Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2013, 07:24 PM   #16
dansamy
DIS Veteran

While I haven't tried Wen, I have thin, fine, straight hair & have tried many products that claim to add body or volume to my hair. Nothing has ever worked. If you have naturally thin, fine hair, that's what you have. No product will cause you to have new hair follicle growth or make your individual hair stands thicker. I liken these hair product claims to the "male enhancement" or "breast enlargement" product claims.

Sorry, but no topical product will change the fundamental nature of your hair type.
dansamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:45 PM   #17
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

I tried it - wasn't impressed. I needed to use so much product to do what they said. I have thick hair with an oily scalp. I just recently am trying to wash & condition only every other day (I have been an every day hair washer all my adult life). I use products for color processed hair and make sure that the shampoo is sulfate-free.

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2013, 07:46 PM   #18
Wishing on a star
DIS Veteran
Another proud Southerner!

For me, so far, nothing compares to Pureology NanoWorks.
I was running low, and went back to a bottle of All Soft...
I could tell the difference.

I do not have thin, fine, hair.
But, am throwing this out here for anyone who is looking for a really excellent shampoo for cleanliness, healthy hair, manageability, etc...

Nothing seems to keep my hair as under-control and silky as this stuff!
Wishing on a star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:02 PM   #19
mickeysgal
Orange you glad I like Knock Knock jokes?
"I am Mrs. Nesbitt" - Buzz Lightyear

Hair falling out????
mickeysgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:05 PM   #20
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

my sister uses it and loves it.

i think her hair looks greasy and even flatter than normal (she doesn't have thick, full hair).

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:27 AM   #21
torinsmom
I have someone coming to scoop
I don't know how a man could wear them

I haven't used it, but have been cowashing some. Basically, I shampoo once a week and wash with conditioner 2-3 times a week. Shampoo can strip your hair of moisturizers it needs and washing with conditioner leaves my hair less dry and brittle. Doesn't look greasy, since conditioner also has ingredients that will clean the hair.
August 3-11, 2008--Pop Century Grand Gathering
July 6-13, 2009--Universal Studios
June 16-25 2010--Universal AND Disney for 10 days (Emerald Island)
August 10-20 2011--Universal and Disney(Indian Creek)
July 6-14 2012--Universal and Disney--doing YES again!
July 14-21 2013--Universal and Disney with family
torinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:34 AM   #22
violetrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by torinsmom View Post
I haven't used it, but have been cowashing some. Basically, I shampoo once a week and wash with conditioner 2-3 times a week. Shampoo can strip your hair of moisturizers it needs and washing with conditioner leaves my hair less dry and brittle. Doesn't look greasy, since conditioner also has ingredients that will clean the hair.
May I ask what type of conditioner you use and what the texture of your hair is? I would like to try this since Wen is so expensive. Do you just use any conditioner you have on hand or a particular brand?

violetrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:44 AM   #23
mhsjax
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansamy View Post
While I haven't tried Wen, I have thin, fine, straight hair & have tried many products that claim to add body or volume to my hair. Nothing has ever worked. If you have naturally thin, fine hair, that's what you have. No product will cause you to have new hair follicle growth or make your individual hair stands thicker. I liken these hair product claims to the "male enhancement" or "breast enlargement" product claims.

Sorry, but no topical product will change the fundamental nature of your hair type.
There are shampoos out there that make my hair look thicker, true it really isn't thicker, but there are ones that absolutely make my hair look thicker.
mhsjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:47 PM   #24
deserrai
DIS Veteran

I tried it. I have oily hair that has to be washed every day and I couldn't use it as shampoo. My hair didn't feel clean. It does work really well as a conditioner though.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #25
Schmeck
Funny thing is now my 17 year old naps almost every day and so do I!

Can't use something named "Wen" when that word means 'A harmless cyst, especially on the scalp or face, containing the fatty secretion of a sebaceous gland'

Fatty secretion from a cyst on my hair? EEWWWWWWWWW!
Aug '05 - BC Aug '04 - PC, AKL
Oct '02 - AKL, POR May '99 - CBR
May '96 - CBR Dec '80 - offsite
Schmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #26
auntfrannie
DIS Veteran

I've been using it for about a year. When I used any kind of shampoo/conditioner my hair never felt moisturized enough. My hair has never been dry but somehow my hair still didn't feel right. Since I've been using Wen my hair feels great and I've noticed that my hair color doesn't fade as quickly as it does with normal shampoo.

However, I do not use nearly as much as they tell you to use! There's no way my short hair needs gobs of the stuff.

Edited to add that my hair is fine. I've never expected a shampoo or conditioner to add the volume I need. I do use a thickening spray and volumizing gel to help with that.
auntfrannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:25 PM   #27
Lintasare
Holy
Hello. My name is Inigo Peeptoya...you ate my father...prepare to die
Ok fess up...who killed the riddle?

I wanted to try Wen until I saw how much you needed to use. 10 pumps for my hair. I only use 2 pumps of shampoo now. It is cheaper for me to stick with my Redken shampoo and conditioner.

Lintasare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:32 PM   #28
Smiles4DW
Wanted: Pixie Dust

I have used Hair One and Wen. Wen is better by far! When I started using Wen, I began to lose less hair compared to Hair One. I have naturally curly hair but its not very thick. Wen gave my hair more volume. Even my hairdresser noticed a better difference with my hair. I don't look like the models on TV but I am very pleased with Wen.
Smiles4DW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:09 AM   #29
torinsmom
I have someone coming to scoop
I don't know how a man could wear them

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetrose View Post
May I ask what type of conditioner you use and what the texture of your hair is? I would like to try this since Wen is so expensive. Do you just use any conditioner you have on hand or a particular brand?
I have tried different kinds, but like the Aussie moisturizing conditioner. I have in between hair--wavy and thick.
August 3-11, 2008--Pop Century Grand Gathering
July 6-13, 2009--Universal Studios
June 16-25 2010--Universal AND Disney for 10 days (Emerald Island)
August 10-20 2011--Universal and Disney(Indian Creek)
July 6-14 2012--Universal and Disney--doing YES again!
July 14-21 2013--Universal and Disney with family
torinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:46 AM   #30
Jeafl
Has an emergency auto hammer & knows how to use it
Collects Beta fish
Meow-y Christmas!!
Since when did 41 become middle aged?

I have been using Wen for about 9 months and will never use anything else again. I have thin, very straight highlighted hair. I was also starting to get thinning hair right in the front crown of my head. I had been using Rogaine, but since I have been using Wen I have thrown out all my Rogaine, mousse, styling gel and hairspray. My hair looks thicker, shinier and in better conditioner than it ever has at any time in my life. Also, I only need touch up highlights twice a year because it preserves my color really well.

I use the lavender formula which is the volumizing formula, and that may make a difference.

I'm kind of curious as to how any conditioner or shampoo could make your hair fall out. Colors, perms, relaxers, yes, but shampo? That is kind of scary. It's funny how differently things can affect people

OP, if you are interested in trying it for yourself risk free, the website trywen.com has a 100% money back guarantee ithink it is $29.99 for a month's supply with free shipping..

Last edited by Jeafl; 03-04-2013 at 08:54 AM.
Jeafl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: