Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2013, 07:26 PM   #16
Ellester
DIS Veteran

I have a Nook Color that I really like. My 4 year old can navigate it easily and I have several apps for her to use. A few weeks ago she managed to buy two new apps all on her own, so now I have to put password protection on purchases! It's amazing what the little ones can figure out of their own! She got a Leapad 2 for Christmas and that has been great keeping her busy on car trips, at the doctor's office, at her siblings music lessons, etc. It's hers alone so I can actually use my Nook to read sometimes! She has several apps and a few videos that she loves. She got a special Disney Princess themed one so she feels really special! It's pretty darn sturdy too. She did break the Nook USB cable (which are notoriously delicate) trying to pull it out once.
Ellester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:14 AM   #17
Mom323
Founding member of FOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellester View Post
I have a Nook Color that I really like. My 4 year old can navigate it easily and I have several apps for her to use. A few weeks ago she managed to buy two new apps all on her own, so now I have to put password protection on purchases! It's amazing what the little ones can figure out of their own! She got a Leapad 2 for Christmas and that has been great keeping her busy on car trips, at the doctor's office, at her siblings music lessons, etc. It's hers alone so I can actually use my Nook to read sometimes! She has several apps and a few videos that she loves. She got a special Disney Princess themed one so she feels really special! It's pretty darn sturdy too. She did break the Nook USB cable (which are notoriously delicate) trying to pull it out once.
My Nook coloris 2 years old. I've broken my cable as well.
Mom323 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2013, 10:30 AM   #18
JennandJaryd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPPER11986
I have also have a new Kindle Fire and love it. The only draw back to not having an iPad is there are not many Disney apps but I have all of those on my iPod touch so the kids play with that too when they want the Disney apps.
This was my fear. I found the same problem when I replaced my iphone with a galaxy. Apps were seriously lacking. The kindle fire monthly service is nice but in reality most of those apps listed are free anyway. I could add cell service to the Ipad for $10 a month as I hsve an ATT family plan. Still thinking...no purcha se yet
Old 03-03-2013, 10:47 AM   #19
Mom323
Founding member of FOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennandJaryd View Post
This was my fear. I found the same problem when I replaced my iphone with a galaxy. Apps were seriously lacking. The kindle fire monthly service is nice but in reality most of those apps listed are free anyway. I could add cell service to the Ipad for $10 a month as I hsve an ATT family plan. Still thinking...no purcha se yet
I have the nook color and iPad. I can download books from my nook and amazon to my iPad. I also use iBooks. I shop for the cheapest price.
Mom323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:13 PM   #20
mbrocker
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennandJaryd View Post
We gave my son the Kindle fire 1st generation. Save the $50 and use a small part of it to buy the apps your child would like. I thought of upgrading my fire due to the new childrens subscription service .. but like you didn't see any that my boys would really be into. They do however love a number of them that cost me somewhere between $1 and $3 a piece.
mbrocker is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: