Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 12:32 PM   #1
mommysdb
Earning My Ears

Online check in new features

Hi All,
Have read that there are now additional request options as well as the ability to say whether or not you would rather wait to get your requests met, or would rather have a room ready when you check in. Have been looking at online check in but haven't submitted yet because I don't see any of these newer options. Am I looking at the wrong/older website? Where do people go to do online check in?
Thanks!
mommysdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:34 PM   #2
AuroraRora
Princess

I had all those choices when I checked in online last week, you're correct.

It listed about 8 room preferences, like middle floor, highest floor, close to pool, which view, close to transportation, and you were allowed to pick two. It also asked your approximate arrival time and let you input a cell phone number if you wanted to receive a text message saying when they had a room ready for you. Finally, it let you state if it was more important for you to get any room available at check-in, or if you'd prefer to wait until your requests could be met. It also asked for my credit card details for incidentals.

I did it by going to the My Disney Experience part of the booking site and clicking on My Reservation. Previously it had just listed my reservation info, but this time it had a Check In! link. Very easy to do.
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2013, 02:40 PM   #3
Sue M
DIS Veteran

For our January trip I had no options!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:47 PM   #4
*pixie*dust*
DIS Veteran

I had those options for my February trip, however none were honored and I never got a text..... I know they aren't guaranteed but I was surprised that I got none and ever got a text either.

*pixie*dust* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:55 PM   #5
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRora View Post

It listed about 8 room preferences, like middle floor, highest floor, close to pool, which view, close to transportation, and you were allowed to pick two. It also asked your approximate arrival time and let you input a cell phone number if you wanted to receive a text message saying when they had a room ready for you. Finally, it let you state if it was more important for you to get any room available at check-in, or if you'd prefer to wait until your requests could be met. It also asked for my credit card details for incidentals.

I did it by going to the My Disney Experience part of the booking site and clicking on My Reservation. Previously it had just listed my reservation info, but this time it had a Check In! link. Very easy to do.
Were you required to leave a credit card for incidentals or could you bypass that section? I know Disney doesn't require you to leave one when you check in at the resort but I wasnt sure if online check it makes you fill in that field before you hit submit. Thanks!
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:00 PM   #6
staceyeid
Mouseketeer

I used online check in earlier this week for Hilton Head and there was no way to bypass the credit card section (at least that I was able to find).
Old 03-03-2013, 03:05 PM   #7
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRora View Post

I have a split stay in April and recently checked in as well. I believe the part that "if it was more important to get first available room " only popped up after I checked one of the requests.

I am staying at CSR in new business class. One option was 4th floor even though Cabanas (club location) only has 2 floors. I didn't even bother with a request because none worked for that building.

Also for poly CL it asked which building, hello I expect to be in Hawaii so why does ask me which building???? Have to wonder if these programmers have ever stayed at Disney!
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:24 PM   #8
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
Were you required to leave a credit card for incidentals or could you bypass that section? I know Disney doesn't require you to leave one when you check in at the resort but I wasnt sure if online check it makes you fill in that field before you hit submit. Thanks!
Back when I was doing online checkin for our Feb trip, it did require me to put in a CC. And then for two of our 4 resorts they had LOST the CC info. How that happened I do not know.

Recently (like this last week) I've been reading posts that said people did NOT have to put in the CC info.

But the online checkin pages seem to be changing every other time you visit, so honestly I'm not sure that any of us can tell you what YOU will see, or what anyone else will see. Hopefully once they are done working on their new site (they started in November, I believe, so maybe by next November it'll be done? just in time for some new software company to sell them something different?) it will be the same from person to person, time to time.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: