Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 07:21 AM   #1
kathy23
Earning My Ears

How long from airport to resort on ME?

Hi everyone. I am debating about trying to hit the parks on our first day. About how long does it take to get from the airport to the resorts? (we are staying at POFQ.) I think we land around 10. ALso, just to figure out even more details, does anyone know about how long it takes to get from POFQ to MK on the disney bus. I know they say leave around 90 minutes but this seems a little excessive. Thanks!
kathy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:28 AM   #2
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy23 View Post
Hi everyone. I am debating about trying to hit the parks on our first day. About how long does it take to get from the airport to the resorts? (we are staying at POFQ.) I think we land around 10. ALso, just to figure out even more details, does anyone know about how long it takes to get from POFQ to MK on the disney bus. I know they say leave around 90 minutes but this seems a little excessive. Thanks!
I think 90 minutes is a good number. You will land...take the fake monorail over to the main terminal and then walk down to the ME area (about 15 minutes for all of that). Depending on your wait for your bus, you could have 5-30minutes in ME area), and then it's about 30-40 minutes to your resort from the airport. (If there are other resorts in your route to drop off at as well). So, 90 minutes is a safe guess... We have typically been to our resort from 60-90 minutes.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2013, 07:31 AM   #3
Julie711
Mouseketeer

We've never stayed at your resort but have stated at a few different ones and it's on average a 30 min bus ride, that also depends on if your resort is the first stop.
To answer your second ?, 90 min is def plenty of time to allow yourself to get to any park. We have never waited for a bus at any resort we've stayed at more then 15-20 min, then MK usually being the futherest park is a 15-20 min ride. We always allow ourselves about 40 min prepare time for buses.

Me DH DD(6yrs)DS(2 yrs)

9/06- CBR- Honeymoon/ 4/10- CBR- 1st Family Trip/ 8/10- CBR- Family & Grandmom Visit/ 5/11- CBR/ 2/12-AKL- Kid Free Trip For My B Day!/ 11/12- BWV- 1st Christmas Visit 4/13-DL-DH Birthday Trip Kid Free/ 9/13-WLV

Julie711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:33 AM   #4
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

90 minutes is a good estimate. Sometimes it takes less time and sometimes it takes more time. You have no way of knowing if the bus will leave right as you board, or if you will sit on it for a while waiting for it to fill up. You have no way of knowing if your resort will be the first stop or the last stop.

From POFQ to MK is around 18 minutes.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:34 AM   #5
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
In general from time you land until time you arrive at hotel, check-in, and get to room is 1 1/2 hrs. The ride itself is about 30 mins but you stop at more than one resort/ usually 3. I have 20 trips in 5 years and I have never made it to my room in an hour and never more than 2.

You can leave your luggage with bell services when you get off ME and get on bus for parks ASAP, or check- in and leave luggage.

trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:58 AM   #6
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
You land at 10pm or 10am? And what day of the week? If it's 10am on a Saturday - about 2 hours to get from the plane to check in. If it's 10pm on a Wednesday - 90 minutes or less. If it's 10pm, you also have to collect your own luggage which means adding an extra 20 minutes or more.

To get to MK from POFQ only takes about 10 minutes of driving time, but its the waiting for the bus that can take a while. Plus, there are times when the POFQ will stop at POR as well. We always left about an hour before we wanted to be somewhere, and it worked out well.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:00 AM   #7
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Anybody ever get to MCO very early in the morning? If I am at ME at 7 am, is it a long wait before the bus leaves the airport?

AliceIn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:27 AM   #8
elaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn View Post
Anybody ever get to MCO very early in the morning? If I am at ME at 7 am, is it a long wait before the bus leaves the airport?
We always take the red eye and arrive 6:30 - 7:00am. The past 3 trips we have literally walked up to the counter, checked in, got on the bus (we had the whole bus to ourselves) and the bus left for the resort .... It took 30 minutes maximum.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:35 PM   #9
Dreamsdocometrue9112
"hang onto your hats and glasses 'cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!"

On average, from touch down to check-in it's 90 minutes. That being said, you can give or take time. We have found that to be a pretty reasonable estimate in our past trips

Dreamsdocometrue9112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:01 PM   #10
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

My most recent trip was 63 minutes from wheels down to room key in hand

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
stargazertechie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: