Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #1
Fab4@disney
Mouseketeer

Rent DVC points or 2 rooms at POP?

We are planning a trip for Oct of this year. We have all been to Disney quite a few times before. It will be me(41), my sister(57), and my 2 daughters ages 8 and 11. My oldest has some bahavior/processing issues and will benefit from having a bedroom to go into when she needs quiet time. I am thinking of either renting DVC points for at least a one bedroom villa or 2 rooms at Pop century. We have stayed at Pop in Oct 2011 and loved it. We also had a studio at Bay Lake Tower and actually liked Pop much better. Also we are driving so we will have a car should we need it. Any suggestions disney friends?
Fab4@disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:18 PM   #2
bookwormde
Heading out now, another adventure
Have a good time, WDW is a magical place

Do not judge DVC by BLT. I would suggest OKW 2br. They are huge and the whole resort is very laid back with lots of options for kids and is especially great for sub or full spectrum kids.
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2013, 04:19 PM   #3
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Your choices for October renting points are going to be limited, as that is one of the busiest months for DVC bookings.

If you are planning to rent best get to checking to see what is available. Unless you can get BLT or Kidani Village your one bedroom will only have one bathroom and all of them, only one real bed.

I would go with Pop where you will have two bathrooms and 4 beds unless you are going to rent a 2br.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #4
Fab4@disney
Mouseketeer

Thank you both for your suggestions. I have been looking at OKW since it is the cheapest and biggest bang for the buck.

I have also been looking at the rent board for new owners to list their points. I guess I am surprised Oct is one of the busier months for DVC since the crowds are average that time of year
Old 03-05-2013, 05:36 PM   #5
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab4@disney View Post
Thank you both for your suggestions. I have been looking at OKW since it is the cheapest and biggest bang for the buck.

I have also been looking at the rent board for new owners to list their points. I guess I am surprised Oct is one of the busier months for DVC since the crowds are average that time of year
The Food and Wine Festival at Epcot is a huge draw! Many of the DVC units are very close to Epcot. Plus at the Magic Kingdom you have the Mnsshp. Another huge draw.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:13 PM   #6
Fab4@disney
Mouseketeer

That's true......I had a duh moment there, sorry
Old 03-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #7
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:

From the end of September through early January is a popular time for DVC members and they book 11 months out. I just tried to get a single night in a studio at BCV or BWV and they are booked for early October.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:40 PM   #8
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Crowds are average is a draw, as is Food and Wine, Halloween parties and nice weather.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: