Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 10:15 AM   #46
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Love your furbaby!

Yay for arriving!

Jill in CO
Old 03-28-2013, 05:14 PM   #47
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Yay, you've started

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on AoA, we are staying there for three nights in December before moving over to WL

Love the picture of your cat
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 05:23 PM   #48
disnut1149
DIS Veteran

Hi
Can't wait for your reviews!! Have a great time!!
1972 Offsite, 1978 Offsite, 1980 Dutch Inn, 1989 Comfort Inn, 1990 CBR, 1993 Peabody, 1996 AllStar Sports, 1997 Dixie Landings, 2000 Holiday Inn Family Suites, 2001 Marriott World Center, 2004 Pop Century, 2005 Pop Century, 2006 Pop Century Aug & Dec, 2007 Pop Century Aug & CSR Dec., 2008 WL & POFQ Aug. & AS Sports Dec., 2009 Pop Aug., Pop Oct & CBR Dec., 2010 POR Sept & CBR Oct., 2011 CSR May & Pop & Akl
Nov., 2014 CSR Sept.
disnut1149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:49 PM   #49
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Saturday morning we didn’t quite make it up and out of the room as early as we had wanted. We did eventually make it to EPCOT.

I really enjoyed the Flower & Garden topiaries.

We did get to ride the new Test Track in the single rider line. I really liked the new version.

After switching our APs to the RFID version, we headed over to the World Showcase. I wanted to do the Limited Time Magic Egg Hunt. It was really quite fun.

Before lunch we stopped to get a quick snack at the Cottage –

We tried the Brie and Kumquat and the salmon on the cheddar biscuit. Loved the Brie and hated the salmon. It was very fishy.

Soon it was time for lunch at

First the menu …

We both had iced teas

I snapped a couple of pics of the table below us … Andrew was less than happy with me but no one knew I did it …

The Cheese Plate …

And Fish & Chips….

On to our meal … Andrew had the Scotch Egg - Golden-fried Hard-boiled Egg wrapped in Sausage Meat with Mustard Sauce $9.49

I had the Soup which was Potato Leek …

The Scotch egg is something one of us gets every trip. It was just as good as we remembered. It is definitely not something that can be eaten often, but once in a while it is a nice treat! And the soup …OMG! It was just the best soup. Nice and creamy, well seasoned. May be my new favorite Disney soup.

For our entrée we decided to share two things … the English Breakfast Burger - Angus beef patty with applewood smoked bacon, cheddar, fried egg and house-made HP sauce $13.99

Corned Beef Sandwich - warm corned beef on toasted sunflower bread with cheddar, cabbage, and horseradish served with House-made crisps $12.49

The burger was absolutely delicious. The egg was just runny enough. The bacon, thick and smokey. Really the perfect combination of flavors. The corned beef was not as good. The ‘stuff’ and the bread were very good but the corned beef had no real flavor. We both decided it tasted more like bologna than corned beef. But the chips, those were really good. Super crunchy, nice and salty.

For dessert we both had the Sticky Toffee Pudding

Heaven in a bowl! Love the custard, the cake is nice and moist. Even though we were pretty fully, we both finished every drop!

We have eaten at R&C most trips and we both decided that this is probably our favorite spot for lunch. Service can be a bit slow, but we aren’t usually in a rush. I love to sit outside on the lagoon and just soak in being at Disney. And overall, the food is decent. The corned beef was definitely an exception as most of our other meals have been really good. This is definitely a place we plan to return to in August.

Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Take on the Land! - July 2010 Trip Report
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:00 PM   #50
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Love your furbaby!

Yay for arriving!

Jill in CO
Thanks! Here's one with this face ...

He is definitely mine and acts more like a dog than any cat I have ever had!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Yay, you've started

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on AoA, we are staying there for three nights in December before moving over to WL

Love the picture of your cat
Thanks! We really liked AoA. It is shiny and new! The theming is just terrific. We had two meals in the food court and enjoyed both. We didn't use any of the pools. All of the CMs we encountered were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay there again. I really love POP though so it would be a toss up for me. I really hope to never stay at the AllStars again!

Barb mentioned your December trip. I would love to get down there with everyone but I just don't know that I will be able to pull it off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnut1149 View Post
Hi
Can't wait for your reviews!! Have a great time!!
Welcome!

Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
Old 03-28-2013, 06:17 PM   #51
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Your cat is super cute!!!

Great first update. That sticky toffee pudding looks soooo good!! Is the stuff that cake is on the "pudding"??

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:13 PM   #52
SnwflkCts
I wanna go back ... when can I go back???

I am enjoying your report. Your son certainly has grown! I loved the pics of your kitty - Maine Coon Cats are very dog-like - my boss has two. (I have three cats and they are all different). Good luck on the job front - I feel for you!

I liked the pics from Rose and Crown. Good pic of the scotch egg ... but I am now craving fish and chips.
DH, me, DCats: Maddie (12), Peanut Butter (12), Jelly Bean (7), Snowflake RIP 1/2010@19 yrs & Baby Button@2 yrs in 11/2011 - Feb 06 Poly; Nov 06 Poly (21st Wedding Ann.); Feb 09 Poly; Feb 10 Poly Second Dining Report 2/07/2010 thru 2/12/2010
SnwflkCts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:44 PM   #53
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

We've never eaten there but I definitely see things on the menu that look good! Too bad your corned beef wasn't great. At least the chips were good.

When you exchanged your old APs for the RFID version did they give you a card like the KTTW card? We were there earlier in the month when they were still having us use our old APs. Next trip they may make us exchange them...Not sure how that works since we still have to use them for Disneyland too.

