Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2013, 08:23 AM   #1
aanderson5
DIS Veteran

B2B surprise

We are considering doing a B2B next year and would love to surprise our son with the second leg. I have always wanted to surprise him with a trip but can't keep my mouth shut. I figure I might be able handle keeping half a trip secret.

For anyone who has done a B2B how many people on board know you are coming back? For example would the kids club know (I could see a CM at the kids club saying something). If we asked them to keep it quite would it be easy or would there be too many people to worry about?

I would love to get off the boat and say "guess what, were getting right back on". DS was involved with surprising his cousins on a trip (they didn't know we were joining them) and he always talks about how wonderful it would be to be surprised.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:32 AM   #2
RweTHEREyet
What makes you think the Tag Fairy doesn't know you?? :D
Will get my Grapefruit Cake at Starring Rolls from now on!
I can't stand not having another trip booked!

Don't have little ones anymore, so I can't help there, but I can tell you that our cabin steward knew, and she brought it up the first time our paths crossed. I cannot remember if our servers knew before we told them or not.

Last edited by RweTHEREyet; 03-02-2013 at 07:39 PM.
RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2013, 10:38 AM   #3
mmmears
DIS Veteran

I don't know if you could keep it quiet or not... but if you could it would be an amazing surprise! When we got off our 3-nt cruise, everyone around us looked so sad and depressed that it was already over -- but we were happy because we were going to WDW! It would be great to find out at the port that we had another cruise to take!

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:42 PM   #4
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aanderson5 View Post
We are considering doing a B2B next year and would love to surprise our son with the second leg. I have always wanted to surprise him with a trip but can't keep my mouth shut. I figure I might be able handle keeping half a trip secret.

For anyone who has done a B2B how many people on board know you are coming back? For example would the kids club know (I could see a CM at the kids club saying something). If we asked them to keep it quite would it be easy or would there be too many people to worry about?

I would love to get off the boat and say "guess what, were getting right back on". DS was involved with surprising his cousins on a trip (they didn't know we were joining them) and he always talks about how wonderful it would be to be surprised.
Pretty much anyone who would have reason to know your name/room number would know that you are B2B. You could request no mention be made of it in the kids club, BUT, the staff there isn't the same staff at the same time of day every time, so making sure the WHOLE stafff knows, could be a problem.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:51 PM   #5
PirateLife4Me:)
Mouseketeer

I just did a b2b and our waiters and the kids club were all surprised when they saw us again. We requested the same waiters when we boarded the ship again.
9/05/09 - 7 Night Western Caribbean (Magic)
4/10/10 - 14 Night Transatlantic Eastbound (Magic)
10/23/10 - 7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Magic)
1/26/11 - 4 Night Bahamian (Dream)Maiden Voyage
2/11/12 - 7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Magic)
1/10/13 - 4 Night Bahamian (Wonder)
1/14/13 - 5 Night Western (Wonder)
9/05/13 - 3 Night Bahamian (Dream)
2/21/14 - 5 Night Western (Wonder)
2/26/14 - 4 Night Bahamian (Wonder)
PirateLife4Me:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:35 PM   #6
clten
DIS Veteran

Your record would be marked as a b2b and might be seen by any number of people. But we have done I think 8 b2b and most of the crew (including our serving team if we haven't discussed it with them beforehand) are surprised to see us on the second cruise. Usually the only two that normally know and bring it up are the Head Server (they usually ask near the end of the first cruise if you like your serving team and wish to be seated with them for the next cruise) and our stateroom host as they are supposed to make up the b2b cabins as a priority.

It might be easy to intercept these two and make sure nothing is said when your son is within earshot. But others who may look at your booking might also see the b2b designation and mention it. So you might be able to work it out so it would be a surprise but not sure how you could guarantee it.
clten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:11 PM   #7
aanderson5
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the replies. I figured the dining staff and our stateroom host would know and we will try to give them the heads up that we are trying to surprise DS. If anyone else says anything I just hope it is in front of us so we at least get to see his face. He will be ecstatic even if he finds out "early" .

We travel fairly often and he always gets a little weepy at some point during the trip because it is coming to an end (my sensitive boy). We will probably have to deal with that twice. LOL

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: