Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2013, 07:42 AM   #1
PelletierBears
Mouseketeer

Graduation trip - Disney Cruise or DIsney World?

Opinions wanted!

My daughter and some friends are talking about taking a graduation trip next year. At first they talked about Disney World - staying on site, water parks & more tickets, dining plan, etc. One of the girls now wants to go on a cruise (probably Disney).
I've never been on a cruise so I can only go by my impressions. I did go on the Disney Cruise site last night to check out the acivities on board. They'll all be 18 by the time they go so would not be allowed in the teen areas. I can't imagine them hanging out in the adult clubs though! And my daughter would be bored sitting by the pool for 4 days.
We all know the options at WDW! The theme parks, water parks, disney quest, mini-golf, downtown disney, etc. I just feel like my DD and her bff would have so much more fuin at wdw.
Having said that, it's completely their choice! I just want to help them explore each option with an open mind.

I priced both packages and the cruise is more money for a shorter trip. There were only 3 or 4 day options for June of 2014. They could stay for 10 days at a mod resort for a couple hundred dollars more!
I mentioned the Land and Sea package to my DD so maybe that will be the compromise. Am I wrong about the cruise...is there more for 18 year olds than I think?

So what are your opinions...If you had to pick one for a senior trip, Disney Cruide or WDW?

Thanks!

1982 - offsite, 1996 - offsite, May 2001 - AKL, June 2006 - WL, June 2007 - WL, July 2008 - WL, June 2009 -Split stay: Pirate rm CBR & Poly Club Level!, December 2010 -Split stay: POP & WL, June 2012 - Split stay: CSR & WL, January 2014 - Split stay: AKL Club level & Poly, January 2015 - AKL Club level
PelletierBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:41 AM   #2
expeditioneverestgrl
DIS Veteran

Everywhere is Magical <3

Everywhere is magical! Disney will do something for every special occasion! Both are great, I know (I haven't been on a Disney Cruise, but I will in Nov. 2013 and I know it will be magical). So, wherever you go, it will be magical and they will do something special.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:57 AM   #3
diskar2
Mouseketeer

I am 17 and if I had a choice I would pick the disney cruise. I went on a 10 day last year it its was probably the best vacation, and we also went to Disneyland for 4 days. There are cruises that stop and let you go to the parks with the tickets already payed for By the cruise. The cruise is fun at any age and there is so much to do, they will never be bored!!
You can go wrong with what you pick either way you will have fun!

diskar2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: