Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2013, 06:18 AM   #1
Mandersons04
Mouseketeer

MCO Check In

Now that they've stopped the MCO check in for the cruise, what time do they open now? It used to be 8:30 (or a little before). But now I'm not sure. We'd like to be on the first bus that leaves. I'm toooo excited!!!!

December 2010 - MVMCP
October 2011 - Disney Dream Bahamian and MNSSHP
September 2012 - Disney Magic Canada
March 2013 - Disney Fantasy Western
December 2014 - Disney Fantasy Eastern and MVMCP
Mandersons04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:33 AM   #2
robhawk
DIS Veteran

Last week they were not accepting anyone before 9am. We were in the lobby at 830. We sat by the queue in comfy chairs. The CM came by several times before 9am to keep us informed.
At 9 we lined up and they checked our documents in the blue book and off we went. There were enough people there to fill the first bus but very orderly!
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2013, 07:38 AM   #3
sdflipside
Earning My Ears

We were there two weeks ago. We were in line before 8 along with several others. If you are staying at the Hyatt, they still offer the bag pick up in your room. We opted to bring down ourselves. You will need to have your cruise book out for verification purposes, but rather simple.

We got out in first bus, which left by 9. We were the first bus that arrived at port, and so we were in second boarding for the ship. We were on the ship by 11:30.
sdflipside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:23 PM   #4
jtkboston
Scheming to book another cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdflipside

We got out in first bus, which left by 9. We were the first bus that arrived at port, and so we were in second boarding for the ship. We were on the ship by 11:30.
What was your port arrival time? Does PAT matter for DCL transfers now [with no checkin at MCO], or not?
Old 03-02-2013, 08:28 PM   #5
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtkboston View Post
What was your port arrival time? Does PAT matter for DCL transfers now [with no checkin at MCO], or not?
The PAT only matters in that your actual boarding number is tied to whatever your PAT is. The earlier your PAT, the lower your boarding number.

You will enter the terminal whenever your DCL transfers get you there, but your boarding number will be the same regardless if you arrive earlier or later than your actual PAT.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:05 PM   #6
sdflipside
Earning My Ears

Because I was using Disney transfers (I was told) I did not have a PAT.
sdflipside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:19 PM   #7
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
The PAT only matters in that your actual boarding number is tied to whatever your PAT is. The earlier your PAT, the lower your boarding number.

You will enter the terminal whenever your DCL transfers get you there, but your boarding number will be the same regardless if you arrive earlier or later than your actual PAT.
if i'm understanding what your saying I think its wrong. if your taking dcl tf it doesn't matter what your pat time is and it is not tied in anyway to the number you get.
this was the way it was on our last cruise and its what others have reported so don't worry about your pat if your doing dcl tf. you will get the number that is the current number when you check in at port. it will not be linked to pat.
tinkerone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:43 AM   #8
robhawk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerone View Post
if i'm understanding what your saying I think its wrong. if your taking dcl tf it doesn't matter what your pat time is and it is not tied in anyway to the number you get.
this was the way it was on our last cruise and its what others have reported so don't worry about your pat if your doing dcl tf. you will get the number that is the current number when you check in at port. it will not be linked to pat.
This has changed since they did away with MCO Check-in. Your PAT does not affect when you get to port. You will be allowed in when your DCL bus arrives in Port Canaveral. But...

Your PAT is tied to your boarding number. We had an 11am PAT which gave us a boarding number 4. If you have a PAT of say 1230pm, your boarding number will be much higher. You will not be allowed to board until your number is called! So you could be sitting there for quite a while.

There were several people on our first bus that had boarding numbers of 18 & 19. Needless to say they were not happy!
Old 03-03-2013, 10:29 AM   #9
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robhawk View Post
This has changed since they did away with MCO Check-in. Your PAT does not affect when you get to port. You will be allowed in when your DCL bus arrives in Port Canaveral. But...

Your PAT is tied to your boarding number. We had an 11am PAT which gave us a boarding number 4. If you have a PAT of say 1230pm, your boarding number will be much higher. You will not be allowed to board until your number is called! So you could be sitting there for quite a while.

There were several people on our first bus that had boarding numbers of 18 & 19. Needless to say they were not happy!
i'm just saying this was not our experience. there was no check in at mco so it didn't have anything to do with that. maybe this changes with the cm, I don't know, however our pat had nothing to do with our numbers. ours was a two pat but our number was four. no one on our bus seemed unhappy.
lets see if others chime in. see how it was with them. could be we all just had a really good day and got lucky.
i'm curious now.
tinkerone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:50 AM   #10
robhawk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerone View Post
i'm just saying this was not our experience. there was no check in at mco so it didn't have anything to do with that. maybe this changes with the cm, I don't know, however our pat had nothing to do with our numbers. ours was a two pat but our number was four. no one on our bus seemed unhappy.
lets see if others chime in. see how it was with them. could be we all just had a really good day and got lucky.
i'm curious now.
I am glad that it worked out for you!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: