Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2013, 08:05 PM   #1
Luv0fDisney
DIS Veteran

I am undecided...Android or iphone?

Anyway, I guess I should start with that I'm on Sprint plan and am able to upgrade my phone from a Samsung Epic 4g to something else.

I am looking at a Iphone 4s at Sprint. The only few things that trouble me is that the current phone I have does have 4g when the iphone 4s w/ Sprint does NOT. I have looked into changing plans to either Verizon or ATT and the price is more then i pay now per month.

Do you think Sprint 4g is faster than 3g?
Is Iphone better than Android?

i always have had android ...

Your opinions?

i am not going to get an iphone because it is very slow....

Last edited by Luv0fDisney; 03-02-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Luv0fDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:23 PM   #2
shellybaxter
Dis Veteran
Disney Restaurants for one hundred Alex

All I can tell you is that I LOVE my I phone 4s. I was never an apple girl, so I never even considered an I phone, but my business partner has one and we decided to combine cell plans and his was better than mine. I got an I phone to match his. I had an ATT smart phone prior. The I phone was sooooo much better. I would never go back
shellybaxter is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2013, 08:35 PM   #3
kimblebee
now my thoughts will be worth 5 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv0fDisney View Post
Anyway, I guess I should start with that I'm on Sprint plan and am able to upgrade my phone from a Samsung Epic 4g to something else.

I am looking at a Iphone 4s at Sprint. The only few things that trouble me is that the current phone I have does have 4g when the iphone 4s w/ Sprint does NOT. I have looked into changing plans to either Verizon or ATT and the price is more then i pay now per month.

Your opinions?

I don't know why you say you are not going to get an Iphone because it is very slow. I have had my Iphone for almost a year and I love it. I haven't once had an issue with speed. I will say though, that the last update I did froze my phone and I had to do a factory reset. I lost EVERYTHING. I won't do another update for it. I have a 3G. My boyfriend has an Android and he is always complaining about how slow it is. We once had a Google race and I beat him by a mile. Go with an Iphone.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:48 PM   #4
crz4mm2
Most of the time I just sit and scratch my head...

I lust after an iphone....

US Cellular does not have iphones, so unless I change companies, it is a no go.

I have a Samsung Galaxy 3.... <3 it! <3 <3 <3 it.

crz4mm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:57 PM   #5
dansamy
DIS Veteran

I'm a tinkerer, so I'm an Android gal. I don't like being stuck in Apple's playpen.
dansamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:03 PM   #6
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

We are android fans in our house. We just recently got the Samsung Galaxy SIII and so far I like it. My husband chose this phone because the company he works for developed the chip for it.

I haven't been an Iphone fan. Others tend to like it. Just doesn't seem right that Angry Birds is free for a droid but you have to pay for it on the Iphone,
Old 03-02-2013, 09:05 PM   #7
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

I love my Galaxy III, so much better (in my opinion) than my old iphone. That being said....my DH loves his iphone 5
Old 03-02-2013, 09:09 PM   #8
Carl
DIS Veteran

I am an Apple computer person, but since I had T-mobile when the iPhone was introduced, I had no choice. Now that I have had several Android phones, I like them and wouldn't change.
I must say, however, that, at least with T-Mobile, 4g is slower than 3g was (at least on my phone.)
Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:10 PM   #9
nugov2
DIS Veteran

Droid Bionic here and I love it. Bigger screen than the I phone. The biggest reason we got it was b/c it had all the features of the I phone, but Amazon was running a special where we could get them for .01.....how can you beat that. I phone wasn't one of the options so to me it was a no brainer. I have had mine for a year issue free. I don't know if I would have opted for the I phone if the same price was available. My kids have I touches so it would be nice to face time them, but otherwise I don't notice any difference between Android and Apple phones.
nugov2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:14 PM   #10
low-key
DIS Veteran

I got an Android but I anit got a clue which one is better, I suspect most like there own phone the best
Old 03-02-2013, 09:33 PM   #11
Ambassador
DIS Veteran

I do not know about the Andriod. But I am disappointed by my iPhone 4S, after switching from the worst smartphone Blackberry. Apple has good marketing, but not does not live up to its marketing promise. If your expectation is for software that works across platform and apps that continue to work after upgrades, consider anything but Apple.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:43 PM   #12
clarkshel
DIS Veteran

There is positives and negatives to both. I personally like the iPhone. I love how apple products interact with each other. I also love the look and feel of the iPhone compared to other android phones out there. Especially the Samsung Galaxy phones, they fell cheap to me. You also got to be careful of the malware apps in android, which you don't usually have to worry about with IOS. I heard a number that there is about 40% of the android apps are infected with malware. Not sure if this number is accurate or not. A PP has said about angry birds being free on Android and not the App Store. Well apple does have free versions of angry birds. Not sure if Android's version is the same full version that apple has, that costs $0.99.

You have to go to a cell store and handle the phones, play around with them to see what you like best. Everyone's tastes are different.
clarkshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:59 PM   #13
clarkshel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambassador
I do not know about the Andriod. But I am disappointed by my iPhone 4S, after switching from the worst smartphone Blackberry. Apple has good marketing, but not does not live up to its marketing promise. If your expectation is for software that works across platform and apps that continue to work after upgrades, consider anything but Apple.
That is a very vague explanation. I have not had any problems with my iPhones after upgrades. With apps or the phones. What do you mean by work across platform and apps? Be more specific.
clarkshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:18 PM   #14
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

My children have had the android phones for a while and it was nothing but complaints, but it was mainly with them getting hung up or whatever and that could have been our carrier at the time. We just changed over to Verizon Wireless and we all got iPhones and I'm glad we did. My kids LOVE their iPhone 5, and my husband and I are very happy with the 4s. The only thing is he tries to FaceTime me to much!
Old 03-02-2013, 10:28 PM   #15
Hrhpd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv0fDisney View Post

Your opinions?

We have several Samsung Galaxy 3's and one iPhone 5 on the Sprint network. The androids are way faster and better than the iPhone. Luckily the iPhone is a teenager's phone and the Galaxy is the workhorse for DH's business where he has to be on call every other weekend. He needs extreme reliability and the Galaxy 3 has not let him down yet.
Hrhpd is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: