Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2013, 03:28 PM   #1
nchulka
it was funny when the creepy guys would follow close to them and then pull their chainsaws

Melting Pot with kids

I'm wondering if anyone takes kids to the Melting Pot? I've only been once and it seemed like it was only adults. DD really wants to go for her 11th birthday. It would be me, DH, DD and DS9. When DH and I went we shared the cheese fondue, each got a salad, and shared the chocolate dessert. We were both stuffed and couldn't imagine eating a main course. DD and DS both do not like salads, but they love shrimp. Is it possible that while DH and I each ate our salads, DD & DS could share one entree of shrimp?? I'm sure that would probably seem strange to the server, but would it work?? Everyone will love the cheese and chocolate.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:39 PM   #2
robinb
DIS Veteran

I brought my DD to the Melting Pot when she was about 11. She really enjoyed the cheese and chocolate fondue. They do have a children's menu for kids 12 and under: http://www.meltingpot.com/userfiles/...drens-Menu.pdf
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2013, 03:44 PM   #3
lovemygoofy
Man I shot myself in the foot
I got new moves and everything ready for some serious tips
No, in case you ever wondered, golf carts can't float
Loved by many!

You should call your local melting pot and see if they have a children's menu. We have been to a couple melting pots that do have a children's menu and some that do not.

Also you should ask about the children sharing an entree because I would think you would have to get the big entree to share not just a simple entree. There could be a plate fee for sharing so make sure to ask about that as well.

Love doesn't make the world go around, it makes the ride worthwhile...
lovemygoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:53 PM   #4
nchulka
it was funny when the creepy guys would follow close to them and then pull their chainsaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
I brought my DD to the Melting Pot when she was about 11. She really enjoyed the cheese and chocolate fondue. They do have a children's menu for kids 12 and under: http://www.meltingpot.com/userfiles/...drens-Menu.pdf
Thank you so much, that will be perfect!
Old 03-01-2013, 03:57 PM   #5
violetrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchulka View Post
I'm wondering if anyone takes kids to the Melting Pot? I've only been once and it seemed like it was only adults. DD really wants to go for her 11th birthday. It would be me, DH, DD and DS9. When DH and I went we shared the cheese fondue, each got a salad, and shared the chocolate dessert. We were both stuffed and couldn't imagine eating a main course. DD and DS both do not like salads, but they love shrimp. Is it possible that while DH and I each ate our salads, DD & DS could share one entree of shrimp?? I'm sure that would probably seem strange to the server, but would it work?? Everyone will love the cheese and chocolate.
It's not strange at all. Those entrees are way too much for me, let alone a 9 year old child. We always split entrees at The Melting Pot. If my family of 5 goes we'll get 3 entrees along with the salad, fondue and desert.

Your kids are the perfect age to start enjoying fondue. Any younger I'd say might be too young, especially if they are the type of kids who have a hard time sitting still. My sister brought her son once when we took our Mom out one year on her birthday, he was about 5 or 6 and way too squirmy. None of us could enjoy ourselves worrying he was going to burn himself on those hot fondue pots. But 9 I would think would be fine. Have fun!

violetrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:39 PM   #6
cntrygal
DIS Veteran

I did my daughters 9th birthday party there it was her and3 friends. they loved it itwas a ton of fun

me
DS 22
DD 12

first trip Nov 2006 all stars music
cancelled trip nov 07 - long story
nov 08 - all stars music
Surprise BDay Trip Jan 11 - Pop
cntrygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:03 PM   #7
Wendy31
DIS Veteran

I invited the ladies in our family for a "Divas Dessert" Party for our DD's 12th bday, & the 4 girls (ages 12, 11, 9, & 6) sat together at their own table. Granted it was just dessert, but they really enjoyed it. Our reservation was at 2:00 pm, & everyone had a fun time!

(DH) (me) (DD, 14years) (DS, 12 years) (DS, 4 years)
Wendy31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:08 PM   #8
aprilgail2
Ikea- Swedish for CRAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemygoofy View Post
Also you should ask about the children sharing an entree because I would think you would have to get the big entree to share not just a simple entree. There could be a plate fee for sharing so make sure to ask about that as well.
My daughter and I share an entree all the time- we order one order of chicken, I eat the salad, she eats the chicken, I eat the mushroom and brocolli and we both eat the potato. I had her 10th birthday party there too!
Old 03-01-2013, 05:09 PM   #9
crz4mm2
Most of the time I just sit and scratch my head...

I have only been one time. The waitress was soooo helpful telling us what to order. There were four adults btw.

It was a great (expensive) experience!

crz4mm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:19 PM   #10
Janepod
The new dinning plan is out. Need to get those ressies in!

Always full of kids near us.
Janepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:58 PM   #11
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

My kids love going. The first time we took the kids dd was 8 and ds was 4.

Go! Y'all will have a great time.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:03 AM   #12
nchulka

Thank you all so much for your help. I'm feeling much better about her choice now I'm really looking forward to it! It's kind of nice that she is growing up and liking more adult things, maybe this means my days of birthdays at Chuck E cheese are over
Old 03-02-2013, 11:02 AM   #13
RadioNate
DIS Veteran

Our local Melting Pot has a "kids nite out" time. I think it is Sunday afternoon and evening.

I'd look into that. I wouldn't take kids on a Friday or Saturday "date" night. I've never seen kids there then.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #14
marcyinPA
I'll never forget the strong, pungent smell of Noxema!
I was such a fashion disaster!!

My boys love it there. We go every Christmas Eve. We always split entrees. We went for Father's Day/ my birthday one year, and we got 2 Big Night Out's and split them 4 ways. It was plenty of food. Worked out really well.
6/08- We're Cruisin' (NCL
Spirit) for my BIG 4-0!,
6/09- WL (celebrating my birthday with Mickey!)
,2/11- POP
marcyinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:04 PM   #15
Dish
Mouseketeer

I love Melting Pot too.

Like someone said before me, they have menu's from kids, yet they have coupons too. But I am not sure if all Melting Pots have childrens menu's.

The place I go, is full of kids most of the time.
Dish is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: