Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-05-2013, 08:45 PM   #91
Kebby
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 192

hi everyone!

BOG and Ohana are gone- so sorry! I still have not cancelled CRT on Sept 20, and won't be until tomorrow.
Kebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:20 AM   #92
hannaho24
Earning My Ears
 
hannaho24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 59

have you canceled crt yet? I'm going to.try to grab that one!
hannaho24 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-06-2013, 12:51 PM   #93
4dclark
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 45

I am going to punch my computer and moreso...the Disney site!! I FINALLY got BOG for the date I needed...it asked me to log in (why as I am always logged in) and then BOOM...server down!

Now I am able to get back in and the spot is gone!!!

Maddening!!!
4dclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:01 PM   #94
BattyKoda
Mouseketeer
 
BattyKoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Maine
Posts: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dclark View Post
I am going to punch my computer and moreso...the Disney site!! I FINALLY got BOG for the date I needed...it asked me to log in (why as I am always logged in) and then BOOM...server down!

Now I am able to get back in and the spot is gone!!!

Maddening!!!
This exact issue happened to me last night.
__________________


BattyKoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:08 PM   #95
Stinkerbell's Mommy
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Valley of the Sun
Posts: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattyKoda View Post
This exact issue happened to me last night.
And me yesterday. I'm still irritated a full day later.
__________________
Stinkerbell's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:29 PM   #96
VandyZ
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 10

From what i have experienced I have a theory on what is going on.

For any given reservation time, it will have a corresponding availability count.

So for a recently cancelled reservation, it will have a time and a count of 1 available. Alternatively for 180 days out it may have a time and say (for arguments sake) 15 available.

At any one time multiple people can see the the available time but not the available reservation count. So if 10 people click the time and go through the multiple steps to book the reservation, the first person done is successful while the rest of the users get the try again later or server busy messages. If there are more than one available then its just a race between users.

Disney does not seem to have a hold or time limit to process the rest of the transaction like say ticketmaster has. They also dont seem to have appropriate error handling or at least more descriptive messages for when users get shut out. I am sure people would rather see, "Reservation is no longer available" instead of what it says now.

I think the key to making the reservations online is to know all the steps and not get hung up on the adding guests and accepting the terms and conditions. It also helps to have your CC info stored on in the system and making sure you are logged in every time.
VandyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #97
Barbara C
Mouseketeer
 
Barbara C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 303

That is so frustrating. I wonder why it only seems to happen when people are making BOG reservations?!?
__________________
dh me ds (9) dd (9) ds (8)
Barbara C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:42 PM   #98
VandyZ
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara C View Post
That is so frustrating. I wonder why it only seems to happen when people are making BOG reservations?!?
Well i can tell you I have had it happen on other Restaurants. I think its more visible with BOG because it is so popular right now.

I only seems to happen on early morning 180 days out reservations and on cancelled ones. Those are when everyone is fighting over availability.

I have not had any problems with the system when booking a less popular restaurant in the middle of the day.

It comes down to user traffic. I hate HATE HATE ticketmaster, but they sure have a good model on how to manage the traffic and distribution.

I think Disney needs to add an extra layer or two on their reservation system to get it right.
VandyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:53 PM   #99
jimsanfilippo
Mouseketeer
 
jimsanfilippo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 253

09/16 Chef Mickey's 11:30am

I am in the process of cancelling Chef Mickey's "breakfast" at 11:30am on 09/16.
__________________
2014 Animal Kingdom Villas, 2013 Pop Century Resort, 2012 Orbit One Villas/Comfort Suites Maingate East, 2012 (Disneyland) HoJo Plaza Hotel Anaheim, 2012 Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, 2012 Bay Lake Towers, 2011 (Disneyland) Grand Californian Villas, 2011 Windsor Hills Resort, 2010 (Disneyland) Peacock Suites, 2010 The Palms Hotels & Villas, 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas, 2009 Liki Tiki Village, 2008 Magical Memories Villas, 2006 Coronado Springs/Comfort Suites Maingate East, 2006 Comfort Suites Maingate East, 2005 Wilderness Lodge, 2004 Universal Studios Area Hotel, 2003 Wilderness Lodge, 1997 Wilderness Lodge/Niki Bird, 1991 Small cheap motel, 1990 Small cheap motel, 1981 Orlando Area Campground
jimsanfilippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:00 PM   #100
Mom2Stitch
Mouseketeer
 
Mom2Stitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Too far from the Mouse!!
Posts: 334

Dumb question

When everyone is searching for the elusive BOG are you putting in Dinner or a specific time. The reason I ask is that I always use the Dinner option, but when it returns the sorry 'bout your luck notice it says no availibility between 5pm-10pm, well don't they open for dinner at 4? What about that hour-should I be looking then also?

You would think that a company that can make magic like nobody's business could figure out an online system that works correctly

I keep telling myself that it's ok if I don't get to eat dinner there-I can have lunch and still see the inside. But it's like a personal quest to get it now-darn my obsession

Best of luck to all in getting the ADR of your dreams
__________________


2001 ASMo, 2002 POR, 2003-2008 Poly, 2009 POFQ, 2010 Poly, 2011 CSR, 2012 CSR,2013 CSR
Mom2Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #101
4dclark
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Stitch View Post
When everyone is searching for the elusive BOG are you putting in Dinner or a specific time. The reason I ask is that I always use the Dinner option, but when it returns the sorry 'bout your luck notice it says no availibility between 5pm-10pm, well don't they open for dinner at 4? What about that hour-should I be looking then also? :
I have thought the same thing...I keep using the Dinner option. Seems easier and covers all times as much as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Stitch View Post
You would think that a company that can make magic like nobody's business could figure out an online system that works correctly :
I have wondered that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Stitch View Post
I keep telling myself that it's ok if I don't get to eat dinner there-I can have lunch and still see the inside. But it's like a personal quest to get it now-darn my obsession :
It is the totally that for me now...I am obsessed with getting an ADR now!
4dclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #102
Barbara C
Mouseketeer
 
Barbara C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 303

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandyZ View Post
Well i can tell you I have had it happen on other Restaurants. I think its more visible with BOG because it is so popular right now.

I only seems to happen on early morning 180 days out reservations and on cancelled ones. Those are when everyone is fighting over availability.

I have not had any problems with the system when booking a less popular restaurant in the middle of the day.

It comes down to user traffic. I hate HATE HATE ticketmaster, but they sure have a good model on how to manage the traffic and distribution.

I think Disney needs to add an extra layer or two on their reservation system to get it right.
I hadn't read your e-mail before I sent mine but now that I have what you're saying makes perfect sense.

I know this ADR system is an "upgrade" since our last trip but I really don't see a difference and it doesn't seem any faster. You are right, they really should take a lesson from tickemaster!
__________________
dh me ds (9) dd (9) ds (8)
Barbara C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:17 PM   #103
Barbara C
Mouseketeer
 
Barbara C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Stitch View Post
When everyone is searching for the elusive BOG are you putting in Dinner or a specific time. The reason I ask is that I always use the Dinner option, but when it returns the sorry 'bout your luck notice it says no availibility between 5pm-10pm, well don't they open for dinner at 4? What about that hour-should I be looking then also?

You would think that a company that can make magic like nobody's business could figure out an online system that works correctly

I keep telling myself that it's ok if I don't get to eat dinner there-I can have lunch and still see the inside. But it's like a personal quest to get it now-darn my obsession

Best of luck to all in getting the ADR of your dreams
I've been checking both "Dinner" and 4pm for every day of our trip. We are currently a party of 5 so I've been checking for that AND I've rounded up and down (not sure if dh will be there) so for every day of the trip I'm checking SIX different options at least 8 times a day. Yes, I am obsessed....
__________________
dh me ds (9) dd (9) ds (8)
Barbara C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:46 PM   #104
mtnat
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 54

What I don't understand is why I am able make ADR's for all restaurants from my desktop computer, but when trying to make them from my iPhone or iPad, some give me a message to call while others let me make them from my phone. By the time I call, someone else has snagged the ressie.
mtnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:55 PM   #105
Disneyaddictz
Mouseketeer
 
Disneyaddictz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 436

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnat View Post
What I don't understand is why I am able make ADR's for all restaurants from my desktop computer, but when trying to make them from my iPhone or iPad, some give me a message to call while others let me make them from my phone. By the time I call, someone else has snagged the ressie.
Unfortunately I think you can only reserve through the site not the app... I don't quite get it though
__________________
<a href="http://distickers.com/ticker/"><img src="http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/95a64agsr0qdg9x5.png" alt="DIStickers.com Ticker" border="0"/></a>
Disneyaddictz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: