Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 09:46 AM   #151
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Patty and Rachel: Awesome updates for your Epcot day. All the food and cocktails/beers make me wish I was there taking my turn pushing the stroller and enjoying it all with you guys! I love Emme's question about the people with no eyes for the topiaries - very observant. I don't think I even really thought about that.

Patty: No worries about laying low and focusing on your studies. At least you have your blog. I wish you all the best with your crazy busy life!

Rachel: Too bad that chocolate mousse brownie wasn't the best, it looks amazing!

Happy Friday ladies!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:43 PM   #152
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Patty and Rachel: Awesome updates for your Epcot day. All the food and cocktails/beers make me wish I was there taking my turn pushing the stroller and enjoying it all with you guys! I love Emme's question about the people with no eyes for the topiaries - very observant. I don't think I even really thought about that.

Patty: No worries about laying low and focusing on your studies. At least you have your blog. I wish you all the best with your crazy busy life!

Rachel: Too bad that chocolate mousse brownie wasn't the best, it looks amazing!

Happy Friday ladies!
Lol at pushing the stroller! It does look amazing it was just very chocolatey! I love chocolate but that was just too much! It was a fun day of drinking! It was the most I have ever drank at WDW! It was fun.

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2013, 01:43 PM   #153
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. It's much appreciated! Feeling kind of overwhelmed staring at my new schedule but we do what we got to do for our kids.

We will be updating soon. I will be posting some random pictures tonight.
emmebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:10 PM   #154
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

pictures from our epcot day.

updated 5/3/13

hello everyone.

rachel will be posting her review of chef mickey's very soon.

in the meanwhile, here are some random pictures from our epcot day.

MINE! MINE! MINE!

this cracks up emme every single time. for some reason, she really did not want to go on the nemo ride as she was "scared"...even though we've been on this ride at least 15 times in the past year. but i literally dragged her inside & bribed her with the pennies you can make as you exit the seas.

i love the seas area at epcot. the aquarium is so amazing. it's peaceful, it's cool & i can stay in there for hours. emme's obsessed with the manatees inside.

emme can't read (yet) but she was guessing correctly!

after the seas, we headed to the oz area. the oz area is cruel to parents as there is a massive playground with really cool areas for the kids to play in. the only negative is trying to get the kids to leave. i was really hoping to see a beer stand in the oz area (that would have been smart) but alas, no beer, lots of screaming kids & an emme who did not want to leave. then there were the parents (like me) who had to drag their screaming kids to leave. FUN TIMES.

gorgeous flower.

see that face?? she could have stayed here ALL day.

we made it over to mexico & the orchids were ridiculously gorgeous. my mom loves orchids & she grows a few. she tends & painstakingly cares for one orchid in particular where the roots are exposed & its hung on her plantation blind. but with all that love, the buds bloom throughout the year.

these were tiny orchids on the tree. so pretty.

we got fast passes for soarin & emme & i road it for the first time. we loved it! we hardly waited & were lucky enough to sit in the very front.

we went on the boat ride too. it was very cool to see some of the innovative ways disney grows fruits & vegetables.

sweet potatoes growing on a tree/vine.

and i spotted some hidden mickeys along the way:

while rachel was at le halles, emme & i went on a mission with perry. it was pretty fun & i had to get a few CM's to help me along. at one point, i had 2 CM's walking along with me in france who had no idea where they were going. imagine weaving through people trying to get to les halles with a jogging stroller. we only finished half the mission before i called it quits as we were leaving france.

next time i return, i am buying this. sooooooo cute.

we watched illuminations. my lens was giving me fits the entire time. i've forgiven emme for kicking my camera off the bed (ha) but i was hoping for some long exposure shots but my lens was not cooperating. something is loose inside of it as you can hear it when you shake the lens. *le sigh*. good thing for us, rachel got some amazing shots with her fancy new lens!! they are stunning!

here are 2 shots out of the gazillion i attempted to take where it's not too embarrassing to share:

we headed to spaceship earth (another first for us). dame judy dench was exactly who i wanted to hear after a long day at epcot. everything sounds so much better with an accent, right?

HA HA!

rachel rode test track & then we were headed back to our room. thank you epcot for a great day/night!

but first, emme had to get a picture here.

up next, a pleasant surprise @ CHEF MICKEY'S!!
Old 05-04-2013, 04:47 PM   #156
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
On wow, your photos of the orchids are just gorgeous !!

thanks linda!!
Old 05-04-2013, 10:25 PM   #157
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Chef Mickey's Breakfast

We had an ADR for Chef Mickey's at 7:05am! It was the only time available so we took it.....and didn't arrive until 10am! We were literally sat right away with no problems. They didn't even question us arriving late.

I haven't been here since 2009 for breakfast.

We got our picture taken and they took our picture with my camera and it turned out really well. One of my favorite pics of the trip.

We got sat at a half booth along the wall. A very nice spot!

Love this pic

First plate.

This has smoked salmon, scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, cheesy potatoes, and a mickey waffle with caramel sauce.

Loved the smoked salmon and the eggs. Surprisingly their fake eggs tasted really good. I also loved their cheesy potatoes. They were how 1900's potatoes were last time! Super good and cheesy.

However, my favorite thing on my plate was the MICKEY WAFFLE!!! Wow, it was soo good!! I think I only had one mickey waffle before and it wasn't good but it was a chocolate one. I just assumed I didn't like mickey waffles. However, this was sooo good. It was slightly undercooked and just warm and tasty. So good! Especially good with a little caramel sauce on it.

Some fruit!! Love my fruit at buffets.

Character time! Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, and Donald come. I wore my mickey shirt just for mickey! We had a very very rowdy bunch by us. They were loving the characters. We also had a british family next to us. I love british people.

Then I went up for my next plate. More amazing mickey waffles, awesome cheesy potatoes and a new thing of a quiche covered in salsa. That was actually good. I love salsa and eggs.

More characters.

I wanted to tell Minnie I had a crush on her husband. Haha, would that be wrong??

I love Pluto's dog tag.

He has a fun signature.

Next I went up the buffet and took some buffet pics. Since I am not with my boyfriend I can do embarassing things like that.

Oatmeal with toppings

Fruit, smoked salmon, cottage cheese, yogurt

More fruit

Biscuits and gravy and then that quiche (Patty do you remember what it was called?)

Cheesy potatoes, breakfast potatoes and breakfast meats.

Mickey waffles, pancakes, fruit, butter

Eggs..with other random stuff

Desserts

All in all it was a great breakfast. I found my unknown love for mickey waffles and finally had good cheesy potatoes. Characters are great here and it is just a fun place!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 05-06-2013, 11:26 AM   #159
Cshel85
Mouseketeer

I haven't been to chef mickey's since 2001 and never did breakfast but looks good

May 1999 Swan
August 2000 Port Orleans Riverside
July 2012 Wilderness Lodge Club Level
May 2013 Boardwalk Inn
July 2014 Boardwalk Villas

Cshel85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #160
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cshel85 View Post
I haven't been to chef mickey's since 2001 and never did breakfast but looks good
It was very good! I loved it!

Old 05-07-2013, 06:55 AM   #161
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Morning ladies

We've never been to CMs so thanks for the awesome pictures

I love a good character breakfast so I am going to have to drag DH over there some time

Patty - good look with your studies; I really admire your work level!
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:16 AM   #162
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

chef mickey's breakfast.

updated 5/18/13

CHEF MICKEY'S BREAKFAST

i randomly stumbled upon a chef mickey's adr for 7 am & booked it immediately. we did not want to do crystal palace again, despite having a pre-park ADR booked. i've only had dinner at CM with the last experience being absolutely horrific. so much so that i didn't send a single update to barb in the live thread...ha ha.

we finally made it to CM's at 10am. ironically, despite being late we waited less than 5 minutes for our table. i was early for dinner both times and waited 30+ minutes for our table.

after checking in, we took our picture with the chef mickey statue. this is the photo that they try and sell for $30.00+.

a rarity...emme's looking at the camera.

i didn't have much hope for the breakfast at CM. this no hope attitude was because my last dinner experience was absolutely terrible. we got seated at a booth and it was a really nice table. the atmosphere was completely different from dinner. people seemed happy, the servers were happy & the characters were happy. our server was one of the best i've had at disney. she was very friendly, engaging & refilled everything quickly & efficiently. she was awesome.

emme was starving so i fixed her plate first:

she absolutely devoured her pancakes & mickey waffle. she also loved the blueberry yogurt. everything was fresh & tasty.

after my disappointing cheesy potatoes experience @ 1900 park fare the day before & regretting not booking akershus breakfast (i am still bitter over the $134.00 i paid for 3 adults), i was so excited to see this:

these potatoes gave akershus cheesy potatoes a run for their money. i think akershus was a wee bit better but man, these cheesy potatoes were divine. they were fresh, warm & oh so creamy. totally scrumptious.

and here is my first plate of food:

i have a whole bunch of fake egg stuff on my plate. i have no idea how that happened but egg with the vegetables scrambled inside was really good. i thought the "corned beef" was a bit weird though.

after we finished our first plate of food, some friends stopped by to visit.

another shocker as emme's looking at the camera!

that didn't last very long.

onwards to my second plate of food:

the smoked salmon with capers & red onion was spot on. of course, i had to get more cheesy potatoes with a sausage link. the honeydew was added on my plate for some nutritional value as i was totally pigging out on carbs...lots of carbs.

we had some more friends visit:

we used my TIW card for breakfast.

even with the discount, breakfast was an expensive meal. however, we had such a great experience at CM. chef mickey's was my surprise meal of the trip. it exceeded my expectations in every way. breakfast was hot, fresh & very good. there was a ton of variety on the buffet....even dessert was out. also, our server was fantastic & the characters were really into it. i'm probably going to stay away from chef mickey's for awhile so that i don't ruin this experience with another bad one! i really loved my breakfast & the cheesy potatoes were divine. i'm so glad we went to chef mickey's as we were so close in cancelling it.

afterwards, we headed to magic kingdom.

someone had given emme this pooh balloon while we were in the contemporary.

however, she did not want this balloon. so we tied it to a railing close to the castle. i hope the balloon found a new home & made another kid happy.

speaking of balloons....

ps: i've been updating my BLOG with disney pictures & from my recent trip to NYC.

Last edited by emmebear; 05-18-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:50 AM   #163
DLFan123
living the dream-literally!

Great pics of those beautiful Epcot flowers! Cheesy potatoes sound like just what I need right now...that plus salmon, capers and onions. Will have to try Chef Mickey's one day!

On another note, I love how you two post your reviews in the same thread. It's neat to see each of your perspectives and the different food pics you took.
DLFan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:46 PM   #164
daisymomof4
Mouseketeer

All caught up here! Thanks ladies for the duo CM reviews! I am looking forward to breakfast there with my gang

Rachel, this is way OT for a food thread, but how did you like your Tevas? I think I posted on your thread when you were sandal shopping, lol. Tevas are our go-to sandals and yours are really cute!
daisymomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:26 PM   #165
Schmoopsie Poo!
I will ride, I will fly, chase the wind and touch the sky!

Can I just say that I love your (both of you!) writing styles?! Your pictures are great and I like your food reviews so much!!! I love scrolling through.

Just my two cents!
Magical Caribbean Cruise ~ 2003 ● Magical Caribbean Cruise ~ 2009 ● Wonderful Mexican Riviera Cruise ~ February 2011 ● Wonderful Mexican Riviera Cruise ~ October 2011 ● Magical Bahamas Cruise ~ Summer 2012

A dream's made of magic and music and you. Just have faith, trust, and pixie dust to make it come true! Dreams are as real as you want them to be... Just change your perspective, your point of view: the magic in your dreams is right inside of you!

Our Wonder-ful Mexican Riviera TR!
The "Better Late than Never" Halloween/Sweet Sixteen TR!
Schmoopsie Poo! is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: