Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 08:08 AM   #1
zippingalong
Mouseketeer

Concierge booking cabana?

We will be sailing the Fantasy, concierge level, for my birthday this year.
A big "MUST" for my trip will be lounging in a cabana on CC.

I am paying in full early and know that's a requirement for shoreside concierge. I had still planned on being online at midnight to book my cabana. I don't want to risk missing one.

But, I've been told that shoreside will do it and not worry. But, what happens if all the cabanas are booked up at midnight and concierge gets in at 0930? I'm guessing I'm screwed?

When booked concierge, do you book a cabana yourself, or leave it to shoreside?
zippingalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:24 AM   #2
FJS961
DIS Veteran

You should not have a problem getting a cabana.

Pay in full before the 120 day mark, contact the shoreside team and let them know what you want. To reassure yourself, be up at midnight on the appropriate day and personally secure your cabana. I did that once.

In one instance, we were on the Magic for a Western and during that cruise, the booking window opened up for our summer 2011 Dream double dip cruise. The shoreside team secured cabanas for us on both castaway days, no problem.
FJS961 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2013, 08:26 AM   #3
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippingalong View Post
We will be sailing the Fantasy, concierge level, for my birthday this year.
A big "MUST" for my trip will be lounging in a cabana on CC.

I am paying in full early and know that's a requirement for shoreside concierge. I had still planned on being online at midnight to book my cabana. I don't want to risk missing one.

But, I've been told that shoreside will do it and not worry. But, what happens if all the cabanas are booked up at midnight and concierge gets in at 0930? I'm guessing I'm screwed?

When booked concierge, do you book a cabana yourself, or leave it to shoreside?
If you really want one book it yourself. The shore side concierge will advise you to book it yourself. The Concierge team cannot book it until the next morning and they could all be gone by that time. One Family beach Cabana and one Adult Beach Cabana are held back for concierge but there is no guarantee you will get that one.
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014 ~ Grand Californian CL 2014
kaseyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:58 AM   #4
disneywonderfun
DIS Veteran

I would really, really encourage you to be up at midnight and reserve it yourself. On our cruise for May, they were down to only a couple cabanas after about 5 minutes after midnight. By 12:30, they were all gone. Yes, the concierge will
likely hold a couple for concierge guests upon boarding, but why risk it?

DWF
disneywonderfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #5
texasgirl73
Obsessive Trip Planner

I booked mine at midnight (actually I was a few minutes late and I was stressing, my tummy was tossing ) and there were just a few left. By morning there was one family cabana and one serenity bay cabana (which were booked in a day or two after that) but all it would have taken was 2 more people being interested for them to all be gone by morning. I say book them yourself unless you have some huge reason you need to get sleep that night (you're preforming brain surgery, have a final exam, getting married, etc....)
Old 03-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #6
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseyC View Post
If you really want one book it yourself. The shore side concierge will advise you to book it yourself. The Concierge team cannot book it until the next morning and they could all be gone by that time. One Family beach Cabana and one Adult Beach Cabana are held back for concierge but there is no guarantee you will get that one.
Yes they will. The cabanas have become very popular. They are one of my top 3 reasons to book concierge.
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #7
KarenMP59
DVC Member

Definitely do it yourself. We are concierge in April. I called shoreside to book a cabana and they were gone. They told me they are often gone before they come to work on the morning of your 120 days out. We loved our cabana last year (we got luckily I guess) and are really bummed we couldn't get one next month (first world problem lol).

Wonder 7 Day Land/Sea February 2001Wonder 7 Day Land/Sea April 2004Wonder 7 Day Land/Sea April 2005Wonder 7 Day Land/Sea April 2009Fantasy Eastern Caribbean May 2012Fantasy Eastern Caribbean April 2013Fantasy Western Caribbean March 2014Wonder Alaska September 2014Fantasy Eastern Caribbean February 2015

DVC 1997
Too many visits to WDW to count
KarenMP59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:22 PM   #8
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenMP59 View Post
Definitely do it yourself. We are concierge in April. I called shoreside to book a cabana and they were gone. They told me they are often gone before they come to work on the morning of your 120 days out. We loved our cabana last year (we got luckily I guess) and are really bummed we couldn't get one next month (first world problem lol).
I know April is different than Feb, but FWIW the cabanas showed as totally sold out for our cruise (though a lot later than I expected), but concierge had cabanas to rent when we were on board. I don't know if they held some back or if people cancelled, all I know is that they weren't sold out by the time we boarded. So get on board EARLY and see if there are any available.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #9
zippingalong
Mouseketeer

Thanks all. I will definitely book myself at midnight. I "have to have" a cabana on that trip and will be sorely disappointed if I miss out.

Plus, I doubt I'd sleep well anyway, knowing the cabanas were posted and I still had to wait until morning.
zippingalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:39 PM   #10
FJS961
DIS Veteran

Better to not take any chances.

I believe they are holding back more than just 1 family cabana for later assignment.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:25 PM   #11
ededmd
Mouseketeer

Remember that you are "competing" at midnight against other concierge and platinum cruisers too for the cabanas.
For our upcoming spring break cruise, the family beach cabanas were all gone by 2 minutes after midnight. Despite being online and confirming at midnight, we did not get one.
If you really want one, stay up and have quick reflexes and hope there are not a lot of others interested.
ededmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:31 PM   #12
scrapbookjulie
Mouseketeer

Also, when booking at midnight, don't make the mistake I made...I selected cabana 5, then I took just a few seconds to check the details and read the info before hitting confirm. By the time I did that, I got a message showing that cabana 5 was no longer available. I quickly exited and grabbed the last cabana available #7. I learned from my mistake and just hit confirm immediately and was able to secure that cabana before it too disappeared before my eyes. So just pick a cabana and immediately hit confirm!
scrapbookjulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:09 PM   #13
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbookjulie View Post
Also, when booking at midnight, don't make the mistake I made...I selected cabana 5, then I took just a few seconds to check the details and read the info before hitting confirm. By the time I did that, I got a message showing that cabana 5 was no longer available. I quickly exited and grabbed the last cabana available #7. I learned from my mistake and just hit confirm immediately and was able to secure that cabana before it too disappeared before my eyes. So just pick a cabana and immediately hit confirm!
I lost two cabanas, although I attempted to confirm immediately. At least I booked my third choice.
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:16 PM   #14
FJS961
DIS Veteran

Wow - I wonder if it depends on the particular cruise?

When I logged on just after midnight for mine, it looked like most were available. Lucky.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:59 PM   #15
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJS961 View Post
Wow - I wonder if it depends on the particular cruise?

When I logged on just after midnight for mine, it looked like most were available. Lucky.
It definitely does. Every single cabana was taken within a few minutes at the 120 day mark for the WBPC this year. No one has cancelled as far as we can tell.
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: