Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2013, 07:54 PM   #1
minnie1012
DIS Veteran

Anyone shop at Aerie?

I had never really paid much attention to Aerie in the mall. Then recently I received a coupon in the mail with a description of their different bras. I thought maybe I would check them out since I haven't been happy with Victoria's Secret lately. Then as I searched them online it seems like it's a store for teens/college kids. So I was wondering is that the case? Or can someone age 40 shop there? : ) Do you like their bras?
minnie1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:57 PM   #2
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie1012 View Post
I had never really paid much attention to Aerie in the mall. Then recently I received a coupon in the mail with a description of their different bras. I thought maybe I would check them out since I haven't been happy with Victoria's Secret lately. Then as I searched them online it seems like it's a store for teens/college kids. So I was wondering is that the case? Or can someone age 40 shop there? : ) Do you like their bras?
Aerie is part of the American Eagle company. It is geared to the younger crowd, but it you like stuff in there, then go for it.
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2013, 08:36 PM   #3
ashley0139
DIS Veteran

It's definitely geared more toward the teen/young adult crowd (as a PP said it is part of American Eagle). I am part of that younger crowd, but I have to say I really like the bras and underwear I have from there.

Pre-Trip Report 2009: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2293006

Pop Century October 19-26, 2011

Pre-Trip Report 2011: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2796928
Trip Report 2011:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2867080
ashley0139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:37 PM   #4
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

I shop there and I am 36. I also wasn't happy with the last couple of VS purchases.
bigbabyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:28 AM   #5
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!
Considers the DIS as Bladder Training 101

My DD sometimes shops there. They have some cute stuff. That said, I still think she prefers PINK but probaby just because our access to Aerie is limited. The two malls we predominantly shop do not have a store.

If the bras and undies fit you, go for it. In bras (not that I am a big person) I need more of a full coverage style and I haven't found one that really works for me.

Vacation Home - Indian Creek - July 2012
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - July 2009
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - Easter 2007
Shades of Green - June 2005
Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
CBR & Shades of Green - May 95
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:04 AM   #6
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

They have cute stuff but it is too teenish for me. My 16yodd wants to buy their bras there because they are cute but she is "too big" for them and has to shop at VS. So if you are "big" they may not work for you.

She used to shop there for shirts and stuff but now she is gone all hipster and shops etsy, Plato's Closet, and thrift shops. She is into buying "graphic artist" t-shirts online now for new stuff.
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:20 AM   #7
MoonFaerie
DIS Veteran

I've noticed my VS bras falling apart much more quickly lately, so I've switched to Aerie. I really like them. I really like them.

I have to admit to being unsure what's "too teenish" about their bras. They just look like normal bras to me.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:57 AM   #8
minnie1012
DIS Veteran

Sadly the smaller sizing won't be a problem for me! LOL It seems everyone that does have them is happy with them so I guess I'll check them out!

Thanks! : )
Old 03-03-2013, 09:02 AM   #9
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie1012 View Post
Sadly the smaller sizing won't be a problem for me! LOL It seems everyone that does have them is happy with them so I guess I'll check them out!

Thanks! : )
Oh yea, then go for it! It is really cute stuff. Plus they give great discounts.

My suggestion is to buy something at American Eagle (if you shop there) and then the receipt from AE is a "coupon" for Aerie for that day. Although I do not think you can combine the coupons in the mail with the AE promotion IIFC.

At least in the past that has always been their standard promotion. Check into it.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:23 AM   #10
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonFaerie View Post
I've noticed my VS bras falling apart much more quickly lately, so I've switched to Aerie. I really like them. I really like them.

I have to admit to being unsure what's "too teenish" about their bras. They just look like normal bras to me.
Sizing. They just don't fit "right" on me.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:24 AM   #11
deedeetoo
DIS Veteran

My 14 year old daughter likes to shop there. I bought one of their bras for me once while there with here and I didn't like it. Even though it looked like it would be enough support, it was not comfortable after wearing all day. I ended up throwing it away - it was that uncomfortable. Maybe if you are small on top and don't really need the support, or young enough that things are still standing up on their own, the bras would work for you.
deedeetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:04 PM   #12
sookie
DIS Veteran

Their sizing is focused on the teen population / juniors size.

I'm a size 8 to 10 depending on the retailer, but really busty. Their bras are not very supportive and don't seem to be very full coverage.

If you are a teen with a smaller chest (the aber/AE/hollister crowd - basically, what I wore when I was 13-16) - it would have been great.

But I need more support than that.
sookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:11 PM   #13
maelstrom
DIS Veteran

I started shopping at Aerie after the quality went down at Victoria's Secret. Now, all of my undies and bras are from Aerie. Most of the time, they don't have my size (38C) in the store, but they order it and ship it to my home for free. I'm 27 and definitely not a small person anymore (size 12 pants), but I love Aerie.

Next Trip: May 2013 at Port Orleans French Quarter

Got Married! October 1, 2011 in Atlantic City!
maelstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:41 PM   #14
MoonFaerie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
Sizing. They just don't fit "right" on me.
Ahh, I must have youthful "girls" because I'm a 36DD and I love my Aerie bras.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:26 PM   #15
minnie1012
DIS Veteran

I went yesterday and came home with 2 bras and a pair of underwear! The sales girl pointed out that they did have "woman sizes" LOL. She was very helpful and asked what I was looking for and gave me several styles to try on. Then when I found one I liked she directed me to those bras. I liked how they were all by name, so much easier to navigate the store! They are cut different than what I am used to. Not where they didn't fit but the front comes up higher than the Victoria Secret bras and some other ones that I own. I loved the prices too! It was buy one get the second for $10.00! Then I had a 20% off coupon! Since I tried bras on I received a special coupon code which that was a free pair of underwear. So we'll see how I like them once I start wearing them but so far I was happy with the experience.

Thanks everyone! : )

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: