Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 08:42 AM   #16
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

thanks so much for the review...
BUT I would love your recipe of your chicken dish you made...looks awesome..

IN all our years going to Disney, we have never been to OHana...been to the Luau 7 or so times...

Thanks again

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:10 PM   #17
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumba View Post
thanks so much for the review...
BUT I would love your recipe of your chicken dish you made...looks awesome..

IN all our years going to Disney, we have never been to OHana...been to the Luau 7 or so times...

Thanks again

there are recipes online but it's not how i make it. i will make a recipe for you.
emmebear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2013, 11:04 PM   #18
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

updated 3/5/13

before i begin, emme has become quite sick. i think it's viral as she's had a drastic temperature increase with a side of vomiting. i'm hoping she has a miraculous recovery by thursday morning or we will have to cancel our second trip. please keep her in your thoughts. she's totally miserable.

CAPE MAY CAFE BREAKFAST

since we did not go to a single park, i wanted to have a breakfast with the characters for emme. ADR's to cape may were readily available. our ADR was at 10:30am.

i visited cape may last august for breakfast & i waited about 25 minutes past my ADR to be seated. this time was no different. our ADR was 10:30 and we were buzzed at 10:56am. it was a total bummer as we were starving.

as we were waiting, we kept ourselves busy with a little exploring.

emme and her spider-man pose.

side note: emme's recently become obsessed with spider-man. she's never seen spider-man but she loves the pose. i can say "spider-man pose" at any given point & she will bust out the pose below:

emme & baby ariel

onwards to breakfast....

we were finally seated and was promptly greeted by adrienne. she was a really great CM & was super nice. we wanted to go to the buffet immediately as we were starving but donald was turning the corner so we waited for donald before getting our food.

bring on the food!

emme's first plate of food:

YUMMY!!

my friends first plate of food.

she really loved the salad as it was tossed in a bacon dressing. mmmmm bacon!

here's my first plate of food:

i am a total sucker for smoked salmon, red onions & capers. mmmm mmmm! the (fake) egg frittata had sun dried tomatoes in it. there was some hollandaise sauce on the buffet so i dipped the frittata in it. who doesn't love hollandaise?? the sausage was awesome as good as i remembered from our last visit.

emme decided she wanted a waffle as well:

before we could get our second servings, a friend visited our table.

spider-man pose!

back to the food:

the homestyle potatoes were crispy as was the bacon. the bacon was on the thin side. the cheesy cheddar grits were heavenly. i added some pepper and absolutely loved them.

emme decided to make me some lemonade. how thoughtful of her.

baby ariel is hanging out with my 18-135mm lens.

oh yeah, one more plate of food.

i got seconds on the grits, sausage and frittata. the eggs are scrambled with chorizo.

here comes goofy!

minnie made her way back to our table:

cool sand castle decor.

overall, the meal at cape may was very relaxing. we were never rushed despite being seated 26 minutes after our ADR. breakfast turned into brunch. the characters came by our table twice during the meal. we had a really awesome CM & she was wonderful.

another great thing about cape may is that you can draw on the table. there is white paper on the table so the kids can occupy themselves with some crayons and go to town.

the total meal was $51.58 with my 20% TIW discount & 18% gratuity. i also used the free valet service which is included with TIW membership. valet was a god send with the cold weather. it's a really nice perk.

i really enjoyed cape may breakfast. there are a ton of varieties which also included pastries, danishes, cereal, fruit, yogurt, granola, hot & cold items to satisfy everyone in your party. there isn't as much variety as crystal palace but cape may is a much more relaxing atmosphere.

after brunch, we took a short walk and found this:

if emme feels better, we are back at disney on thursday. fingers crossed for a speedy recovery for emme.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:51 PM   #19
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Yum on that egg with chorizo! I love chorizo. Was it good?

Breakfast looked yummy, especially those eggs and Emme's fruit plate!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:16 PM   #20
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Yum on that egg with chorizo! I love chorizo. Was it good?

Breakfast looked yummy, especially those eggs and Emme's fruit plate!

cape may has a great breakfast despite the long wait we had with an adr. i'm a chorizo fan so i liked the (fake) scrambled eggs a lot.

just updated the ADR's for the last two trips!!

all packed & ready to go tomorrow!!!!

emme's feeling much better. she's not 100% but she no longer has a fever & has some of her energy back.

Last edited by emmebear; 03-06-2013 at 09:23 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:44 PM   #21
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

Almost to our presidential suite at the bonnet creek! I'm so excited to be treating my parents but even happier my emme is feeling better.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:45 PM   #22
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

updated 3/7/13

i almost cancelled this trip as emme became sick pretty quickly on monday evening. after almost 3 days of fever (i was thinking it was a virus running its course), i took her into the doc & she was negative for the flu. we got the clearance to leave for our trip & despite the continued low grade fever, puffy eyes, runny nose & nagging cough, we left for disney after i completed my last shift at 4pm today.

i booked the 2 bedroom presidential suite at bonnet creek. we are in tower 6 which has amazing views! our suite/condo is absolutely beautiful. we have so much room & we are so close to all the parks. i love it here!

i just wanted to post some pictures...i'm too excited to sleep!

the view from our balcony.

and here are my cute parents & emme relaxing on the sofa.

my mom is an amazing cook & since my father is a diabetic, she prepared lots of yummyness that we brought with us as we have a full kitchen to use.

tonight for dinner, we had korean food which included bulgogi (marinated meat) which we ate in a lettuce "wrap" that we call "ssahm". it's very healthy & very delicious.

Bulgogi
[this would be the perfect time for smell o vision or scratch & sniff screens]

Bulgogi ssahm

this is the perfect bite of food. it's fresh, warm, crisp, comforting & mouth watering delicious. in addition the the lettuce & meat, there is red bean paste, rice (a mix of white, barley & black rice) & i topped it with the dried cuttlefish (that's the bright brown object on top of the meat).

we eat like this every day so sometimes the food at disney disappoints but sometimes, the food is really awesome.

i'm off to wonderland now....tomorrow me & the cheesy potatoes of akershus are meeting again.

i'm so excited to experience disney as an adult with my parents & daughter. i feel so blessed to be here with them.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:56 AM   #23
rizzo0904
Mouseketeer

mmmmmm, i LOVE bulgogi. looks so yummy!
rizzo0904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:32 PM   #24
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

I just saw this update. That meat cooking does look delicious!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 03-08-2013, 09:46 PM   #26
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

updated 3/8/13

today, my parents, emme & i spent the day at epcot. well, we dropped my parents off at bonnet creek at about 230 & then emme & i headed back to epcot at about 5pm to partake in food, food & more food!

but before i post my favorite & worst bite of food, here's a picture of emme & cinderella during our breakfast at akershus.

cinderella was present this morning instead of jasmine.

i spent a total of $60 worth of food & beer at the epcot flower & garden festival today. i took a ton of photos with my dslr but the ones posted here are from my iphone.

here is my favorite bite of food:

Shrimp and Stone Ground Grits with Andouille Sausage, Sweet Corn, Tomatoes and Cilantro - $5.50

this tasty dish was found in the FLORIDA FRESH booth. for $5.50, you get a really big portion of food with 3 jumbo shrimp cooked perfectly. the grits were creamy, the gravy was seasoned well & the corn & tomatoes were great contrast of texture. i also loved the sausage in this. and for $5.50, this was a total bargain. i could eat an entire bowl of this. it was very delicious.

the worst bite of food:

Asparagi con Aragosta all'Ortolana (Green asparagus, lobster, garden cocktail sauce) - $7.75

this dish is from Italy Pavilion - Primavera Kitchen. on paper, this item looked divine. however, look at this plate of food. it tasted worse than it looked. i regretted getting this dish as i saw them plating it. it was pretty terrible. during f&w, the lobster roll was so delicious that i wanted to give this lobster dish a chance. the asparagus were over cooked and not crunchy, the lobster was rubbery & in small pieces and the sauce (there was too much of it) brought nothing to the dish. i really want me $7.75 back. i really wished i would have ordered the lasagna instead.

emme, max & lotso!

i will post lots of pictures when i start my dining review next week. tomorrow is our magic kingdom day!
Old 03-09-2013, 07:24 PM   #27
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

updated 3/9/13

after spending the morning & afternoon @ magic kingdom, my parents threw in the towel & headed back to the condo. emme & i headed over to epcot to eat some yummy snacks at the flower & garden festival.

here is my favorite bite of food:

Mexico Pavilion - Jardin de Fiestas: Tostada de Jaiba (Crab tostada served with Chipotle mayonnaise and Valentina salsa) - $5.50

OMG...this tostada was EPIC. the amount of blue crab is ridiculous. the tostada was fresh (the lime was perfect!) & the crab was soooo tasty. at $5.50, this was a total value in my opinion compared to some of the items that i've tried (i.e. the really terrible lobster/asparagus dish from italy). i really wanted a second tostada but had to refrain as i wanted to try a few more dishes.

here is my worst bite of food:

Germany Pavilion - Bauernmarkt Farmer's Market: Savory Bread Pudding with Spring Peas and Wild Mushroom Ragout - $3.75

i really wanted to like this dish. i even ate half the huge portion in hoping i would like this dish. i love mushrooms but this tasted like cream of mushroom on steroids. it was very salty to the point where i thought it was almost inedible even though i forced down half. the mushrooms in this dish was very generous but i just wished it wasn't so salty. but at $3.75, i wasn't as perturbed as i was with the $7.75 lobster/asparagus dish from italy.

and i'm ending this post with this:

i totally got sunburned in 70 degree weather.

dining report next week! thanks for reading along.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:53 PM   #28
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

I think the reason I want to try that bread pudding is because of the noodles and the peas! The peas look so good and so do the noodles.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:45 PM   #29
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Wow, the Korean food looks better than the Disney food. I love Bulgogi...I should go get some this week.

Jill in CO
Old 03-10-2013, 04:31 PM   #30
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985
I think the reason I want to try that bread pudding is because of the noodles and the peas! The peas look so good and so do the noodles.

I think there's all mushrooms on that bread pudding. It was a mushroom ragout. I'm willing to try it again, hoping it don't be too salty. Can't wait until our adventure!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: