Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2013, 07:49 PM   #46
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

We have always enjoyed the food court offerings and the busses were okay. I have heard that the All Stars share a bus, but POP doesnt. That said, we have waited for a while at the bus stop at times (but that has been the case even when we have stayed Deluxe). We tend to drive our own car even when staying on property.
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(6)
Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:00 AM   #47
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

We did end up booking at Pop. Excited to see a new place! I'll have to look into which building to request now.

Sometimes the buses are frustrating anywhere. We've waited an eternity at Deluxe resorts too. Although thinking back, I seem to remember having a harder time packing into the buses on the way to the parks at the All Star resort. Whatever! It will be great! After all it is DISNEY!
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2013, 01:37 PM   #48
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Our new baby is here! I'll post a picture soon. I promise to get back to planning now (even if it's just a few minutes at a time) as we're getting super excited about this trip!
Old 06-24-2013, 08:25 AM   #49
Lisa29
Mouseketeer

Congratulations!! Very exciting news.

Will read back over the rest of your report later and will comment then.

Five Little Ones Take the Adults - My 15 night SSR stay with DDP trip report

My Grand Villa at Bay Lake Tower pictures are HERE and HERE

I have no ticker.
Lisa29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:23 PM   #50
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

The only plans I've been able to work on have been to make final payment on our cruise. Yay! By the way, babies have to be 12 weeks old to cruise, and baby Zach made his arrival one day before the cut-off! He'll be 12 weeks and one day old when we board...whew! He was "due" a week before that, but he really made us sweat it out!

So we were able to check-in for our cruise and opted for the earliest arrival time 11-11:30am.

I also made reservations for the kids over 3 to get pirate makeovers on pirate night at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique onboard. We're not doing the full costumes though. Since we were waiting around for Zach's arrival before we paid and checked-in, we missed the best times. Our times are kind of early 1:30 and 1:45 but that's fine. We'll swim early and then clean up and send the kids to the kids club after the makeovers. The biggest problem is Zoe is only 2 and too young to do this...but she will really feel left out.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:24 PM   #51
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
Congratulations!! Very exciting news.

Will read back over the rest of your report later and will comment then.
Thank you!
Old 06-24-2013, 07:14 PM   #52
blessedby3

Congrats on the new little one
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
Old 06-26-2013, 03:43 PM   #53
Lisa29
Mouseketeer

Zach is a lovely name. I bet you were starting to worry with the 12 week deadline getting nearer.

The early arrival time is good. We are hopefully doing a cruise in 2016 and I will want to be on the ship as soon as I can!

Five Little Ones Take the Adults - My 15 night SSR stay with DDP trip report

My Grand Villa at Bay Lake Tower pictures are HERE and HERE

I have no ticker.
Lisa29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #54
blessedby3

Just checking in to see if anymore planning has been done...and to see if you are ready to post a picture of the new cutie
Old 08-10-2013, 02:06 PM   #55
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

So sorry I dropped the ball! It's been crazy busy here and not just because we have 5 kids! I fill in details soon.

But I feel bad I've left you hanging so long on the new baby picture...so I'll get right to that!

Here's the "big" kids meeting the new "little" guy in the hospital.

And here's Zach. I'll post more recent pictures of him during my TR if not before.

Also, sorry the pictures are so big. I haven't used PB in a while and it's changed a lot so I don't know how to change the size yet.
Old 08-10-2013, 02:57 PM   #56
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

What's been keeping us so busy?
Did I mention yet that we listed our little vacation log cabin in central WI for sale in early May? We didn't have any lookers at first, but finally in July, people started looking. We had two couples look and they both made an offer.
At the same time we listed the cabin for sale, we had contracted to buy a lake house in northern WI. The house actually was originally my husband's grandparents. Some other couple has owned it for the last 20 years though. My DH and all his family have such good memories from their time there. Unfortunately/fortunately the house is in bad shape but structurally it's sound. (If it wasn't in bad shape and on the market for 2 tears we couldn't afford it.)
Anyway, we must be crazy to trade our cute log cabin for "the smelly vacation house" as we call it! But the location is amazing and in a year after we pour a lot of work into it, it will be great!

We're moving all our stuff out of the cabin on Monday and closing on the houses before this big trip!
Old 08-10-2013, 07:42 PM   #57
blessedby3

Awwww....he is a cutie! I love his hair...so sweet Sounds like your life is in crazy mode. Cant wait to read all about the trip. We just got back from Hilton Head Island, SC today and I am so looking forward to our next WDW vacation next June. I really need to get planning that and booking somewhere to stay!
Old 08-18-2013, 09:22 AM   #58
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedby3 View Post
Awwww....he is a cutie! I love his hair...so sweet Sounds like your life is in crazy mode. Cant wait to read all about the trip. We just got back from Hilton Head Island, SC today and I am so looking forward to our next WDW vacation next June. I really need to get planning that and booking somewhere to stay!

Thank you!

Hope you had a great vacation! Yep, time to start planning next for next June!
Old 08-18-2013, 09:48 AM   #59
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

We've finally kicked our Disney preparations into high gear around here! I made 11 t-shirts yesterday and have 24 left to go. But my printer won't pick up the light transfer paper, so DH says time to get a new printer anyway. I hope the new one will pick it up.

We're making FE gifts for our Disney cruise today too. For those uninitiated, FE stands for Fish Extender. There are fish shaped clips next to every cabin door on the Disney cruise ships and people hang bags usually nicely decorated with a pocket for each person in the cabin and these are called fish extenders. Then through social media like these DISboards you join a group that exchanges gifts by delivering to your FE.

We burned CDs with various Disney music from movies, rides, etc. and made a customized CD case cover for it. That is the gift we're passing out. I'll post a pic when I get time. So today we are burning 47 CDs and printing, cutting, and inserting the cover. It turned out well, if I say so myself! Hope people like them!

But the most EXCITING news is that we get to use Magic Bands and fast pass plus on our trip! Our bands are already customized and on their way. I still have to pick out our fast passes. It's cool that we get to test it out, but I am also worried about wasting a bunch of time working out the kinks. I guess since we have 10 days at WDW it's a great time to be slowed down.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:00 PM   #60
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Well, we leave tomorrow! I'm finishing printing my magnets right now and still have to jam our suitcases closed! I intend to do a REAL trip report when I return! I'll be much better at that than this pre-trippie, I promise! My DH blogs while we are gone, so I just add pictures and my commentary when we get back!
See you September 15th!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: