Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 07:29 AM   #76
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

a great line up for your next visit..

We have gone to Chef Mickeys Mothers day Brunch many years ago..I think maybe six years ago. But there seems to be nothing special like that this trip..SO we will wing it..

The luau has been one of our favorites (I know reading the reviews People dont care for it) but we love it.
this will probably be our six luau...They have changed it to appeal to everyone...
THE food is very good. OUR last luau was two years ago and our son, his wife and two munchkins went with us. The grandkids (are usually picky) so the waitress brought them mac and cheese and chicken nuggets. BUT they loved the luau spread...They love brocolli so they ate most of the veggies on the table.

Will update the Luau when we are there...
HAVE FUN ON YOUR TRIP

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:45 AM   #77
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumba View Post
a great line up for your next visit..

We have gone to Chef Mickeys Mothers day Brunch many years ago..I think maybe six years ago. But there seems to be nothing special like that this trip..SO we will wing it..

The luau has been one of our favorites (I know reading the reviews People dont care for it) but we love it.
this will probably be our six luau...They have changed it to appeal to everyone...
THE food is very good. OUR last luau was two years ago and our son, his wife and two munchkins went with us. The grandkids (are usually picky) so the waitress brought them mac and cheese and chicken nuggets. BUT they loved the luau spread...They love brocolli so they ate most of the veggies on the table.

Will update the Luau when we are there...
HAVE FUN ON YOUR TRIP

We will be at Disney next Thursday! I can't wait!

I'm interested in the luau...I will be awaiting your report.

I've had both good & bad experiences at chef mickeys for dinner. This is a breakfast ADR and its early so I hope it isn't an epic fail. Fingers crossed!

Here's emme today at school. She brought her baby Duffy & Ariel sunglasses to ballet class today.
emmebear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2013, 10:41 AM   #78
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

updated 4/6/13

THE FINAL COUNTDOWN: 5 DAYS!!

our trip to disney is 5 days away! emme & i are so excited to see rachel & enjoy disney together. i've been so busy with work, editing photos (i was flown out to atlanta for a photography gig last weekend & editing spring photos for clients) and tonight, i'm bartending a fundraising event at our contemporary museum. and with that i cannot wait to finally get down to disney with the only agenda of having FUN!

emme & i had a date night last night & saw "disney on ice: dare to dream". the event had perfect timing & got the both of us so amped for disney.

when we arrived, they told me i couldn't bring my camera & i had to return it to my car. returning to the car was not an option so i waited a few minutes & entered a very long line with people eager to get inside. needless to say, i got my camera in!

we were taken to our seats. we had "dream seats" and were only 2 rows from the ice but there were very tall people sitting in front of us. so, after 5 minutes into the show, emme & i moved to these 4 empty chairs right in the front with no obstructed view. SCORE!

here are some pictures i wanted to share:

and we started with tiana. she was beautiful!

then the story moved to:

the cinderella story was so well done. she even had a sparkling boot for her glass slipper. this prince was so much better than the prince that was 1900 park fare.

and this story stole the show:

the lights!

and for the finale, we were surprised with so many disney princesses dressed in gorgeous dresses!

ariel was there too but i didn't get a decent picture.

and finally:

we had such a wonderful experience. this production was leaps & bounds better than toy story on ice. all the princesses were beautiful & there was so much thought that went into this show. i highly recommend it!

5 days & counting until we stuff our faces...again!
Old 04-06-2013, 11:06 AM   #79
seasidespences
Mouseketeer

Great Disney on Ice pictures! The characters look much better than previous Disney on Ice performances I have been to!
seasidespences is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:18 AM   #80
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Hi there! I've followed you on Jabead's live thread but I'm joining in for the fun for your upcoming trip with Rachel. Sounds like you guys will have a blast. I'm looking forward to hearing about your monorail crawl.

Emme is so adorable! What great memories you are making with Emme with these trips... you are truly blessed.

Your photos are amazing so between you and Rachel - wow! This will be so good.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:31 PM   #81
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Wow you did get some good pics from last night! That horse "maximus" from Tangled is creeepy looking! lol

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:05 PM   #82
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

What a perfect warm up (if you can say that about an ice show ) for your forthcoming trip!

Have a wonderful time in WDW, can't wait to read all about your next adventure
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:41 PM   #83
cab0ad
DIS Veteran

so strange! we saw the Disney on ice production a week ago in KC and there was no scene with Tiana at all. Or aurora, Cinderella. We got Rapunzel, Belle, Merida, and Ariel! There are different versions of the Happily Ever After Ice show???

cab0ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #84
princessmocha
Mouseketeer

I am a little late to the party, but all of your pictures are fabulous! I can't wait to read about your next trip and drool over all the food pics. We are spending one night at Bonnet Creek before we move to staying on property. How was it? (I had points that I needed to use before the end of the year or I would lose them). We are in a 2 bedroom and my in-laws will be in the 2 bedroom presidential.

Can't wait to read and see more pictures.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:15 AM   #85
daisymomof4
Mouseketeer

Taking your camera in, you rebel! j/k Thanks for sharing your DOI photos with us I can see by the background of one of your pic your are far from the only one snapping photos, lol.

Enjoy your next trip!
Old 04-07-2013, 08:53 AM   #86
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasidespences View Post
Great Disney on Ice pictures! The characters look much better than previous Disney on Ice performances I have been to!

THANK YOU! the show was pretty amazing!! we loved every minute of it. the only other DOI show we've seen was toy story 3 & even though that was fun, it lacked the energy & excitement that this show had. the costumes were absolutely gorgeous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Hi there! I've followed you on Jabead's live thread but I'm joining in for the fun for your upcoming trip with Rachel. Sounds like you guys will have a blast. I'm looking forward to hearing about your monorail crawl.

Emme is so adorable! What great memories you are making with Emme with these trips... you are truly blessed.

Your photos are amazing so between you and Rachel - wow! This will be so good.

thanks for the compliments & for reading along! emme & i will be at disney in december for the dismeet so hopefully we get to meet!

being emme's mom is truly a blessing (corny, i know). she is such & joy & makes all the hard work worthwhile.

rachel & i have a surprise in store for this next trip so stay tuned! it's going to be nice shooting with her as we both shoot with canon's & she got a fancy new lens! the monorail pub crawl is going to be super fun. i can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Wow you did get some good pics from last night! That horse "maximus" from Tangled is creeepy looking! lol

thanks rachel! maximus was mean mugging the entire night. i feel bad for the two people inside of that costume as the tangled skit was fairly long & maximus was on the ice for quite some time. i'm so glad i got my camera inside!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
What a perfect warm up (if you can say that about an ice show ) for your forthcoming trip!

Have a wonderful time in WDW, can't wait to read all about your next adventure

that's funny linda! it was the perfect "warm up"...ironically for an ice show!

thank you for the well wishes. i'm super exhausted from working last night. just 3.5 more days of work & we're off to disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab0ad View Post
so strange! we saw the Disney on ice production a week ago in KC and there was no scene with Tiana at all. Or aurora, Cinderella. We got Rapunzel, Belle, Merida, and Ariel! There are different versions of the Happily Ever After Ice show???

this was "Disney on Ice: Dare to Dream". i noticed our shows have different titles so maybe that's why. i wish we had merida or ariel! believe it or not, i've never seen "the princess & the frog" in its entirety. blasphemous i know but i just never got around to it. if this show comes to your neck of the woods, i highly recommend it. it was so much fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmocha View Post
I am a little late to the party, but all of your pictures are fabulous! I can't wait to read about your next trip and drool over all the food pics. We are spending one night at Bonnet Creek before we move to staying on property. How was it? (I had points that I needed to use before the end of the year or I would lose them). We are in a 2 bedroom and my in-laws will be in the 2 bedroom presidential.

Can't wait to read and see more pictures.

thanks for joining in & for the gracious comments! i love photography & i love to eat so it goes hand in hand. even though my camera is a total pain to travel with, in the end, it's worth it!

we were in the 2 bedroom presidential & absolutely loved it! check out my TRIP REPORT as i posted pictures & did a mini-review of our room. we were on the 15th floor and in tower 6 & had a spectacular view.

unfortunately, the weather wasn't warm enough to enjoy the pool or lazy river. i've stayed in a regular room before as well & the room was laid out well & very comfy. the shuttle is no longer free & costs $5 round trip per person. children 3 and under ride free.

i loved staying at bonnet creek! when i run the princess half marathon in february with friends, we will be booking a room at bonnet creek. enjoy your stay!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisymomof4 View Post
Taking your camera in, you rebel! j/k Thanks for sharing your DOI photos with us I can see by the background of one of your pic your are far from the only one snapping photos, lol.

Enjoy your next trip!

if you had a basic point & shoot, they allowed the camera in. they were specifically looking for cameras that had detachable lenses. i hate taking my point & shoot as the flash has to fire. i don't like shooting with my flash at these events as i feel the lights would blind the skaters. i'm able to shoot in low light with great clarity using my dslr. there was absolutely no way i was walking back to my car so i had to smuggle it in!
Old 04-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #87
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

something funny to post...

it's been a wee bit rainy in florida so i bought emme a disney princess umbrella.

aurora looks like a hot mess & is totally rocking the lazy eye. i can't believe how terrible she looks. this is just as bad as the crest princess spin brushes...those are awful as well.

however...

emme sure does love her umbrella!!
Old 04-08-2013, 09:16 PM   #88
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

updated 4/8/13

THE FINAL COUNTDOWN: 2.5 DAYS!

i wanted to share some exciting news!! rachel & i will be doing our dining review together in this thread. TANDEM FOOD REVIEWS!!

we both love to stuff our faces & take pictures of our food before stuffing our faces....so we thought it would be an awesome idea to post our food pictures together.

rachel & i both shoot with canon dslr's plus she also bought a fancy new lens. i bought a lens for my iphone & will be sending barb my updates using the new lens. i'm going to try & just use my iphone with the new lens but i'm pretty sure i'll grab my canon & start shooting [force of habit].

it will be really interesting to see disney food from the same places but with different perspectives. we are going to try and order different items whenever we eat...so this will lead to lots & lots of pictures in addition to our reviews about what we eat.

we both leave for disney on thursday & i cannot wait! this is going to be a really fun trip & i'm so glad to be sharing this experience with another disney enthusiast.

please check back on this thread for updates!

happy eating everyone!!!

Last edited by emmebear; 04-08-2013 at 09:29 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #89
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

YAY! Tandem Food Reviews!!!

I am slowly eating more day by day to expand my belly in preparation for disney food!

I can't wait for Thursday!!! Weather in Minneapolis is going to be 38 and snow Wednesday and Thursday so I need to get the heck out of here ASAP!!!

Looking forward to sharing our reviews with everyone!!!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:28 AM   #90
daisymomof4
Mouseketeer

Eeek! This thread keeps getting better and better! lol, can hardly wait for your vacation, ladies Updates here and in Barb's thread makes me really happy!

Emmebear, I think we have that same umbrella around here...now I have to hunt it down and take a look at poor Aurora, lol. I've never really looked at it before, but my DD's face lights up just like Emme's when she opens it up!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: