Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2013, 01:09 PM   #16
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

I own DVC at BWV, stayed there many times. Never thought of it as as "circus atmosphere". I think of it as a "by the shore" atmosphere. The hotel itself never seems busy, the boardwalk does get crowded at night but I've never had a problem with it. The festive atmosphere in the evening is actually what attracted me to it and continues to.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:34 PM   #17
fcole12369
Earning My Ears

My family didn't like BW because it lacked the food court and we had the quick service dining plan which couldn't be used there except for a snack. We had to go back to the parks just to eat dinner. The resort itself is nice otherwise. Some rooms are an incredibly long walk from the front desk area.
fcole12369 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2013, 01:48 PM   #18
Mickey'sApprentice
Shamelessly demand, it works better
DIS Veteran

The boardwalk decor is a bit more busy or loud. the Beach Club decor is more sedate. However, there are more people running around the lobby at the Beach Club.

I love everything about the Boardwalk. I love walking around Crescent Lake. I love the porch overlooking Crescent Lake near the lobby. I love the lobby. Its very whimsical.

I agree about parking. Grand Floridian self parking is MUCH worse.
Apr '92 Off Property (Honeymoon): Dec '94, Feb '02 CR: Jan '05 WL/POR: Nov '06, Jan '09 HHI: Apr '07: First Trip "Home" to BWV: Jan '08: BWV, Mar '09: POR/BWV: Jan. '10 POR/AKV (Jambo), July '10: POFQ/BCV: Dec '10 AKV (Kidani)/POR:Sep. '11 POR/BWV, Jan '12: POP, Apr '12: POR/BWV, Jan '13: Conference/WL, Jul "13:POR. Dec '13: DOL/BLT 40th B-day Trip Report
Mickey'sApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:23 PM   #19
Fall1
DIS Veteran

OP here, we have stayed at the BC (and LOVE it), but never BW. Do you find it loud when you are in the room, due to the activities going on on the Boardwalk outside? Thanks!
Upcoming December 2014 BCV
me DH DS 6 DD 6

Fall1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:56 PM   #20
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey'sApprentice View Post
...I love everything about the Boardwalk. I love walking around Crescent Lake. I love the porch overlooking Crescent Lake near the lobby. I love the lobby. Its very whimsical...
How about those chairs, though? Do you know the ones I am talking about?

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:59 PM   #21
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
These:

Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:04 PM   #22
Iowa Hawkeye
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill

The ones with the faces on them? My wife loves those chairs. I have looked for chairs like that to buy for her but have not had any luck. I did find a birdbath that had a similar design for her.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:09 PM   #23
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

We spent 10 nights in a deluxe CL room at BW in Dec. We absolutely fell in love with the hotel & staff. Our room overlooking Crescent Lake was perfection. The noise from the BW was never enough to bother us even with the crowds during the holidays.

The lobby was always peaceful (again, this even with the holidays and other guests coming to see the Gingerbread house).

The hallways were long, but it always seemed to be a quick walk.

During the colder weather, you would occasionally find a street performer just off the lobby.

We didnt get to spend a whole lot of time at the pools, but the time we did, we very much enjoyed.

BW Bakery was delish and convenient.

Enjoyable walk to HS & Epcot.

I could go on and on why we loved BW. We actually were booked for this mid Oct at WL, but upon returning home in late Dec, we changed our booking to go back to BW since we loved it so much!

BW is our new home
Old 03-02-2013, 05:13 PM   #24
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbv7 View Post
Yes I realize that the BW has a circus theme. The poster meant a circus like atmosphere in a derogatory way - as to hectic, busy, chaotic, etc.
I still stand by my original comment - the BW lobby is by far quieter and more relaxed the the Poly, BC. WL, GF or the Contemporary.
Your interpretation of the PP intent.
Personally, I think you misinterpreted and you were pretty sarcastic in your response.

I love the Epcot resorts area. I am a DVC owner at BCV and love it there. This is slighlty closer to Epcot than the BW resorts. But BW is clearly closer to DHS and it is a great central location. I have stayed at both and I have loved both.
The difference between BWI and BWV is that BWV is a DVC resort. The studio rooms will have 1 bed, a sofa bed and a kitchenette with a sink, small refrigerator and microwave. With the sofa folded up during the day, you have more room in the Villa. If you are looking at 1 bedroom and larger Villas they are great.
Have Fun
Old 03-02-2013, 05:14 PM   #25
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall1 View Post
OP here, we have stayed at the BC (and LOVE it), but never BW. Do you find it loud when you are in the room, due to the activities going on on the Boardwalk outside? Thanks!
We stayed in a dlx CL room just over BW Bakery (3rd floor) and other than the occasional horn from the boats, we didnt hear much noise from the BW. We were there Dec 18-28, so there were definately crowds out there towards the end of the trip. When we were in our room, we typically had the balcony doors open or we were out on the balcony to enjoy the view.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:41 PM   #26
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall1
We just stayed in a BW view studio just above Big River Grill and you could hear noise from the Boardwalk below only when we were out on the balcony or if we had the door open.

Otherwise, we couldn't hear a peep.

We have stayed at both BCV and BWV and you can't go wrong with either. Both resorts are gorgeous, with lots to explore. I love how peaceful the Boardwalk feels during the morning and afternoon, but it totally comes alive at night. And I love being between the two parks so we can walk to both very easily.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:35 PM   #27
Denise W
Boardwalk DVC Member

We have owned DVC at the Boardwalk since 1998 and have stayed there at least once a year since then. We always have a rental car and have never had to park anywhere other than the front lots. We have always taken the bus to Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom and have never had any issues. Since we always stay in a Boardwalk view room, it is faster for us to get off the bus at the Swan when it comes back from the parks, but we are always the first stop on the way to the parks.

We love walking or taking the boats to the Studios and Epcot. There are so many food choices in the area with 5 hotels, 2 parks and the Boardwalk itself that we have never had a problem finding food.

The clown face on the pool has never bothered us and we don't even notice it anymore. The two quiet pools are very nice and usually not crowded.

The noise from the Boardwalk has never bothered us, and we have stayed in rooms on floors 2-5. There are 2 different staircases in that hallway so you don't need to go all the way to the elevator.

A lot of people on here have told about bad experiences with parking, the buses, noise, etc, but in about 18 visits, we have never encountered any of them.

Denise
Denise W is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: