtained (Sorry no photo. Just picture any fast pass except this one said Toy Story Midway Mania, and had October 9th on it), we made our way down Sunset. We had an appointment with an enchanted elevator.

Now, this was the one ride K8 recalled explicitly, calling it “the best ride ever”. The last time she was here, Tower of Terror was brand new. Would she still feel that way now?

Well, she got her arms up at least, but I don’t think she’s ever opened her eyes. I love love love the new digital option for ride photos. It’s so much easier not having to carry around a printed photo all day. Just pop it on a photopass card.

I had decided before the trip to get one legit ride photo at each park as a souvenir, except for Epcot since Test Track was in refurb and is the only on-ride available there. It’s too bad Mission Space doesn’t have on-ride photos. Those would be classic! Of course, I would probably spend all day there just looking at the all photos as they appeared, so maybe it’s better they don’t.
I mean seriously; who wouldn't want a keepsake such as this...

We then made the long, albeit short, journey to RNRC to rock out for a bit but mostly to go really really fast.

I don’t remember waiting long at all. Pretty soon we were in our custom stretch limo and listening to a little Sweet Emotion... at 57 mph. I love this ride, but at only 1:22, it’s just way too short. Still heaps of fun though. They really should figure out a way to send you through twice. Problem solved. Experience enhanced!

CONTINUED NEXT POST

Last edited by DisneyKid4Life; 04-07-2013 at 04:31 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:33 PM   #26
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

A FANTASMIC DAY AT MGM!
Day 2 – October 9, 2012 Part 2

After getting sufficiently jiggy with Aerosmith, we made our way back to Pixar Place to use those heavily sought after Toy Story fast passes. I swear these things could be their own currency. “I’ll give you this Toy Story fast pass for your, oh I don’t know… kid”. And 9 times out of 10 you’d walk away with somebody’s kid.

It really is a fun ride. It’s a shame the capacity is so low. You get a pretty good upper body workout too. Frankly, I just really enjoy the energy of it. It’s a great “just be a kid” ride. Neither of us appears to have any photo evidence of the ride itself, so I’ll just say I won handily and move on.

We hadn’t made it to the other side of the park yet so it was time to take a little Star Tour. I am so excited for some more Star Wars representation in the parks in the future. Plus… New Movies!! Sorry I geeked out there for a second. K8 stopped to take a few photos with some famous people who were more than happy to pose with her.

Making use of the newly installed Wi-Fi. Thank you Disney IT.

I had already ridden the new Star Tours on my Disneyland trip 7 months earlier and I really do like it. I honestly think it’s a huge improvement. However, much like the Great Movie Ride and my apparent aversion to the Cowboy/Cowgirl scene (I ALWAYS get the gangster), on Star Tours I somehow always get the Pod Race. And I hated it in the movie. Oh well, maybe next time.

After a quick photo on the racer, we headed over to catch a showing of the inspiration of this trip report’s title, MuppetVision 3D. That line from Sam Eagle cracks me up, Every…Single…Time.
“It's called A Salute to All Nations,*But Mostly America". I’m laughing now.

I was really happy as well to have FINALLY remembered to look under the mat for the key. For the sake of those who have no idea what I’m talking about, at the box office window inside, there hangs a sign that states, “"Back in 5 minutes key is under mat". Well, lift up the mat and there is indeed a key. Disney… Difference!

I really miss Jim Henson. What a genius. I truly believe that he and Walt were kindred spirits. I’ve heard that this is the last project that he worked on, so I hope it never goes away. They can tweak it; just don't close it.

I believe we broke for lunch at the ABC Commissary (which is certainly nothing special, but ya gotta eat) at this point after attempting to see Indiana Jones and finding it standing room only. I’ll try again later thanks. Nothing exciting here, just a refuel, bathroom break, then off to continue our journey (but not to Narnia).

We headed back to catch the next showing of Indiana Jones, which thankfully wasn’t yet standing room only. I think I’ve seen it enough at this point, but I still always enjoy the antics of our often “foreign” extra volunteer. In addition, the boulder didn’t work, which is, you know, kinda the highlight. They reset it and tried it 3 times… Nope, not happenin’. Me thinks it’s time for something new. After all, Disney OWNS Indiana Jones now. Can I get an amen?!

TO BE CONTINUED…

Last edited by DisneyKid4Life; 04-07-2013 at 04:32 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:12 PM   #27
lebeauc
Earning My Ears

Subscribed!

Read both days so far and enjoying it.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:14 AM   #28
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

I am totally in!

How cute are your oldschool Disney pics?? I LOVE IT!

Can't wait to read more!

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
June 2014 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3293489
Old 03-07-2013, 12:07 PM   #29
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Nice update Rob. Just curious, did you buy the ToT picture as a one-off or did you get the Photopass package where you could include ride photos? I've never done that particular Photopass package, so I'm not sure if it includes any and all ride photos.

So, did K8 still think that ToT was the "best ride ever", even though she never opened her eyes?

I agree with you about RnRR...great ride, but too short. They should absolutely let you cruise through the loading area and go around again. That'd be awesome.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:35 PM   #30
BamaGirl
Mouseketeer

Great report! I can't wait for more!!

WDW Commando Member #123

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: