Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 02:50 PM   #1
klwdisney
DIS Veteran

What Poly Building Should I Request?

I am doing online check in for our 1 night at the Poly
and I didn't realize it would ask for your building request :D

We are going as a HUGE treat for my 40th birthday for 1 night only at the end of the trip. To make it fully worth the price, we are all staying in one room (me, mom, bff, bff's 7yo DS) and will use that time as "end of vacation wind-down" and take advantage of all the resort has to offer. We don't fly home til after 8pm so we will have just about 2 full days there and our 1 night. We booked a standard room.

Tell me where I should request a room to get the best standard room view there is!

We dont care about proximity to the monorail since we won't be going to the parks while we're at the Poly. We will be spending most of our time at the beach and pool I think.

THANKS!!!

9/86 - Poly (with family), 11/97 - Honeymoon @ Hyatt Orlando, 3/99 - POR, 11/00 - ASMo,
10/05 - POP Century, 9/07 - 10th anniversary POR, 5/08 - POFQ with Just Mom!5/09 - Moonsoon Trip to CBR, 5/12 with Mom at POR, POR/POLY 5/13 Bday with mom & friends, NEXT UP: November 2014 Contemporary Garden Wing for the Food & Wine Festival with Mom!
klwdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:03 PM   #2
grimley1968
DIS Veteran
Obedient Man

I'm not sure it's available right now (I believe they're renovating a building or two), but I'd probably request Samoa. It has plenty of garden view rooms.

Samoa is centrally located, just steps from the Volcano pool to the west side of it, the quiet pool on the east side of it, and the GCH. It's an easy walk to the beach as well.

If the Samoa building is unavailable due to renovation, there are really no bad places to be within the Poly, IMHO. It's a spread out resort, but nothing like some of the moderate resorts in their size.

No building at the Poly is more than a 5-minute walk to either of the pools, in my experience.

Last edited by grimley1968; 04-23-2013 at 03:29 PM. Reason: correcting my post due to standard being same as garden view
grimley1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2013, 03:05 PM   #3
princessap
DIS Veteran

We did a two night stay at the poly in march and LOVED it! Hope you have a great stay! We did one park day and did the same as you are planning and enjoyed the resort on check in and check out day!

We stayed in Tokelau and loved it...we were in a corner room and could see the Contemporary resort and from the end of the building could see the castle!

I would request this location again.
princessap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:08 PM   #4
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

We have stayed in Tokelau twice and loved it. It is close to the TTC, you can stop there and walk back to the Poly, and walk there to catch the monorail to Epcot. Close to the quiet pool, and the Great Ceremonial House about a 5 minute walk if that. Here is our view from room 2912, standard view. (I think they are classified as garden view now not standard)

Old 04-23-2013, 03:23 PM   #5
White Rose
Mouseketeer

the view types there are:

Garden = Standard
Lagoon
Theme Park

To see all the room types and building layouts, checkout tikimanpages.
White Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #6
klwdisney
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone! I requested Samoa since it seems to be more centrally located to what we'll be doing in the 20 hours we'll be spending there :D

If Samoa isn't available at check in, I'll request Tokelau

That picture was GORGEOUS!!!

9/86 - Poly (with family), 11/97 - Honeymoon @ Hyatt Orlando, 3/99 - POR, 11/00 - ASMo,
10/05 - POP Century, 9/07 - 10th anniversary POR, 5/08 - POFQ with Just Mom!5/09 - Moonsoon Trip to CBR, 5/12 with Mom at POR, POR/POLY 5/13 Bday with mom & friends, NEXT UP: November 2014 Contemporary Garden Wing for the Food & Wine Festival with Mom!
klwdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:37 PM   #7
Syndrome
Who's super now?

We like Fiji (2nd to Hawaii ). Every room is a garden view, but most face some sort of water. Views of the marina/lake on one side, and views of the Luau cove/lake on th other side. Central to the pool, GCH. The beach to the left of Fiji is just about desserted because everyone goes to the one in front of the resort. If you request any room that ends in 311-322 you will face the marina. Example......... we had 3311 one time.......third floor-first room starting from the lake, corner room. It was the best "garden view room we ever had.
I believe we have had the worst as well, and asked to be moved......... Tuvalu garden view I think 1418. Bottom floor center of the building. Opened up our blinds and we were looking square in the middle of the end of Fiji, and over the walkway into Tuvalu.......horrible.

Good luck, enjoy your stay !

Syndrome

Various stays at : ASM, AKL, AKV, BC, BLT, BWV, FW, GF, HHI,
OKW, Poly, POR, WL, VWL, SSR, RPR, HRH, PBR, Off-Site ......
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: