Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2013, 06:14 AM   #166
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Day 4 – October 11, 2012 Part 3 Cont.

After our whirlwind tour of California via Soarin which seemed to last much longer than the normal 5 or so minutes, I snapped a couple of pics on the walk into World Showcase,

Before finally arriving at our first destination… Canada.

Wait a minute. We’re on vacation. FROM Canada. And here we are back again!?

Despite the fact that we were now BACK in the country we just left, in my (admittedly slightly biased) opinion, the Canadian pavilion is GORGEOUS!

Let’s be honest here! The World Showcase is stunning all the way around. Nice job Disney!

The next stop was England.

Since we were in England, why not stop and get a photo with Alice who would be coming out shortly.

It was hysterical that when she did come out. She took off on her handler, running all over the street.
Her handler had to chase after her.

It was too funny, though not at all surprising, because as I’ve previously made clear with the Fab 5, this WAS Alice, not some person playing a role.

Thankfully, the handler was able to coral the little scamp, and usher her over for a quick meet with K8.

While I do love meeting and getting photos with the characters, I was mostly focused this trip with getting those I hadn’t yet had the opportunity to meet and playing photographer for K8 on the ones I had.

Currently there was no Mary Poppins in sight, so we continued on our journey into France.

We didn’t stay too long in France, but would soon return to tick off a couple bucket list items.

CONTINUED NEXT POST
Old 04-20-2013, 06:17 AM   #167
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Day 4 – October 11, 2012 Part 3 Cont.

Next up; Morocco.

Just in time to jump into the line for these two.

Adorable!

We both have a friend in Ottawa (that’s the capital for all you non hosers) who has a daughter named Jasmine.

BTW, it’s tough to find stuff that’s Jasmine only anywhere.

Of course, the movie is called "Aladdin" not "When Aladdin Met Jasmine”, but still.

Anyway, the goal here was to get a pic with the phone so we can email it right away via the lovely new WiFi in parks.
I have to say a great big thanks to Disney on that one yet again.
It’s a Godsend for those of us roamers.

After this, we trotted off to Japan.

Next was USA, which I am supremely embarrassed to say that I have no photos of.
What a bad guest I am! I love you USA!!

Although technically, ALL the photos are USA, so there's that, and I do have many pics from previous trips though, but that’s just no excuse.

Picture-less, we moved on to Italy

Germany

China

And Norway.

It was here that I ticked off my first bucket list item of the day by purchasing…

A School Bread.

I’ve been hearing about this so much on these boards that I just had to try one.

The girl who took my order raved about them to me, calling it the best thing you will ever have… EVER!

The verdict…THEY… R… GOOD!!!!

It’s a little unassuming at first, but once you get to the gooey inside mixed with the coconut, it’s pretty much awesomeness.

So much so, that I had it gone before even thinking about a photo.

DOH!

I know I don’t have a good history when it comes to food pictures, but I honestly regretted not getting one here.

However, due to the generous courtesy and kindness of Kristen aka Disneyfreak616, who thoughtfully gave me permission to use a couple of her photos, here’s a look at this delectable treat.

TO BE CONTINUED…
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2013, 12:10 PM   #168
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Awesome updates for your Epcot day! Your CM Around the World tour should be re-titled: The Ladies of the World with a French dude. Great idea. Myself, I've just stuck with hats around the world and the all too popular bathrooms around the World!

That Alice was out of control! I'm sure glad that the handler was able to get her to re-focus and greet the guests. It is her job, oh wait.. she IS Alice. Definitely!

My DH was interested in meeting Jasmine on our trip last summer... hmmm... I wonder why? He would only say that it was scientific... to see if she had a belly button piercing. Men! Oh wait.. hi there.

I thought I recognized Kristen hand with the school bread. Watch for me to make an appearance in her next DR/TR!

What a nice tribute regarding the bond between Halifax and Boston, thank you for sharing that.

Thanks for sharing your FB and Twitter info... you won't regret daily "pokes" believe me! I sure hope people here know what that is or I could be in trouble.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:24 PM   #169
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

I followed you on Twitter. *creeper!* jk!
Love your CM (mostly) ladies around the world. Great idea!
I always get super nostalgic and home sick in the Canadian pavilion. So, so beautiful. (But I'm not biased either!)
Alice sounds like a hoot, I'd love to meet her in the park.
Aladdin and Jasmin holding hands! That is so cute!
Never had school bread. I don't like coconut though. DH does, I should get him to try it!
Old 04-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #170
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Awesome updates for your Epcot day! Your CM Around the World tour should be re-titled: The Ladies of the World with a French dude. Great idea. Myself, I've just stuck with hats around the world and the all too popular bathrooms around the World!
OMG Brenda, you kill me... "Ladies around the World". Even funnier is that there was a guy in the Norway pic... but I cropped him out.

Quote:
That Alice was out of control! I'm sure glad that the handler was able to get her to re-focus and greet the guests. It is her job, oh wait.. she IS Alice. Definitely!
Alice was sooooo great. She def IS Alice!

Quote:
My DH was interested in meeting Jasmine on our trip last summer... hmmm... I wonder why? He would only say that it was scientific... to see if she had a belly button piercing. Men! Oh wait.. hi there.
Can't lie. Jasmine does have quite the outfit. But I have to agree... the meetings are purely scientific.

Quote:
I thought I recognized Kristen hand with the school bread. Watch for me to make an appearance in her next DR/TR!
Wow, you know you're a Frump fan when you can recognize one from her hand. I'm guessing the nails helped give that away. So nice of her to let me use the pics. I sure do appreciate it.

I saw that you would be making an appearance in her current one. I have a feeling you'll be making an appearance in the NEXT one or 2 as well.

Quote:
What a nice tribute regarding the bond between Halifax and Boston, thank you for sharing that.
Thanks so much. I was a bit apprehensive bringing something so serious into a TR, but Boston has such close ties to us that I just had to share and let everyone know how much we love them.

Quote:
Thanks for sharing your FB and Twitter info... you won't regret daily "pokes" believe me! I sure hope people here know what that is or I could be in trouble.
Bahaha. I haven't been poked in ages...

Thanks so much for being my first DIS facebook friend!!! I was SO excited!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
I followed you on Twitter. *creeper!* jk!
Haha, I saw that and I followed you right back. Now I have a grand total of 4 followers (3 of which I don't have any idea about). I really only created the account for the trip. I'm still more of a Facebook buy (though even it is starting to wear on me a bit). But thank you for following!!!!

Quote:
Love your CM (mostly) ladies around the world. Great idea!
Thanks!! I thought it was a clever idea. The fact that most were female was completely coincidental.

Quote:
I always get super nostalgic and home sick in the Canadian pavilion. So, so beautiful. (But I'm not biased either!)
It really is Wendy. The landscaping is so unique and lovely.

Quote:
Alice sounds like a hoot, I'd love to meet her in the park.
Alice was superb. Watching her come bolting out and tearing around the streets was a sight for sure. I wish I had the presence of mind to film it. It was just so unexpected.

Quote:
Aladdin and Jasmin holding hands! That is so cute!
I really enjoy being there when characters come out.

Quote:
Never had school bread. I don't like coconut though. DH does, I should get him to try it!
Yes, he should for sure try it in, oh look, November. It's pretty popular and fantastically tastly. I found it's just the right amount of sweetness.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:35 PM   #171
SimplyGoofy
"You are not Mickey Mouse... you are a rat!" "Rat, shmat. Besides, they're tourists. What do they know?"

I have so many things to say - I was so behind! (Darn life, getting in the way of my DISing!) Anyhow...

Yay, Epcot! Although I adore many attractions in Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom grew a lot on me during my last trip, I still think Epcot is my favorite. I blame the food.

I'd LOVE to do the Character Spot sometime! I don't know if I could drag Anika into a character-only attraction... bribery may have to be involved!

Yes, the queue for Nemo is CRAZY long. I don't quite understand why, as I've never once seen a line for that attraction!

ANOTHER TRIP TO DISNEY WORLD!!! Since I'm so behind the eight-ball, you now leave in just five days! Have a fantastic time!!!

That's quite a trip on Soarin' - great Disneyland photos!

CM's from around the world... I love it! I've never seen anyone do that before, so I think you're safe to say you invented it.

Mmmmm, school bread. I can't wait to have another one (in just 33 days!).

Feb 2012 - A Savanna, A Wizard, and Oodles of Food - AKL/DxDP/WWoHP
Old 04-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #172
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyGoofy View Post
I have so many things to say - I was so behind! (Darn life, getting in the way of my DISing!) Anyhow...
Great to have you back Jenny! Darn stupid real life...

Quote:
Yay, Epcot! Although I adore many attractions in Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom grew a lot on me during my last trip, I still think Epcot is my favourite. I blame the food.
It's so weird. I used to hate Epcot (well not hate, but it certinly wasn't a favourite), but now I just love it. MK will always hold top spot, but I think Epcot is for sure a close second. I think it is just maybe more relaxing? Less ride hopping and more observing (and eating and drinking).

Quote:
I'd LOVE to do the Character Spot sometime! I don't know if I could drag Anika into a character-only attraction... bribery may have to be involved!
OMG, that's too funny because when I was writing that update I was thinking about you guys and Anika's "aversion' to characters (the creepers), lol. Despite my take on them (that IS Mickey), I still completely get and support her take as well which will def serve her well in the "real world". That said, I'm sure she would make an exception here for her big sis.

Quote:
Yes, the queue for Nemo is CRAZY long. I don't quite understand why, as I've never once seen a line for that attraction!
I know, I don't get it either. Plus it's FREEZING! And I think they're actually adding fastpass!

Quote:
ANOTHER TRIP TO DISNEY WORLD!!! Since I'm so behind the eight-ball, you now leave in just five days! Have a fantastic time!!!
Thanks so much! It was for sure a last minute decision. Sometimes you just need it. I am a bit nervous being alone and lonely, but hopefully it all works out.

Quote:
That's quite a trip on Soarin' - great Disneyland photos!
It was soooo weird. I could have sworn Soarin' only had Disneyland at the very end. I guess they changed it.

Quote:
CM's from around the world... I love it! I've never seen anyone do that before, so I think you're safe to say you invented it.
Yay! I will now say I invented it without reservation!

Quote:
Mmmmm, school bread. I can't wait to have another one (in just 33 days!).
School Bread is so good right!?

And 33 days to go (now 32 I guess). Wow, May is certainly a popular time. Certainly this year anyway! So excited for you!
Old 04-23-2013, 03:42 PM   #173
katt789
DIS Veteran

First off, didn't know that Boston was among the first to respond after the explosion, although I may have just forgotten that haha.

I've added you on facebook and twitter! Super excited to read along on your next adventure!

Glad you guys got back safe from Soarin, that was quite the trip over California! Hahha. Love that Alice was really in character with her shenanigans. I have to admit, as much as I LOVE the way characters are scheduled in WDW, and you can actually get all of them easily, I do love the freedom they have to run around in DLR!

Like the CM's around the world! Tanessa and I were going to attempt that one year but just ended up getting like, two photos with super cute ones baha! Nice WS photos!!

I have to try the school bread again!! It's on my list for next trip, the first time I don't know if I got a stale one or what but my response to it was "Tim Hortan' is better"....Bahah!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 04-24-2013, 12:07 PM   #174
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
First off, didn't know that Boston was among the first to respond after the explosion, although I may have just forgotten that haha.
Yeah, I'm sure you just forgot. Boston definitely made a lifelong friend in our city that day.

Quote:
I've added you on facebook and twitter! Super excited to read along on your next adventure!
Yup, saw both. Thanks so so much for that. Twitter is completely new to me, but I've had facebook for a long time, so that's probably where most updates will go. I just hope the Wifi is working well. So very excited you can follow along.

Quote:
Glad you guys got back safe from Soarin, that was quite the trip over California! Hahha. Love that Alice was really in character with her shenanigans. I have to admit, as much as I LOVE the way characters are scheduled in WDW, and you can actually get all of them easily, I do love the freedom they have to run around in DLR!
Alice was so good I can't even. The best ever I think. She just came tearing out and running and we were both like "Where's she Going!?". It was so good.

I agree with you on DLR. WDW used to be like that back in the day and it was so cool to just randomly come across characters. I understand why they do it the way they do it, but yeah, I do miss the spontaneity. It was just a little more magical.

Quote:
Like the CM's around the world! Tanessa and I were going to attempt that one year but just ended up getting like, two photos with super cute ones baha! Nice WS photos!!
Bahaha, well at least you attempted it. Something to try on another trip. I may even give it another go next week.

Quote:
I have to try the school bread again!! It's on my list for next trip, the first time I don't know if I got a stale one or what but my response to it was "Tim Hortan' is better"....Bahah!
haha, well, we Canadian's are pretty loyal to Tim's. It's totally possible it was a bit stale. For sure worth another try.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:32 PM   #175
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

THE BEACH, THE BOOZE, THE BUCKET LIST, AND THE BIG BANG!
Day 4 – October 11, 2012 Part 4

Hi everyone. This will be the last update for a week or so since I will be IN Disney in 2 days and I am not updating while on vacation (looking at you Katt,).
Again, please feel free to follow along on Twitter and/or Facebook , and I hope you all have a very Magical Day and Week!

After devouring the much loved School Bread, I went into the washroom to wash my School Bread induced sticky hands and unintentionally photo-bombed K8 taking a self pic.

We then took the exciting ride on the high seas known as Maelstrom. This really should be a skippable attraction, but it is sooooo not. It’s just flat out AWESOME!!!

I also was given the extreme honor of carrying the Wait Time Card!

Score!

I’ve done this many times before, and it always makes me ridiculously and insanely excited!
Why is this so cool?

To help determine what number they put on the wait time board is both a privilege and a great responsibility, so I take it very seriously.

I was, for a very short time, a Disney employee... In my head at least.
Give me my Disney name tag!!!!!!

After surviving going back, back, over the falls,

And getting the impossible not to pick the nose troll photo (you know you’ve done it),

We arrived in the last country of the Showcase;

Mexico.

Outside, we saw our buddy, Mexican Donald, so stopped for a quick pic.

The inside of the Mexican pavilion is mind blowing. Seriously, how cool is it inside this thing?

I like to run in and out over and over... It's day... It's night... It's day... It's night.
Disclaimer… This only works if it is day outside.

Once we finished up here, it was time for some more bucket list doings.

So, back to France we went and purchased a couple…

Grey… Goose… SLUSHIES!!

In all my many visits to the World Showcase I had NEVER had a Grey Goose Slushie.

In fact, I had never purchased an alcoholic drink in the Showcase before.
Perhaps it’s due in part to the fact that 2 of these cost more than what I spent on breakfast for the entire trip.
But no matter… this was a bucket list trip!

I know I should be all manly man and order a Jack and Coke, hold the Coke, but Ooohhhhh these are soooooooo goooooood!

The only problem was the heat, which melted things pretty quickly. My fix for that was to drink it quickly!!!

There’s surprisingly a good bit of vodka in them too.

Enough that both of us could feel it a little bit, though the “buzz” didn’t last long.
Neither of us drink that often normally, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t jones-ing for another.

We sat down near the International Gateway and enjoyed every last drop of our beverage before ticking off yet another of my bucket list items.

Seriously, this was a good day to be a bucket list item.

Because, and I am ashamed to admit it, I have never seen Disney’s BoardWalk.

Yes, it’s awful and I should have been banned long ago with all the things I haven’t done.
Of course, all the more reason to continually go back.

I had never seen the Yacht Club, the Beach Club, the Swolphin.

So we headed to the beach... In Walt Disney World.

TO BE CONTINUED…
Old 04-25-2013, 10:39 PM   #176
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Hi Rob! How exciting that you only have 2 more sleeps!!!

For that red queue wait time thingie, I think the fine print says: "Mantengase alejado de las puertas por favor but don't pick up any trolls along the way."

I would never pick the nose of the troll…. Think of the size of those boogers.

Did you happen to notice that Donald has no pants? For these prices they could buy a full outfit for the characters!

Oh goodie! I want to see what you did at the Boardwalk.

Enjoy your trip!

You know.... you could put a TR in the queue to write later after you complete this one just like Kristen (frump) does! Just a thought since your adoring fans are really going to miss out.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:54 AM   #177
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

If I don't get another chance to say it, (because ironically I'm heading to Halifax this weekend!) HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!
YAY Maelstrom!
My DH gets the time card all the time, at least 3-4 times each vacation. He gets equally excited each time too!
Love the pics with Mexican Donald, never got to meet him before.
Totally agree about the pavilion. They really did an amazing job in there, I come outside bewildered by the sun because dangit, I was convinced it was night time in there!

Quote:
Disclaimer… This only works if it is day outside.
Just made me giggle out loud. At work.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:56 AM   #178
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

I totally just sent you a friend request so I can keep up with your adventure.. How exciting.. I am trying to plan a trip for September... Saw on here FD free dining may be in September so trying to make sure its doable

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
June 2014 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3293489
Old 04-26-2013, 04:28 PM   #179
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Rob! How exciting that you only have 2 more sleeps!!!
Hi Brenda!!! Less than 24 hours to go. Unreal.

Quote:
For that red queue wait time thingie, I think the fine print says: "Mantengase alejado de las puertas por favor but don't pick up any trolls along the way."
Awww, but i love trolls.

Quote:
I would never pick the nose of the troll…. Think of the size of those boogers.
Bahaha, you mean to tell me you've NEVER done that or at the very least had someone in your group do it? I think you may be the exception, but I do get what you're sayin'.

Quote:
Did you happen to notice that Donald has no pants? For these prices they could buy a full outfit for the characters!
I know seriously. Donald no pants, Mickey no shirt. In the cartoon form anyway. I guess they ran out of money building things like Rapunzel bathrooms. Of course I'm super excited to see them anyway.

Quote:
Oh goodie! I want to see what you did at the Boardwalk.
Boardwalk in the next update!

Quote:
Enjoy your trip!

You know.... you could put a TR in the queue to write later after you complete this one just like Kristen (frump) does! Just a thought since your adoring fans are really going to miss out.
Thanks you so much Brenda! I'm super glad you'll be following along on my ramblings.

Wow, if I had even a teansy tiny percentage of "fans" that the Frumps do, that would be scary. Of course, I always prefer quality over quantity anyway!

Also, I saw that Disney is doing another 24 hour event on May 24. Looks like they're opening both parks out west, just MK back east. Wow, D-Land is going to be EXTRA crazy this time I think with both parks and it being a Friday.

Quote:
If I don't get another chance to say it, (because ironically I'm heading to Halifax this weekend!) HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!
Aww thank you Wendy!!! I hope you enjoy your trip as well. The weather actually looking really good here in the city for the weekend.

Quote:
YAY Maelstrom!
My DH gets the time card all the time, at least 3-4 times each vacation. He gets equally excited each time too!
Isn't the wait time card the best? It's just so dog gone exciting for what is essentially free labour!!!

Quote:
Love the pics with Mexican Donald, never got to meet him before.
Mexican Donald is pretty much like regular Donald, but different outfits is always fun. I met him once before while I was wearing a Mickey shirt. He was NOT impressed. He made me cover it for the photo.

Quote:
Totally agree about the pavilion. They really did an amazing job in there, I come outside bewildered by the sun because dangit, I was convinced it was night time in there!
I know right!? It's my favourite indoor pavilion just because it's like you walked through a portal.

Quote:
Just made me giggle out loud. At work.
, I love when that happens!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
I totally just sent you a friend request so I can keep up with your adventure.. How exciting.. I am trying to plan a trip for September... Saw on here FD free dining may be in September so trying to make sure its doable
Hi Marcie, yes I definitely got that. Thank You!! I'm so very happy about that.

I was looking at the photos of you and your Mom. Just beautiful. I am so so sorry for your loss, I can't even tell you. But I am very happy to read that you are planning to run tonight in her honour.

I saw the FD as well. I think it's unofficially official, lol. I really hope you are able to put a trip together. Disney truly is medicine for the soul. Stay strong young lady!
Old 04-26-2013, 06:51 PM   #180
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Rob: Ha! Ok, I admit I have stuck my finger in the trolls nose! You know me well!

Yes, I saw that Disney is doing the 24 hour day again.... During Memorial Day weekend. Errr... that is already a busy time so why then? We'll see if it is worth it but at least it is both parks this time. Guaranteed the parks will be at capacity. Em and I will just be back from a trip otherwise I'd take that Friday off work and go early before it gets too crazy.

I wish you all the excitement, fun, and sheer crazy joy for your trip! Pose with lots of characters, have another grey goose slushie and enjoy being on property.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: