Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #1
Big Vic
DIS Veteran

Race Reports/Encouragement/Kudos - 2 and 3 March

Saturday, 2 March

2 dragitoff () Albany Half Marathon
2 - RunRookie (Rick) Little Rock Marathon, Little Rock, AR

Sunday, 3 March

3 - dumbo_Buddy (Nancy) Coogans Annual Salsa, Blues and Shamrocks 5K, NYC

GO! WISH Team GO!

Last edited by Big Vic; 03-08-2013 at 08:51 AM.
Big Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:01 AM   #2
RunRookie
DIS Veteran

The Little Rock Marathon was a fantastic race! I took the Early Start option so the race started at 6:00am for me. It was dark and 29F. Brrr!!! But what a blast! The course is challenging but fun and WELL Supported! I followed my plan pretty well, even feeling great at Mile 20. I did not hit the wall at all during this race, which was a first for me.

I did, however, experience some pain in my right hip at mile 23.5 which hurt enough to force me to walk for 2 miles. But luckily, I was able to run the last .5 mile to the Finish Line. Man, the medal is HUGE at 8 inches wide and 2.75lbs! I am not kidding! But I wore it proudly (for at least 10 minutes before it got too heavy)!

I became a Marathon Maniac qualified with this race so that was exciting also! So yet another WISHer joins the ranks of both the Half Fanatics and Marathon Maniacs! WooHoo!

Another WISHer, Susie Capehart, ran the Half and we got to hang out before and after the race. It is always nice to see fellow WISHers on the course. I also had a woman come up to me during the race and ask me "Aren't you a WISHer? I see you all the time!" I usually wear my WISH shirt at races but I wore a "Marathon Show" jersey at this race. It was cool that someone recognized me as a WISHer without the shirt!

I highly recommend this race! And it is billed as both runner and walker friendly!

Full race report is HERE
Half Fanatic #1852 and Marathon Maniac #6743
My Blog: My Journey to Healthy Living

2014: Los Angeles Marathon | Penguin in the Park 5K | Carmel Marathon | Illinois Mini I-Challenge 5K & 10K | Wisconsin Marathon | Ragnar Relay Chicago 197M | RnR Chicago 5K | RnR Chicago Half Marathon | Crystal Lake Half Marathon
2013: WDW Family 5K | WDW Goofy Challenge | Surf City Marathon | Little Rock Marathon | Penguin in the Park 5K | Cherry Blossom 10M | Flying Pig 3-Way Challenge (5K/10K/Half) | Soldier Field 10M | Chicago RnR Half | Biggest Loser 15K | Howl at the Moon Ultra 50K | Dumbo Double Dare (10K/Half) | Crystal Lake Half | Heritage Haul Half | Fox Valley Half | Marine Corps Marathon | Strides for Hunger 5K | Space Coast Half

Disney Trips: Disneyland 1972-1978, Disney World 2000/2007/2012/2013, Disney Cruises 2003/2005, Disneyland 2008/2013

Last edited by RunRookie; 03-11-2013 at 01:39 PM.
RunRookie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: