DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2013, 02:21 PM   #1
Cinderpamela
DIS Veteran

7 month window= the waiting is the hardest part!!!

I am having the hardest time waiting for that darn 7 month window to open up for our vacation this coming Christmas 2013! (dates have some flexibility but need to be during kids break, they go back to school Jan 6th)

Perhaps it is because for this trip the opening will determine which of 2 totally different vacations we will be having.

Behind curtain #1 is an Aulani vacation in a 1 bedroom! Whatever view I can get!

and if thats not available:

curtain #2 is WDW! First world problems, right?

May cannot get here fast enough!

Please tell me I am not alone in this, when I tell my non Disney friends they look at me like I am crazy for even thinking about a vacation that is that far away!!

2014-November-Disneyland VGC 2013-Christmas at Aulani2012-November-Grand Cali 2012-July-Aulani 2011-1st trip to WDW-Christmas at Wilderness Lodge! 2010-Christmas-time@DLR and CLUB 33!! 2009-Christmas-time @ DLR 2008-Birthday @DLR 2007-PPH @ DLR
2005-DLH 1st Family Trip to DLR 1991-Spring Break Disneyland 1973-First trip to Disneyland

Last edited by Cinderpamela; 03-03-2013 at 05:49 PM.
Cinderpamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:54 PM   #2
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

I'm not waiting like you but good luck...did you already book your WDW stay? Since December is so busy, you might want to book your home resort--assuming it is once of the WDW ones--to ensure you have something!!!

I hate waiting for booking dates to open up!!!

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2013, 10:59 PM   #3
Cinderpamela
DIS Veteran

I know, I hate it too! Thanks for the input, I actually debated about reserving my home resort.

Since my #1 aim is for Aulani and WDW is sort of secondary (but still a great option) I figured I would just wait. That way I can book online rather than having to wait another hour and do the phone call to MS to change an existing reservation.

My home resort is SSR so it really shouldn't be a problem if I am online right at the 7 month mark to get a room there... or at least one of the many WDW DVC's. Now Aulani is most likely gonna be a completely different story! So I wait! and wait!

2014-November-Disneyland VGC 2013-Christmas at Aulani2012-November-Grand Cali 2012-July-Aulani 2011-1st trip to WDW-Christmas at Wilderness Lodge! 2010-Christmas-time@DLR and CLUB 33!! 2009-Christmas-time @ DLR 2008-Birthday @DLR 2007-PPH @ DLR
2005-DLH 1st Family Trip to DLR 1991-Spring Break Disneyland 1973-First trip to Disneyland
Old 03-03-2013, 12:10 PM   #4
kristenrice
DIS Veteran

I am waiting for the 7-month window to open for our November vacation. If I am doing the math correctly, it will be Sunday, April 7 for our November 7 stay. Right now, I have a value studio booked at AKV for DH and I. We are point-poor this year because we are squeezing in 2 trips. I am going to *try* to get a standard studio at BWV (which I am sure is already full with a waitlist started!) so I am not getting my hopes up. This will be DH's first trip for a F&W festival and we are planning on participating in the 1/2 Marathon so BWV would be *so* perfect. I love my AKV home and I haven't stayed there since 2010 so I won't be horribly disappointed if we don't get BWV, but I would still like to try.

Oh, and did I mention that we get home from our HHI spring break trip, late in the evening on Saturday, April 6?! I will NOT forget to set my alarm for Sunday morning since I want to make sure I get on that waitlist.

2001 OKW 2002 WL for HONEYMOON!January 2008 POP/OKW October 2008 AKV GIRLS ONLY! June 2009 AKV October 2009 POP with my BFF for my Birthday April 2010 AKV April 2011 HHI Oct 2011 BLT/BWV with DSiL June 2012 GRAND GATHERING at OKW April 2013 HHI November 2013 AKV *1st Half-Marathon*Oct 2014 Surprising the Nieces at AKV
kristenrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:50 PM   #5
Cinderpamela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenrice View Post

Oh, and did I mention that we get home from our HHI spring break trip, late in the evening on Saturday, April 6?! I will NOT forget to set my alarm for Sunday morning since I want to make sure I get on that waitlist.
Ha! That reminds me of our WDW trip in 2011... our 7 month window for booking Aulani opened up while still on Vacay at WDW. There I was in Liberty Square on my cel phone with MS right at the opening time trying to hear over the crowds to book our July/Aug Aulani! We did get in with no problem.... a little pixie dust while in the MK!

Old 03-03-2013, 05:12 PM   #6
lovedisney50
Mouseketeer

We are hoping to get BLT on Apr 10 for 7 nights. We have already booked at OKW. This year we are coming with dsg twins who will be 2 1/2 and think being closer to MK will be better.
lovedisney50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #7
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

I'm sitting on the waitlist as well. Waiting for my 7 month window to open. I own at BWV but waited about 3 weeks too long to decide. Now? My Dec 2-7 trip is waitlisted. I doubt anything will open up at BWV but maybe I can still get SSR.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:58 PM   #8
scottashackleton
Mouseketeer

My fiancee and I just booked the second half of our October Disneymoon at BLT right at the 7 month window. We called at 9 AM this morning and were able to book the 5 nights we needed in a Lake View studio. Add that to our 8 nights at BWV that we booked at 11 months and we have had some good luck!

Now the waiting begins
scottashackleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #9
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Maybe we should have a support group for those of us waiting. We're also waiting for the 7 month window at BCV, for a 1 BR. Fortunately, we already have a studio booked, but last year I decided to splurge and get a 1 BR, "just this once". As you can probably figure, a 1 BR snob was born! The only problem is that we don't have enough points for a 1 BR (need more BCV points). Last year, I waited 2 hours into the day the 7 month window opened and had to waitlist, then wait until the day before my waitlist expired before it came through. So I'll be next to the phone, poised at the ready, on the morning of March 19.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:35 PM   #10
Cinderpamela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
I'm sitting on the waitlist as well. Waiting for my 7 month window to open. I own at BWV but waited about 3 weeks too long to decide. Now? My Dec 2-7 trip is waitlisted. I doubt anything will open up at BWV but maybe I can still get SSR.
Darn! I bet SSR will still be available. I remember trying to look at "trends" last December just to see how realistic I was being about this Dec 2013 trip. If I remember correctly AKL, SSR and OKW were still available for at least a few weeks after the 7 month window opened last December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottashackleton
My fiancee and I just booked the second half of our October Disneymoon at BLT right at the 7 month window. We called at 9 AM this morning and were able to book the 5 nights we needed in a Lake View studio. Add that to our 8 nights at BWV that we booked at 11 months and we have had some good luck!
Thats Great! Happy Disneymoon to you both!! Good point that once we do get a ressie then there is a whole new type of waiting!! But at least at that point you know where you will be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink
We are hoping to get BLT on Apr 10 for 7 nights. We have already booked at OKW. This year we are coming with dsg twins who will be 2 1/2 and think being closer to MK will be better.
We also loved staying at the VWL... the boat trip to the MK was a great way to go if you cant get BLT! At 2 1/2 the kiddos would probably love the boatride and honestly I dont think it was much longer timewise than walking from BLT would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom
Maybe we should have a support group for those of us waiting.
Simba's Mom-Loving this idea!! I can totally empathize with being right on the phone at opening... and if your west coast like me its even worse cause you are up at 4:55am with your online booking all set to push play!

Old 03-04-2013, 06:42 PM   #11
Cinderpamela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenrice View Post
I am waiting for the 7-month window to open for our November vacation. If I am doing the math correctly, it will be Sunday, April 7 for our November 7 stay. Right now, I have a value studio booked at AKV for DH and I. We are point-poor this year because we are squeezing in 2 trips. I am going to *try* to get a standard studio at BWV (which I am sure is already full with a waitlist started!) so I am not getting my hopes up. This will be DH's first trip for a F&W festival and we are planning on participating in the 1/2 Marathon so BWV would be *so* perfect. I love my AKV home and I haven't stayed there since 2010 so I won't be horribly disappointed if we don't get BWV, but I would still like to try.

Sounds like some great trips!! Food and Wine is a goal for DH and I, maybe 2014!? BWV would be perfect I hope you get it. I know about being point poor... in fact for our December trip I have a secret hope of getting BWV value, but like you I know my chances are slim. Here is hoping for a little pixie dust!!

Old 03-04-2013, 06:45 PM   #12
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Wow, it really is a busy time. Were your dates all booked up, or were you going after BW or standard view?
Old 03-05-2013, 01:43 PM   #13
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran

We have a two bedroom reserved at AKV for Nov 9 -16. I am too, anxiously waiting for the 7 month window. We would like to try for BLT.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:35 AM   #14
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
Wow, it really is a busy time. Were your dates all booked up, or were you going after BW or standard view?
Waitlisted for a preferred view. There were a few nights available but decided to just list the whole stay. Nothing was open for standard views!!! I just waited too long...and with Thanksgiving so late, there are now two weeks that are compressed into that one week in Dec..so many more trying to book this period. Stupid me didn't realize that and waited too long.

I figure SSR will have something, but I wasn't crazy about my stay there last year. Hopefully something will open at another resort. I would be thrilled if AKL/Kidani had something open up!! If I can't be at BWV, AKL/Kidani are my next choices. BLT is terrific but brutally hard to get at this time of year...and there is nothing available for me even though I own there as well!!!

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:59 AM   #15
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran

We have only owned since 2008 and want to try staying at all of the resorts. I will still be happy if we stay at our home resort, but we have friends traveling with us and is their first visit to the world. I think they and their kids would love being close to the MK that is why I am hoping to change our ressie. Otherwise, I will probably just keep it where it is.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: