Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2013, 11:52 PM   #1
ellie'smom
Mouseketeer

It costs how much?

WOW ! Just looked at the prices for Narcoossee. I'm suffering from sticker shock. How can anyone with a couple of kids afford to eat there while on vacation. Seriously,4 meals with tip and tax is easily the price of 4 one day tickets.
ellie'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:58 PM   #2
dp911
Mouseketeer

It is worth it. I love it for a couples only date night, but have taken my kids and the food is delicious. I live in NY so their prices aren't any higher than us eating in NYC.
dp911 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2013, 11:59 PM   #3
Polydweller
DIS Veteran

Well, apparently lots can because its always packed. It's a signature restaurant in the GF. It's no surprise that there are three high end restaurants at the GF. GF is aimed at people who are willing to pay top rate for rooms, restaurants and everything else.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:32 AM   #4
wdwfan22
Totally Obsessed Disney Nut!

I don't think I would pay out of pocket. But I think it is worth 2 dining credits if you are one the dining plan.

Disneyland - 1968 - 1982 - too many times to count; June 1984; June 1986; summer 1991; summer 1993; July 6 - 11 2003; November 11 - 20 2010; April 29 - May 3 2011; Feb 3 - 8 2012
Disney World - February 1983; August 1988; April 29 - May 9 1999; Nov 30 - Dec 10 2001; Jan 3 -12 2007; Dec 9 - 21 2008; Dec 2 - 8 2009; Sep 30 - Oct 9 2012: Jan 2 - 12 2014
Disneyland - Jan 3 - 13 2015 Yea!!
wdwfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:43 AM   #5
RedfromNL
Mouseketeer

That's why we won't be eating there
Just a litttle too much. We have booked three meals in two weeks, rest will be counterservice or eating out of Disney on a few short trips we have planned.
But I guess it's also what you choose to spend your money on.

For us (esp. in Epcot of course) there are so many places to eat nicely for less.

PLUS we will just have spend a week on the Queen Mary II crossing the atlantic from the UK to New York. They serve seriously good food there and after a whole week of that....
RedfromNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:06 AM   #6
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

I guess being from NY/long Island we are used to prices like that. Disney prices are on par with prices at home. We love Narcoosee's. The whole maine loster is to die for!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:13 AM   #7
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
I guess being from NY/long Island we are used to prices like that. Disney prices are on par with prices at home. We love Narcoosee's. The whole maine loster is to die for!
I'm from Australia and the prices are similar here too. When people comment on how expensive food is at Disney, compared to our restaurants, they're cheap.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:19 AM   #8
mickeysbestfriend
DIS Veteran

We tried it once

and although the food was good, it was not any better than other places we have eaten at for half the price. We had a table with a view of wishes but people going ourside to watch blocked our view

The sad part was that we were still hungry when we finished dinner( the portions are small) and ended up at McD's in DTD later in the evening.

We typically don't do Signatures because of the price/value relationship.

DVC owner-Old Key West
Stockholder
Annual pass holder
TIW member (hate the name)

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...wtac9ku7u8.png
mickeysbestfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:37 AM   #9
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Some people enjoy meals like that so they plan and save for them.

While I have not been to this specific restaurant, I have done it in the past for other signature meals. To us, it is worth it and we find value in it.

As for portion sizes... I have found that signatures are more likely to have "correct" portions of foods then other restaurants. Other places serve way more then a single portion should be.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:51 AM   #10
disneychic
DIS Veteran

It is one of our favorites, so even if we are not on the DDP it is worth the cost to us. Vacation is about splurging for us, & since we don't have the opportunity to eat there when we aren't on vacation we don't mind the cost. Also, As others have mentioned when you live in the NY/NJ area you are used to paying similar prices (if not more) to dine out.
disneychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #11
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

I have to agree with some of the other posters. I don't find the prices at most of the WDW sigantures to be excessive when compared with other cities and international tourist destinations. When we are on vacation, dining is an important part of our experience and we budget accordingly. As for portion size- I've never left a signature hungry. But I don't leave stuffed either. I much prefer the "normal" portion sizes, especially when we want a multicourse meal.

For the PP who will be travelling on the Queen Mary- after almost a week of the wonderful meals that you will be having, you're probably wise to pass on most of the WDW signatures- I guarantee you would probably be disappointed.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:18 PM   #12
Art 1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie'smom View Post
WOW ! Just looked at the prices for Narcoossee. I'm suffering from sticker shock. How can anyone with a couple of kids afford to eat there while on vacation. Seriously,4 meals with tip and tax is easily the price of 4 one day tickets.
They earn good money and just pay.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:42 PM   #13
rizzo0904
Mouseketeer

I live in NH and there is no way I'd pay $65 for a 2lb Maine lobster...that is nuts! I can get them for about $7 lb here.

As for the menu in general, people prioritize their money differently. I'd rather spend $200 on one nice meal rather than take my family to Applebees 5 times. With that being said, I'm not doing any signature meals at Disney. Just not my cup of tea.
rizzo0904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:44 PM   #14
ellie'smom
Mouseketeer

I also live in NYC, and yes have paid a lot for a special meal. None the less the prices did surprise me. Our family goes to Disney yearly and have done many of the Signature restaurants, still.... Regardless we have booked a table and plan to dine there.
ellie'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:12 PM   #15
princess aleya
DIS Veteran

Dining out while on vacation for us is huge part of the experience for us. So we budget accordingly to do the things we want.

princess aleya is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: