Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2013, 09:44 AM   #91
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisymomof4 View Post
Eeek! This thread keeps getting better and better! lol, can hardly wait for your vacation, ladies Updates here and in Barb's thread makes me really happy!

Emmebear, I think we have that same umbrella around here...now I have to hunt it down and take a look at poor Aurora, lol. I've never really looked at it before, but my DD's face lights up just like Emme's when she opens it up!

Thank you for the reply! I can't believe we leave Thursday afternoon. Fingers crossed for Rachel as they are expecting lots of snow. pixie dust needed!

It's going to be a fantastic trip.

Please let me know if your aurora is a hot mess too. Ha ha!

I'm surprising emme with these 2 shirts that were created by Disboard member fruto76. Her etsy shop is: mymark custom

Soooo cute! Emme's going to be over the moon!
emmebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:38 PM   #92
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Yeah winter storm Waldo is threatening my plans! How dare she. We are supposed to get 6 inches of snow starting tomorrow and tapering off Thursday am. The winter storm warning is gone Thursday at 1pm and I leave at 11:20 am. Lets hope I can leave on time!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2013, 02:41 PM   #93
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Yeah winter storm Waldo is threatening my plans! How dare she. We are supposed to get 6 inches of snow starting tomorrow and tapering off Thursday am. The winter storm warning is gone Thursday at 1pm and I leave at 11:20 am. Lets hope I can leave on time!
If it makes you feel any better the storm is not as bad here in Denver as they predicted. Hopefully it continues to lessen by the time it gets to you!

Jill in CO
Old 04-09-2013, 05:41 PM   #94
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
If it makes you feel any better the storm is not as bad here in Denver as they predicted. Hopefully it continues to lessen by the time it gets to you!

Jill in CO
I sure hope so but I just checked the weather and it is predicted to get worse now.

I checked Denver flights that were cancelled today and three were cancelled to Orlando.

it just sucks because it is a short trip to begin with and I want to make the most of my time.

If Southwest issues a travel advisory for Minneapolis I can change with no fee so I will change to tomorrow night.

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 04-09-2013, 05:58 PM   #95
jedijill

Quote:
I sure hope so but I just checked the weather and it is predicted to get worse now.

I checked Denver flights that were cancelled today and three were cancelled to Orlando.

it just sucks because it is a short trip to begin with and I want to make the most of my time.

If Southwest issues a travel advisory for Minneapolis I can change with no fee so I will change to tomorrow night.
Ugh, fingers crossed! I would definitely try to get out earlier too!

Jill in CO
Old 04-09-2013, 10:56 PM   #96
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

fingers are crossed for you rachel! either way, we will see you on thursday!! i just hope you don't get a stress ulcer from all this. we can eat the stress away!

here is a video i sent rachel to cheer her up. please click the picture below to view the video.

unforunately, the quality of the video is pretty terrible after uploading to photobucket but hope it makes you smile!
Old 04-09-2013, 11:04 PM   #97
jedijill

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmebear View Post
fingers are crossed for you rachel! either way, we will see you on thursday!! i just hope you don't get a stress ulcer from all this. we can eat the stress away!

here is a video i sent rachel to cheer her up. please click the picture below to view the video.

unforunately, the quality of the video is pretty terrible after uploading to photobucket but hope it makes you smile!
I always thought Emme was adorable in still pics but she is a doll on video!

Jill in CO
Old 04-10-2013, 01:11 AM   #98
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Cute video!!

Rachel: Sounds like you may need a cocktail by the time you get there. The monorail crawl may start sooner rather than later.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:51 AM   #99
jabead
DIS Veteran

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow Rachel and will keep my fingers crossed that you are able to leave on schedule. Keep me updated please.

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - #3
- and - APRIL 2014 REVIEW - My Solo Birthday Trip

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:17 PM   #100
NorCalGal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
the spread:

we eat like this every day. i love love love korean food (not that i'm biased). so this is why eating at disney is disappointing sometimes. i need some spice at disney!
Subbing so I don't miss anything when you get back.

Umm, can I come to your house for dinner??

Quote:

I'm surprising emme with these 2 shirts that were created by Disboard member fruto76. Her etsy shop is: mymark custom

Soooo cute! Emme's going to be over the moon!
Those are ADORABLE! Do they come in grown-up sizes?

Can't wait to see your pics from your trip.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #101
BOG Obsessed
Foodie & Disney Lover= Pure Bliss

3 Trips

Just stumbled upon your thread. Your a talented food reviewer and photographer. You should provide a link to that chicken recipe (I know I want it, and others will too!)
Emme is adorable. I bet she'll lover her personalized gifts.
I can't believe that table spread was made at the condo (that's a lot of groceries).
Can't wait for your updated posts!
BOG Obsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:12 PM   #102
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Very cute video!
Old 04-10-2013, 07:54 PM   #103
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Cute video!!

Rachel: Sounds like you may need a cocktail by the time you get there. The monorail crawl may start sooner rather than later.
Oh my gosh I am going to definitely need a drink after this! I am dreading going to the airport to hear what they have to say. I mean they can't just cancel my flight and not put me on another one, right??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
I'll be thinking about you tomorrow Rachel and will keep my fingers crossed that you are able to leave on schedule. Keep me updated please.
Thanks!!

So Southwest finally put out a travel advisory for Minneapolis at about 5pm. I called to see if I could get put on a flight tonight but they didn't have any open seats. So now I have to wait till tomorrow and see what happens. It is all up to God/Southwest! I jut want to get there in time to eat dinner. I don't care about Fantasmic anymore I just want Disney food!!!

Old 04-10-2013, 08:02 PM   #104
jedijill

Quote:
Oh my gosh I am going to definitely need a drink after this! I am dreading going to the airport to hear what they have to say. I mean they can't just cancel my flight and not put me on another one, right??

Thanks!!

So Southwest finally put out a travel advisory for Minneapolis at about 5pm. I called to see if I could get put on a flight tonight but they didn't have any open seats. So now I have to wait till tomorrow and see what happens. It is all up to God/Southwest! I jut want to get there in time to eat dinner. I don't care about Fantasmic anymore I just want Disney food!!!
Show up early and try to get standby on any flight....People don't show up and you can grab their seat.

Jill in CO
Old 04-10-2013, 10:50 PM   #105
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I always thought Emme was adorable in still pics but she is a doll on video!

Jill in CO

thanks jill! it's so funny she forgot the last 4 letters. close enough especially when english is her second language!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Cute video!!

thank you! i have 2 bottles of wine already packed & ready to go. going to grab some blue moon at the grocery store when i stock up on some fruit, milk & yogurt for emme. rachel can/will take full advantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGal View Post
Subbing so I don't miss anything when you get back.

Umm, can I come to your house for dinner??

Those are ADORABLE! Do they come in grown-up sizes?

Can't wait to see your pics from your trip.

you are welcome to dinner any time!

i'm sure ann can create you a shirt! she made her own ridiculously cute outfit for the half marathon she ran.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOG Obsessed View Post
Just stumbled upon your thread. Your a talented food reviewer and photographer. You should provide a link to that chicken recipe (I know I want it, and others will too!)
Emme is adorable. I bet she'll lover her personalized gifts.
I can't believe that table spread was made at the condo (that's a lot of groceries).
Can't wait for your updated posts!

thank you for the comments!

i owe pumbaa that recipe. there are plenty online but it's not how i make it. but it just might have to do cause some of the ingredients may be hard to come by.

that spread was from dinner at mom's house. what we had at the condo was about 1/2 that amount...still a ton of food!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Very cute video!

thank you!!!

positive vibes & wishes for rachel....i think she will make it in time. then we can go to hollywood brown derby & watch fantastmic! like we planned. this is disney after all! dreams do come true (cheeeeesy i know) but snow isn't suppose to happen in april.

as i was finishing packing, i almost forgot to pack my gift cards that i have been collecting over the past few weeks. to those who don't know, you can get 5% off disney gift cards at target using your target red card! i have a target debit card & i love it. it's pretty awesome. if you fill 5 prescriptions, you also get an additional 5% off coupon which could potentially save you 10% off disney gift cards. the savings are small but it's better than nothing! i'm going to add the gift cards to my room balance & charge our meals to the room as i will be applying my TIW discount to our meals.

i'm officially packed for our trip! time to hit the sack. i'm so tired.

and thanks to everyone who is keeping up with us in this thread! it's going to be a super fun trip....rain or shine!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: