Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2013, 05:31 PM   #1
LeahA
DIS Veteran

Booking 2 rooms at a value?

Are there adjoining rooms? I don't think so but I was wondering if we have a larger family and book 2 rooms would we be guaranteed to be next to each other at least. Anyone ever do this?
SARATOGA SPRINGS RESORT-X2
OLD KEY WEST
WILDERNESS LODGE
POLYNESIAN
POP CENTURY
LeahA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:38 PM   #2
pens4821
Mouseketeer

I'm pretty sure I've read its not a guarantee. You can request it.

I have a question of my own, how do you go about doing this? Is it better to call, or just make 2 seperate reservations on the website (don't see a spot to request 2 rooms)? I'm assuming calling would be easier to request connecting rooms.
pens4821 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2013, 05:47 PM   #3
LeahA
DIS Veteran

I think you would have to call to book 2 rooms.
SARATOGA SPRINGS RESORT-X2
OLD KEY WEST
WILDERNESS LODGE
POLYNESIAN
POP CENTURY
LeahA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:07 PM   #4
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

studios are next to 1-bedroom - think that even the dedicated studios are next to 1-bedroom (not sure)

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:37 PM   #5
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat View Post
studios are next to 1-bedroom - think that even the dedicated studios are next to 1-bedroom (not sure)
This would not apply to a value hotel (All Stars, Pop)

All rooms are adjoining meaning they are next to another. If you want a room with a door inside the room that opens into the next room you need to request connecting rooms. They are not guarenteed but we have never had that request denied and we have asked for it many times.

If you are a larger family and you want the larger space you could go with the family suites at All Star Music or Art of Animation. Additionally the DVC properties have villa like accomodations.

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:38 PM   #6
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens4821 View Post
I'm pretty sure I've read its not a guarantee. You can request it.

I have a question of my own, how do you go about doing this? Is it better to call, or just make 2 seperate reservations on the website (don't see a spot to request 2 rooms)? I'm assuming calling would be easier to request connecting rooms.
You can do it online and in the spot where it asks if you are traveling with another party you put the request in there on both reservations. If you are one family and want two rooms then call for sure.

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:27 PM   #7
pens4821
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveliz View Post
You can do it online and in the spot where it asks if you are traveling with another party you put the request in there on both reservations. If you are one family and want two rooms then call for sure.

Liz
Thank you! That's what I figured.
pens4821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:30 PM   #8
MistressMerryweather
DIS Veteran

They will swear to you up and down over the phone that it's guaranteed for families, but in writing and when you get there, it's not.
That said, we've always gotten our request.

Me ~ DH ~ Ds(11) ~ Dd(9) ~ Ds(5) ~ Dd(3) ...our Sept. 2010 DW souvenir ~ Dd(1)

MistressMerryweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:57 PM   #9
sabrinadv1
Mouseketeer

I don't understand how its not guaranteed. We are doing just that in April and on our room paperwork we received it says guaranteed.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:26 PM   #10
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrinadv1 View Post
I don't understand how its not guaranteed. We are doing just that in April and on our room paperwork we received it says guaranteed.
Nothing in life is guaranteed (except death and taxes). Until you physically present yourself at any hotel or similar property and complete the registration transaction, "your" room isn't yours. Things happen. Example: Three rooms left for the night; a large party is preassigned to connecting rooms at a Value resort. One of those rooms is handicap-accessible (because that's what's in inventory). Another guest arrives earlier the same day with a recent need for the HA room. That guest gets the room they need, and the connecting "guarantee" is moot. Information permanently printed on the back of the registration agreement the guest signs authorizes this.
kaytieeldr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:28 PM   #11
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrinadv1 View Post
Because the fine print says otherwise.

All Disney guarantees is a room on property. Period. It does not matter what anything or anyone else says. TOO many times have I seen people who were "guaranteed" connecting then not able to get them due to whatever reason.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:34 PM   #12
nopdwife
Mouseketeer

I book via phone..

My family needs 2 rooms when we visit Disney in May. This is our first time staying at POP and first time needing 2 rooms. I booked my trip over the phone and payed for preferred rooms so we'd be closer to the buses as we have only ever stayed at POR and only know how the walk to the bus stop is at that resort. Anyway, I was told my rooms were GUARANTEED to be connected. My confirmations all state guaranteed.. Not sure if it's because I paid for preferred or not. We'll see what happens when we get there.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:40 PM   #13
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by nopdwife View Post
My family needs 2 rooms when we visit Disney in May. This is our first time staying at POP and first time needing 2 rooms. I booked my trip over the phone and payed for preferred rooms so we'd be closer to the buses as we have only ever stayed at POR and only know how the walk to the bus stop is at that resort. Anyway, I was told my rooms were GUARANTEED to be connected. My confirmations all state guaranteed.. Not sure if it's because I paid for preferred or not. We'll see what happens when we get there.
Preferred isn't guaranteed either. There have been several posts recently where people arrived and they got bumped to a standard.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:42 PM   #14
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nopdwife View Post

My family is also staying at Pop for the first time in May (in two rooms) and we need connecting rooms because our kids are still young and two have special needs. I know nothing is guaranteed but I am really hoping our request is granted. We stayed in a family suite at AS Music on our last trip and liked it but we really wanted to have a new experience for this trip and the cost of a suite at AOA or a cabin at Fort Wilderness is out of the question at this point so our choice was narrowed down to either getting two standard value resort rooms or staying offsite and renting a minivan. I am not too worried though because Pop has a lot of rooms.
2Pirates2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:34 PM   #15
jhryb
DIS Veteran

Include the request on your reservation BUT also call the resort a couple of days prior to arrival to verify that they have the request on file

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: