Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 01:12 AM   #1
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

I saw that a new set of reveal/conceal pins came out for Epcot's 30th. It says "Each box contains one of 12 "revealed" pins and one of 12 mystery pins". I was wondering if this is like the previous Figment reveal/conceal set where each revealed pin was always paired with the same mystery pin (i.e., if you buy all 12 revealed pins, you'll hip get all 12 mystery pins) or is the mystery pin random?

I've bought three of the boxes, but none had the Figment concealed pin. I was hoping someone might be able to help me find the Figment!

So far, these are the pairs I got:
Chip and Dale Mission Space Spinner with Seabase Alpha
Daisy Flower Festival with Cranium Command
Donald Food and Wine with Walt

Thanks!
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:12 PM   #2
SupernaturalMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment_jii View Post
I saw that a new set of reveal/conceal pins came out for Epcot's 30th. It says "Each box contains one of 12 "revealed" pins and one of 12 mystery pins". I was wondering if this is like the previous Figment reveal/conceal set where each revealed pin was always paired with the same mystery pin (i.e., if you buy all 12 revealed pins, you'll hip get all 12 mystery pins) or is the mystery pin random?

I've bought three of the boxes, but none had the Figment concealed pin. I was hoping someone might be able to help me find the Figment!

So far, these are the pairs I got:
Chip and Dale Mission Space Spinner with Seabase Alpha
Daisy Flower Festival with Cranium Command
Donald Food and Wine with Walt

Thanks!
I buy a lot of reveal/conceal pins. With the barnstormers, they were not exact, with the park starz, they were different, but there were more reveal than conceal, and with the new fantasyland ones, I bought the complete set of 10 3 times, and only got one complete set of conceal, and a whole lot of duplicates of other ones.
SupernaturalMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2013, 05:08 PM   #3
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

I found another website that posted their pin combos and an explanation. Evidently, the pin boxes are in cases and each 12 pin box case contains a full set. The pairings are random, but case is complete. So if you want a full set you have to get a case before it's opened and put on the rack (where it gets mixed).
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #4
SupernaturalMommy
Mouseketeer

That's similar to how they package the non-reveal mystery boxes. For instance, the Princess Crest mystery boxes have identical pairings but since the boxes are all alike, you don't know what 2 pins you are getting. However, they package them in sleeves of 10 boxes and each sleeve has two complete sets, 2 of each box. That's how I ordered them on the phone from Disney and was lucky enough to receive a sleeve when I bought 10 boxes even though the limit was 5 boxes per day and I had to call 2 days in a row to get 10- boxes.
SupernaturalMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:08 AM   #5
kbelle8995
DIS Veteran

Wink

I purchased one of these this last week. I am not a big fan of mystery pins. I like knowing what I purchased. But it's Epcot which I love so I purchased one.

I got Leave a Legacy/Universe of energy. I want Figment and Horizons. With it being so random as others have explained. It might take out the ratios I have been working with them.
kbelle8995 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: