Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2013, 04:55 PM   #1
TeresaMRoberts
I'm Going to Disney World!

After closing ADRs?

I booked our Disney vacation this year late 156 days out and made dinning reservations right away but the one I couldn't get was BOG dinner. I've been watching like crazy and checking everyday. Oh my goodness today bam! An 8:15pm reservation in Januaray became available. I snagged it right away called my mom in excitement. My mom, my DD and I all will be celebrating our birthdays there and BOG opened up like a month after our first trip and we really wanted to eat there and try the "grey stuff" lol. My mom was like wow 8:15 is kinda late how late is the park open. Well after checking it is suppose to close at 8? I'm confused. Is this a mistake? If it is open is there a chance Beast wont be there? Thoughts?
TeresaMRoberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:15 PM   #2
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaMRoberts View Post
I booked our Disney vacation this year late 156 days out and made dinning reservations right away but the one I couldn't get was BOG dinner. I've been watching like crazy and checking everyday. Oh my goodness today bam! An 8:15pm reservation in Januaray became available. I snagged it right away called my mom in excitement. My mom, my DD and I all will be celebrating our birthdays there and BOG opened up like a month after our first trip and we really wanted to eat there and try the "grey stuff" lol. My mom was like wow 8:15 is kinda late how late is the park open. Well after checking it is suppose to close at 8? I'm confused. Is this a mistake? If it is open is there a chance Beast wont be there? Thoughts?
My real answer is "I have no idea" but in a chance to offer hope.......
I looked up the hours on this website (it was the first in the google search) and if you notice the park closes say on the 13th at 8pm but the Wishes Fireworks start at 8pm. So maybe the deal is that they opened up the reservation for 8:15 because the fire works will be going and then by the time the park empties you will be done eating and also leave.

I would keep that reservation guarded and don't cancel it.
Try calling the dining number and question them.
Don't give up hope yet!

The other thing I noticed on some things is they list regular park hours but then some nights are extra magic that you add two hours if you are a resort guest. And I would assume if you are not a resort guest then when you get out of the ADR they will not let you on rides and ask you to leave the park.

Ok that is my guess answer.

Of course the true answer is there was a glitch in the system but Disney is way too magical to get you excited and then tell you tough luck.
That's my opinion anyway. LOL

Good luck!!!!

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)
RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2013, 06:16 PM   #3
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OH and one more thing I would do, be at that podium before 8pm. You might be able to get seated earlier. I'd even consider checking in earlier in the evening and questioning if they have earlier seating.
Again just my thinking.

2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
Old 09-19-2013, 09:45 AM   #4
Cumbley
Mouseketeer

http://media.disneywebcontent.com/St...lendar_Jan.pdf

I noticed that there were some alterations to January hours - I think that's why more BOG reservations are available.

Cumbley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:19 AM   #5
TeresaMRoberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumbley View Post

I noticed that there were some alterations to January hours - I think that's why more BOG reservations are available.
That's extremely helpful!! We are going on the 9th and it shows the park doesn't close till 9 now!! That makes sense they just haven't changed hours in my disney experience yet. Thank u!!!
Old 09-19-2013, 10:53 AM   #6
Cumbley
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaMRoberts

That's extremely helpful!! We are going on the 9th and it shows the park doesn't close till 9 now!! That makes sense they just haven't changed hours in my disney experience yet. Thank u!!!
I found the same thing! Got a ressie for 8.15 on 6th then panicked that the park shut at 8! Good to see that there are some later nights when we are there too!

Cumbley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:27 AM   #7
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Dah on me! that is the website I was mentioning and never posted the link.
But that makes sense.

Good for you that you go the reservation! Enjoy!

Old 09-27-2013, 12:56 PM   #8
kroseycorn
Earning My Ears

I just made a reservation at BOG on January 31st. Wishes/Park Closure at 8:00P, but our reservation is at 9:20!!! NINE-TWENTY! Thats almost an hour and 20 min after the park closes?

Seems crazy to me, but I've got the email to prove it. Maybe they're just still moving park hours around... but even if it's moved to 9p, it's still going to be late. Anybody have a rez that late after close??
WDW '85 Offsite WDW '93 Offsite - (then the Renaissance begins!) WDW '10 Port Orleans Resort - WDW '12 AK Lodge - Disney Fantasy East Caribbean '12 (in Hurricane Sandy!) - WDW Swan & Dolphin May '13 -Disneyland Paris Nov '13 - WDW Bay Lake Tower & Boardwalk Feb '14 - Disney Fantasy West Caribbean Feb '14

Me(31) DH(35) DD(<1) Penny Bean ChaCha Orange Cat

kroseycorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:53 PM   #9
TeresaMRoberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kroseycorn View Post
I just made a reservation at BOG on January 31st. Wishes/Park Closure at 8:00P, but our reservation is at 9:20!!! NINE-TWENTY! Thats almost an hour and 20 min after the park closes?

Seems crazy to me, but I've got the email to prove it. Maybe they're just still moving park hours around... but even if it's moved to 9p, it's still going to be late. Anybody have a rez that late after close??
Well according to the link Crumbly posed the 31st is open till 10pm

So Maybe they just haven't updated the hours yet... because this would make more sense then reservations that far after closing... keep your resi!
Old 09-27-2013, 06:23 PM   #10
purple figment
DIS Veteran

We've had dinner reservations a little after a park's closing time even when the hours weren't extended. It was not a problem because usually there are other diners and late shoppers in the park.

The calendar that was linked is the Travel Agents' calendar. It is updated long before the one on the Disney site.

Since you mentioned the grey stuff, they've just made it available on the menu. It tasted like frosting so I think offering it on a cupcake is a good idea:
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/0...st-restaurant/

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: