Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2013, 10:53 PM   #1
chrissy92972
Mouseketeer

Rainforest DTD awful

Came home on Friday from 8 nights in Dsiney on the dining plan. This was our first trip in almost 8 years.

My kids really wanted to go to Rainforest so we went to the one in DTD. I remember from before that we liked the atmosphere and the pizza and pot roast items were good.

This time menu totally different and very few things I actually like. So I ordered the steak.

My kids ordered their kids meals. Their meals came out way before mine and they were basically done eating by the time I got mine. My steak was very pink inside. I requested well done. So I sent it back. It finally came back over 20 minutes later and was burnt on the outside and pink on the inside.

I told the server I did not want it, she did offer to get me something else. At that point I said no my kids are long done desert and everything and I am no longer in the mood to eat.

Manager came over and said she would take it off of the menu, but I needed to pay for my ice tea. I said with a snack credit and she said no in cash. I said no way that my meal was wrong twice and I am not paying for my ice tea. She said ok and walked away.

Just wondering if I was over reacting?

We also ate at:
Chef Mickeys- Dinner awesome
Planet Hollywood- lunch good food great service
Ohana- breakfast great food
Via Napoli- ok food burnt pizza
1900 Park Faire- Breakfast
Crystal Palace-Dinner
Prime Time- lunch yummy pot roast

Chrissy/
chrissy92972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:06 AM   #2
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

You wont eat steak if its pink in the middle? In that aspect, the server & manager probably thought you were over reacting and that could be why they asked you to pay for your ice tea. Personally if my meal came (incorrectly cooked) well after my kids were done eating, i would have been upset too. For them to ask you to pay for your drink is ridiculous. Most places just comp it.

As for the pizza at via napoli being burnt, thats how they cook it. The crust is always a bit charred. I personally find the pizza tastes so much better that way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy92972 View Post
Came home on Friday from 8 nights in Dsiney on the dining plan. This was our first trip in almost 8 years.

My kids really wanted to go to Rainforest so we went to the one in DTD. I remember from before that we liked the atmosphere and the pizza and pot roast items were good.

This time menu totally different and very few things I actually like. So I ordered the steak.

My kids ordered their kids meals. Their meals came out way before mine and they were basically done eating by the time I got mine. My steak was very pink inside. I requested well done. So I sent it back. It finally came back over 20 minutes later and was burnt on the outside and pink on the inside.

I told the server I did not want it, she did offer to get me something else. At that point I said no my kids are long done desert and everything and I am no longer in the mood to eat.

Manager came over and said she would take it off of the menu, but I needed to pay for my ice tea. I said with a snack credit and she said no in cash. I said no way that my meal was wrong twice and I am not paying for my ice tea. She said ok and walked away.

We also ate at:
Crystal Palace-Dinner

Chrissy/

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2013, 06:05 AM   #3
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Yes pizza is cooked in brick oven and this is how it's suppose to be.

We eat at RFC or Trex at the start if every trip it's always our first TS meal ( OOP b/c it's always day before we check into Wdw resort) b/c I'm a Landry select member and I normally have either $25 birthday reward or just $25 reward from points. We haven't had an issue with food taking too long at all.. We did have an issue with DH country fried steak coming out bloody! We like our normal grilled steak a bit pink but as far as your steak coming out that way did they ask you how you wanted your steak cooked?

Normally if it had just been the mistake of how the steak was cooked I would say yes you need to pay for your tea b/c it had nothing to do with your steak but in the case of your meal being served long after the kids I agree I wouldn't think you even SHOULD have been asked to pay for tea. I would email or call Lamdrys about this. When we had that issue we called and they were terrific!
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:18 AM   #4
momof2gr8kids
DIS Veteran

Sorry you had a bad experience there!

We really enjoyed RFC when we were there on our last trip, but our service was excellent. I think that makes all the difference. It's easier to handle a mix up with your order if they try and make it up to you with a smile on their face!

Dec 2010 Pop Century
Feb 2013 POR Riverside
momof2gr8kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:55 PM   #5
Disney2013Girl
Mouseketeer

EVERY Rainforest Cafe I've ever been to has been awful in one respect or the other, honestly. We either have a great server and crappy food, crappy service and great food or awful both. I don't know how we keep ending up there, but each time our meal is over, I kick myself. Chicago, Disneyland, Michigan, Chicago Suburbs....it's always been bad.

Well, this could be interesting (An October 2013 PTR)

DS: 11/2010
Married to my Leading Man since 10/2006
Belated DL Honeymoon 5/2008
First Family trip to WDW 10/2013
Disney2013Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:37 AM   #6
chrissy92972
Mouseketeer

Too Clarify I did order my steak well done and said no pink to make sure. It was very pink when it came out twice. But the 2nd time the outside was burnt.

Chrissy
chrissy92972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:44 AM   #7
mom2my3kids
Doesn't believe in the Tag Fairy

I think I would of just paid for the tea and be done with it, they did take the meal off..

Dec 14-20th 2013
Daytona/Universal/MNSSHP Sept 2011
Sept 2009 8 nights Pop Century
Sept 22nd-Sept 30th 2007 POP
October 2006, OKW,POP 6 night trip..
mom2my3kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:05 PM   #8
mfd25wife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy92972 View Post

We also ate at:
Crystal Palace-Dinner

Chrissy/
When we went to Rainforest at DTD, we were not impressed either. Our food was ok, but not great. The service was poor. Apparently, they seated us before they had a server assigned to the table so we waited, and waited, and waited. Someone did stop by and tell us someone would be with us shortly. He finally came in and was tying his apron as he walked across the floor. He mentioned he was running late. He was nice, but he did everything at the speed of a turtle running in mud.
mfd25wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:32 AM   #9
thummyt
Earning My Ears

No. I won't eat at Rainforest DTD ever again. Went there over 8 years ago, and server never placed our order, and then sent a different server to tell us that we gave our order to the wrong server (implied it was our fault). Manager came over to apologize after we waited 45 minutes for drinks....ambiance was great - as we watched all of the other patrons eating their food. We left thirsty and hungry.
thummyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:25 AM   #10
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

I don't think you overreacted at all...well done is well done..no pink...they screwed up twice...the least they can do is comp your meal...my husband was a manager for an upper end restaurant chain...I would always frequent it when on business trips in other cities (about 20 in the US)...one night on a business dinner, we had 8 dining. One person's steak came out about 3 minutes after all of ours...they COMP'ed the ENTIRE MEAL!!! It was over $600 AND they gave us a $250 voucher to return again...now that is above and beyond but at least her meal was cooked perfectly! I honestly think they should have given you a certificate to return and taken the tea off at the least!

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: