Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 10:34 PM   #16
iluvDisneyCruise
If you can dream it, You can do it. ~Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feisty Fairy
Are water shoes allowed on the Aqua Duck?
I believe well secured shoes (not flip flops) are allowed. @ least they let people when we were there. They sometimes change the policy based on any problems they may have had.
iluvDisneyCruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:50 PM   #17
CrawfordMomof2
Mouseketeer

Thanks for asking that! I never would have thought to ask that.
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2013, 06:59 AM   #18
engle
DIS Veteran

I did not wear water shoes on my first trip...never even considered needing them...stepped on a sea urchin on serenity bay! Now I never go in the water without them. I didn't wear them snorkeling and the bottom was much better on the family beach but at serenity....always. And I wear the lands end ones...love me.
engle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:12 AM   #19
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

We have been to CC about 20 times and I never needed or desired water shoes. We always parked ourselves by the beginning of the family beach.

Well, last week we parked ourselves at the very end of the family beach by the bike rentals and went into the water. Well...hubby and I were hopping around like crazy as there was tons of coral pieces on the bottom. Och! We sure wish we had them this time. I think the amount of coral encountered varies due to sea conditions/storms, etc. as well.

I think I will pick up some of those Land Ends water sneakers for our next trip.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 1 time

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:35 AM   #20
lpizzuro123
DIS Veteran

Here is the link to the Lands End Mary Janes. They would be great for a cruise - you could wear them all over the ship, to the pool, to CC, especially if you are going to be doing some walking and bike riding, and also wear them in the water. They are on the expensive side, but I got mine a few years ago at the end of the season for 9.99. Maybe you could find an older style on ebay or depending on when your cruise is at the end of the summer.

http://www.landsend.com/pp/womens-ma...48842_253.html

They also have one that looks more like a sneaker.

http://www.landsend.com/pp/StylePage...27945-_-427944

Linda

lpizzuro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:08 AM   #21
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

I had found the beach at the original family beach to be okay without water shoes. However, when I stayed in the family area near Peligan's Plunge it definitely needed water shoes. I haven't spent much time at Serenity Bay so I can not vouch for that area.
Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

MagicMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #22
momto2js
DIS Veteran

I bought the mary jane's from Lands End a year or so ago because we spend a ton of time in the water at home. I just thought I'd mention, I don't think they are comfortable at all. In fact, I think I have worn them 2X and now they sit. I know shoes are subjective, but I thought I'd let folks know they should try them out before you are commited to them as your only option.
momto2js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:33 PM   #23
lpizzuro123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2js View Post
I bought the mary jane's from Lands End a year or so ago because we spend a ton of time in the water at home. I just thought I'd mention, I don't think they are comfortable at all. In fact, I think I have worn them 2X and now they sit. I know shoes are subjective, but I thought I'd let folks know they should try them out before you are commited to them as your only option.
Sorry to hear your Lands End Mary Janes were not comfortable. I have the oxford style from a few years ago and I really like them. I did purchase them 1/2 size smaller then I usually wear. My local Sears has a full Lands End department so this makes it so easy to try things on before I purchase them. I can also return things there if I do purchase them through the catalog.

And yes, definately try to try things on and wear them prior to your cruise - or heading to WDW. It would be terrible to take something with you that did not fit or was not comfortable and you would just be stuck on your cruise.

Linda

lpizzuro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:46 PM   #24
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpizzuro123 View Post
Sorry to hear your Lands End Mary Janes were not comfortable. I have the oxford style from a few years ago and I really like them. I did purchase them 1/2 size smaller then I usually wear. My local Sears has a full Lands End department so this makes it so easy to try things on before I purchase them. I can also return things there if I do purchase them through the catalog.

And yes, definately try to try things on and wear them prior to your cruise - or heading to WDW. It would be terrible to take something with you that did not fit or was not comfortable and you would just be stuck on your cruise.

Linda
The Paramus Park Sears is where they have the full Land's End Department. It is so convenient to know if I order online I can just return there.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 1 time

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: