Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2013, 07:38 PM   #1
mackeysmom
Let's Go Mets!

One Month at a Time - Laura's Journal (Take Two...)

H there -

Some of you may remember that I started a journal in February of last year (starting weight 210) http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2885167 .

I was good for a few months and disappeared until December (new starting weight 222.8). I was good for a few days, and then disappeared again.

Rather than continue with an outdated journal, I decided to start fresh Ė thus the new journal with slightly revised title.

I will officially start tomorrow and post my new-new starting weight, and will try my best to post daily with my food (and pics), exercise, and other random thoughts.

As always, I will welcome all comments (good and bad Ė no need to sugarcoat anything).

Until tomorrow Ö

- Laura
mackeysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:55 PM   #2
mackeysmom
Let's Go Mets!

Day 1

Official Weigh-in - 220 lbs.

I didnít get up as early as I would have liked, so no hot breakfast for me. Instead, I packed a handful of items to bring to work:

For breakfast, I ate the protein bar and the banana (with a cup of coffee with fat-free creamer).

Lunch (not pictured) was turkey and cheese roll-ups, some left over broccoli from last night and an apple. I have to take lunch pretty early, so I had the pretzels and string cheese as a snack in the afternoon.

Dinner was steak, Ĺ baked potato, spinach, peppers & onions. I recently bought a bunch of meat from Omaha Steak. (They were running a good deal and there was double cash-back from Ebates.) The steaks are 5 oz. lean sirloin steaks Ė I cooked it up on the Foreman grill and, once done, measured in at 4.1 oz. Pretty much the perfect serving size Ė right?

After dinner, I took a 30 minute walk. Those of you that followed my journal last year may remember that I used to walk for 60 minutes. Unfortunately, I was hit with plantar fasciitis and had to cut back drastically. Iím now able to walk for 30 minutes at a stretch Ė not ideal, but better than nothing.

I had some schoolwork to do tonight (went back to school in September to get my Bachelorís Degree in Human Resources Mgmt.) and had a bag of microwave popcorn with olive oil and a little parmesan cheese.

Iíve been trying to cut down on my Diet Coke habit, and was able to have only 2 today. One with lunch and one with popcorn.

Thereís a load of laundry in the dryer - once that is done, Iím going to try to settle in for the night. Iíd like to get up a few minutes early tomorrow to make a better breakfast.

Until tomorrow Ö

- Laura
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2013, 10:42 PM   #3
DisneyMagicMomma
Mouseketeer

Just popping in to subscribe and to offer some support! We all have our ups and downs. You'll do great!! Keep us updated.

~ T i f f a n y

WDW- 1/2007, 5/2010, anticipating 10/2014 After graduation of nursing school
DisneyMagicMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:49 PM   #4
mackeysmom
Let's Go Mets!

Iím back Ö

Sorry Iíve been MIA Ė the last month was pretty hectic with school, work and life in general. Now that school is over until September, I promise to post more often. (Hoping for daily, but will be happy w/ a few times a week.)

Foodwise Ė Iíll say that for the last month Iíve been ďawareĒ of what Iím eating, but not following any sort of program. When I stepped on the scale this morning, I was shocked to see that it read 220 lbs., exactly where I was on 4/30. If asked, I would have thought Iíd gained a few pounds, my clothes have felt much tighter and I just feel bloated. ( I will admit that Iíve been going haywire with the diet soda, 4+ cans a day. )

Anyway, here we go (again) Ö

This morning I had a smoothie for breakfast Ė Iím not a real fan of smoothies as meals, I really need something to chew on in order to feel satisfied. But, I had gotten a coupon for a free Yoplait smoothie so I decided to try it out. I thought the banana flavoring was a little fake tasting Ė it left a bad aftertaste. It served its purpose, but I wonít have one again.

Lunch was 2 eggs, each topped with a slice of pepper jack cheese and an apple.

I found this Sargento Ultra Thin Sliced cheese at Stop & Shop. Only 40 calories per slice and very tasty. (I also got a package of the Provolone, but havenít tried it yet.)

I was out running errands when I realized that I hadnít taken anything out for dinner. I was near Panera Bread, so I decided to pick up something there, rather than throw a frozen dinner in the microwave. I ordered from their ďYou Pick TwoĒ menu and got a half BBQ Chopped Chicken Salad and cup of chicken noodle soup. Only 340 calories for the whole thing. Not bad, huh?

Iíve decided Iím going to try tracking calories with LoseIt.com Ė for some reason I just canít seem to stick with WW these days. Iíll give LoseIt a full 30 days and then see where Iíll go from there.

As of this writing, I have about 250 calories left for the day. Iím not sure how Iíll use them yet. I think today was a bit of a fluke, since I had off from work and didnít have a real breakfast. I donít anticipate having that many calories leftover at night in the future.

Random thoughts for the day:

I tried putting off having my first Diet Coke as long as possible Ė at around 2:00pm, I got a killer migraine. I think it was the lack of caffeine. Until I can slowly wean myself, I donít think I can wait so long. Iíll have one around noon tomorrow so I donít wind up with a headache at work.

I didnít do any formal exercise today - but I worked in the garden for a while, so that was a little something.

Tomorrow is my sisterís graduation ceremony with dinner afterwards (she got her Masterís Degree) Ė not sure where we are going, but Iíll try to eat on the low side calorie-wise for breakfast/lunch Ė but not so low that Iíll go crazy at dinner.

Until tomorrow Ö

- Laura

Old 05-28-2013, 07:02 AM   #5
momof2minnies
DIS Veteran

Smile

Hi Laura I sent you a PM

Linda
2000 OKW First trip with the kids,2001 OKW First time for my parents,2002 Marriott Grande Vista/OKW,2003 MGV,2004 OKW,2005 March Disney cruise/SSR, July-MGV, 2007 CSR, 2008 Clearwater-day trip, Marathon 2009 OKW,Nov. 2009 CSR then the Magic,Marathon 2010 OKW,June 2010 AKL,Marathon 2011 OKW, Anniversary 2011 POFQ,Disney Dream+BC 2012,Disney Fantasy 2013,Anniversary 2013 POR, Jan 2014 OKW

4/08 First half marathon- Oleksak lumber- Ma., 2:23:35
10/08 Second half marathon-Applefest-Hollis,NH.,2:17:05
01/09 First full marathon- Disney-5:39:24
01/10 5K and Half marathon- with my brother- Disney-2:43:42
01/11 5k and Half marathon-Disney- 2:11:46
4/12 5k Castaway Cay on the Dream with Arynn
momof2minnies is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: