Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 06:39 PM   #1
victoriousnw
Earning My Ears

Trying to Decide on a Resort-Please help

I booked the Little Mermaid room at Art of Animation before the spring special offers came out. I was able to get a 10% room only AAA discount, but it can't be changed to a package with that discount. I recently looked at the packages(hotel, dining plan, & tix) for the Moderates and there isn't a huge increase to get the Moderate package rather than a la carte expenses with Little Mermaid. So I'm trying to decide between Coronado Springs and the Caribbean Beach for my 4 year old son and I. I've seen mixed reviews for both on Trip Advisor. Any suggestions on which Moderate to choose or stay put at Art of Animation would be appreciated.
victoriousnw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:46 PM   #2
Kae
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by victoriousnw View Post
I booked the Little Mermaid room at Art of Animation before the spring special offers came out. I was able to get a 10% room only AAA discount, but it can't be changed to a package with that discount. I recently looked at the packages(hotel, dining plan, & tix) for the Moderates and there isn't a huge increase to get the Moderate package rather than a la carte expenses with Little Mermaid. So I'm trying to decide between Coronado Springs and the Caribbean Beach for my 4 year old son and I. I've seen mixed reviews for both on Trip Advisor. Any suggestions on which Moderate to choose or stay put at Art of Animation would be appreciated.
If you would be happier with dining pre paid for then I would change to a pkg. AoA looks like a great resort. Out of CSR & CBR I would choose CBR looks like alot of fun. CBR has larger rooms(largest of the Mods), hot tub & Table service dining.

Kae
Oct 1999-POFQ May 1996-AS Music May 1994-Travel Lodge DTD Dec 1971-Contemporary
DisneyLand-March 2006
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2013, 07:29 PM   #3
tink70
Just keep swimming.....

I'm a huge fan of CSR. I always try to get the casita area, the fountains are so pretty, and relaxing after a long day at the park.
It's a huge resort though, lots of walking to pool, etc. but the pool is wonderful, slide is long, and there is a huge hot tub.
Buses haven't been bad since its a convention resort, not everyone is using the buses. Haven't stayed at CBR, can't get away from the fountains. It's my favorite modate. But the mermaid rooms look fun too....
Honestly I also don't think a dining package is worth it, especially for a kid.
It just isn't that good anymore, I feel as though I save not getting it,
Good luck on your decision!

6/2013- Dolphin -Girl Trip Again!
6/2012 - Animal Kingdom Lodge- Girl trip!
12/2010 - Disney Wonder 3 day Cruise
10/2008 - Coronado Springs
11/2006 - Coronado Springs
5/2005 - Magic, Eastern
10/2003 - Polynesian
10/2000 - Dixie Landings
9/1999 - Polynesian
2/1991 - Offsite
6/1987 - Offsite
tink70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:45 PM   #4
FantasiaMagic
DIS Veteran

Hello!!

From the information I have heard - CBR is the only mod that does not have queen beds - but doubles.

I would stay at CSR bc I hear

-queen beds
-good food court
-great pool/slide
-nice atmosphere
ect...

AKV Kidani August 2012 TR: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2975354

FantasiaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:07 PM   #5
twinboysmom
DIS Veteran

My boys are just a bit younger than your child but we enjoyed our stay by far more at CBR than we did at CSR. CSR is lovely and if our kids were older or if it was just adults it would be our top moderate choice. The rooms are not very "Disney" but rather more like a very nice hotel. Also, the resort just felt more adult to us. CBR has the better pool for younger children. It is zero entry, has two slides (CSR had one that is quick and long) that most 4 years can handle, and a great kids play area (it had multiple small slides and water features, is gated, and has an enforced height limit of 48"). CSR has a wading pool for little ones. We were disappointed to say the least. The Nemo themed rooms are also a plus. We also had equal bus service at both. I heard CSR had better bus service but that certainly was not our experience. I haven't stayed at AoA yet but it does look like a lot of fun. Happy planning.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:49 PM   #6
dminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
CBR has larger rooms(largest of the Mods), hot tub & Table service dining.
Actually both CBR and CSR have hot tub a and table service dining. We're looking forward to staying at CSR for the first time later this month and we have stayed at CBR. At least looking at the pictures of it, I'd say for a 4 year old, CBR might be more appealing. The pool at CBR really looked great for little kid and the theming in the rooms might appeal to him. You might want to also consider if the double beds at CBR would be ok for your family. Another option is POR...queen beds and a murphy bed for the little one.
All these mod resorts are large. Whichever one you pick, you might want to look at the map for it and request a room in a building that would work for you considering which amenities you're likely to use and which bus stop would work best for you.
dminnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: