Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 07:30 PM   #16
Nancy for Disney
DIS Veteran

I am planning a trip to Universal - No Disney . I have been checking out TripAdvisor for reviews. Here is a link to my PTR for a list of what I have found:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3070292&page=2

Oh, wait...I will just copy and paste the list.

Mannys Chop House
Wildside BBQ & Grill
Cafe Tu Tu Tango
Bubbalou's Bodacious Bar B Que
Atlantic Cove Seafood & Steak
Pearl's
Orlando Ale House
Seasons 52
Deep Blu Seafood Grille
Sweet Tomatoes
NYPD Pizza Lake Cay (It appears to be just around the corner from our condo)
Delmonico's Italian Steakhouse

I am most looking forward to Cafe Tu Tu Tango. It looks entertaining AND has something for everyone in my picky eater crew.

1973 WDW - 1983 WDW- 1989 Disneyland -2000 Disneyland - 2008 My Family's First Trip to WDW
2009 (Dec) No Kids Trip to Disney: TR LINK http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2330724

Nancy for Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:11 PM   #17
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)

Here's a link to a thread entitled "Best Offsite Restaurants"

Our personal favorite is Columbia in Celebration. It's a small Florida chain of old-style Spanish (not Cuban) cuisine from the historic Ybor City area of Tampa. Try their legendary 1905 Salad for starters.

Columbia is a must-do on every WDW trip. In fact, it's becoming a must-do on just about any trip to Central Florida. My daughter is a figure skater and on our trip to Ellenton last year, we took a group of friends on an hour drive down to St. Armands Circle on Longboat Key for a dinner at Columbia. We're skating at the Florida Open in a couple of weeks in Maitland (NE of Orlando) and we're driving all the way down to Celebration for Columbia.

There are many good restaurants in Celebration -- here's a link

Incidentally, if you haven't ever tried Kilwins ice cream, do yourself a favor next time you're in Celebration!

We also second the suggestions of Bonefish Grill and Seasons 52 -- both wonderful upscale restaurants.
JimMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 03:36 PM   #18
Disnee4Me
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know a good and clean Chinese Restaurant in the Kissimme area? We love Chinese food, but it's not easy finding a place to eat. I have eaten at PFChang and was not impressed. Thanks
Disnee4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:05 PM   #19
princess aleya
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnn12 View Post
we found Giordano's last time we were in fl (off of 192 about five mins from world drive) they have great pizza(i dont like chicago style pizza but this was great plus everything else we have tried is good) they also have coupons on restaurant.com
I have to agree with you on this one, we tried Giordano's on our last trip and fell in love with it. Can't wait to return to have some more of that delicious pizza.

princess aleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:55 AM   #20
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disnee4Me
Does anyone know a good and clean Chinese Restaurant in the Kissimme area? We love Chinese food, but it's not easy finding a place to eat. I have eaten at PFChang and was not impressed. Thanks
My DD lives in Clermont and she hasn't been able to find a good Chinese restaurant in the Clermont/Kissimmee area. She stocks up on frozen PF Changs and when she comes back home to visit, Chinese food is her first choice!
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:15 AM   #21
royaltybuff
Earning My Ears

Cuba Libre (technically a chain, because they have locations in Philadelphia and Atlantic City, but it's upscale Cuban and delicious. The guava ribs are my recommendation).

Seasons 52 (a Darden chain, but it's very good)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy for Disney View Post
I am planning a trip to Universal - No Disney . I have been checking out TripAdvisor for reviews. Here is a link to my PTR for a list of what I have found:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3070292&page=2

Oh, wait...I will just copy and paste the list.

Mannys Chop House
Wildside BBQ & Grill
Cafe Tu Tu Tango
Bubbalou's Bodacious Bar B Que
Atlantic Cove Seafood & Steak
Pearl's
Orlando Ale House
Seasons 52
Deep Blu Seafood Grille
Sweet Tomatoes
NYPD Pizza Lake Cay (It appears to be just around the corner from our condo)
Delmonico's Italian Steakhouse

I am most looking forward to Cafe Tu Tu Tango. It looks entertaining AND has something for everyone in my picky eater crew.
royaltybuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:10 PM   #22
Nancy for Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disnee4Me View Post
I can't say if it is good or not but Pearl's which is on my list is a Chinese Restaurant. If I recall correctly it is on International Drive. It has fair reviews.

1973 WDW - 1983 WDW- 1989 Disneyland -2000 Disneyland - 2008 My Family's First Trip to WDW
2009 (Dec) No Kids Trip to Disney: TR LINK http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2330724

Nancy for Disney is offline   Reply With Quote