Great start!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:27 PM   #54
Linda67

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post

Thanks! We really liked AoA. It is shiny and new! The theming is just terrific. We had two meals in the food court and enjoyed both. We didn't use any of the pools. All of the CMs we encountered were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay there again. I really love POP though so it would be a toss up for me. I really hope to never stay at the AllStars again!

Barb mentioned your December trip. I would love to get down there with everyone but I just don't know that I will be able to pull it off!
Thanks for the AoA review
It would be great if you were heading down in December, I have a feeling that there are going to be quite a few dining board regulars down there
I have visions of a dining board dis meet dinner with 10 cameras all pointing at our plates
Old 03-29-2013, 04:47 PM   #55
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Your cat is super cute!!!

Great first update. That sticky toffee pudding looks soooo good!! Is the stuff that cake is on the "pudding"??
The stuff is more of a custard. It was really, really good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnwflkCts View Post
I am enjoying your report. Your son certainly has grown! I loved the pics of your kitty - Maine Coon Cats are very dog-like - my boss has two. (I have three cats and they are all different). Good luck on the job front - I feel for you!

I liked the pics from Rose and Crown. Good pic of the scotch egg ... but I am now craving fish and chips.
Yes, he has grown way too fast! Thank you for the luck on the job front!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
We've never eaten there but I definitely see things on the menu that look good! Too bad your corned beef wasn't great. At least the chips were good.

When you exchanged your old APs for the RFID version did they give you a card like the KTTW card? We were there earlier in the month when they were still having us use our old APs. Next trip they may make us exchange them...Not sure how that works since we still have to use them for Disneyland too.

Great start!
Yes, our new APs are just like the Key to the World cards. They are green with a character on them. Of course Andrew has Goofy. I got Mickey. No idea how they are handling your type of passes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Thanks for the AoA review
It would be great if you were heading down in December, I have a feeling that there are going to be quite a few dining board regulars down there
I have visions of a dining board dis meet dinner with 10 cameras all pointing at our plates
I would love to be there in December. Will need to get all of the specifics on dates, etc. Would love a pic of all the Disers taking pics of their food!

Old 03-29-2013, 05:42 PM   #56
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

We spent the afternoon finishing the egg hunt and checking out the topiaries. We actually did not have any snacks!

We did watch a couple of Off Kilter sets …

I really enjoy listening to them. Andrew not as much but he indulged me.

We checked in to our dinner at Chefs de France a bit early …

Again we both had iced teas …

And the crunchy French bread with the nice cold butter …

Andrew started with the French Onion Soup …

It was delicious as always. Nice, beefy well seasoned broth.

I decided to try the Assiette Campagnarde - rustic assortment of French pates, and charcuteries $13.99

I didn’t love the pates but the meats were good. Nice and salty.

While waiting for our entrée, Remy paid us a visit!

For his entrée, Andrew had the Plat de cotes de boeuf au Cabarnet avec pates - Beef short ribs braised in Cabernet with pasta, pearl onions and mushrooms

This is one of his favorite WDW dishes and this did not disappoint. I did not try it but he said the beef was tender and not real fatty. Pasta was nicely cooked, not to mushy.

I decided on Filet de boeuf grille, sauce au poivre vert Gratin Dauphinois et haricots verts - Grilled tenderloin of beef with green peppercorn sauce original potato gratin of Savoy and green beans $34.99

This was truly delicious. The meat was perfectly medium. The sauce nicely seasoned. But the potatoes! OMG were they good. Nice and cheesy. Probably the best au gratin potatoes I have ever had. I could happily go back and order a whole plate of just those potatoes.

We were too full for dessert …

All in all an excellent meal. We had a couple of iffy meals at Chefs but the past few trips we have really enjoyed it here. Service was excellent. Remy is worth the visit alone. We were very happy with our choice.

Watched a bit of the British Revolution before leaving EPCOT ahead of the Illuminations crowd …

Since we didn’t have dessert, we stopped at Landscape of Flavors for these ….

The mini cupcakes were chocolate, vanilla, red velvet and carrot and all very good. Nice and moist. Just enough frosting. A great snack. The other was a gooey brownie with all that stuff on top. I didn’t try it but Andrew loved it.

All in all a great first day!

Old 03-29-2013, 08:48 PM   #57
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Seeing them a second time I have to say that those mini cupcakes look like such a great treat! I love that you can get a variety so you can sample a little of each flavor.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:20 PM   #58
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Love the reviews so far! We haven't tried Rose and Crown (yet) but we should add it to our list since it always gets good reviews.

I had the short ribs at les chefs last year and I was disappointed. I can't put my finger on why but I think it might be that I didn't like them over pasta. Dh ordered the steak and it was very good.

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
basketlacey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:42 AM   #59
Linda67

Mini cupcake selection - that right there is a good reason to stay at AoA!
Great review of Chefs
I didn't realise that Remy was at dinner, I thought it was just lunch
Old 03-30-2013, 09:20 AM   #60
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
Thanks! Here's one with this face ...

He is definitely mine and acts more like a dog than any cat I have ever had!
A friend of mine had the same breed of cat and I think it is that breed that acts like a dog. He was the cutest kitty ever. When I would take care of him when they were out of town, he would follow me around like a dog and sniff me. It was so cute and he was such a friendly guy. He passed away of old age last year.

Your Catdog is such a pretty furbaby.

I am also following along with your dining review. Love the AoA pics. We really enjoy Rose and Crown it is one of our favorites.

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: