Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2013, 12:23 PM   #1
kcchief
Mouseketeer

Question Free Apple Scooter Stroller Rental

This has already been the subject of many posts on the boards, but I dont feel as if I have seen a complete answer. Has anyone actually taken advantage of this Free Stroller rental promotion? And what I mean by that is that you have actually gone on your trip and got the stroller. Not just booked it. I am all about a good deal, but It just seems like this deal is a little to good to be true. I do not want to arrive at my resort and not have a stroller. I would almost rather pay more and know I am going to have a good qaulity clean stroller. I appreciate all your feedback!
kcchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:45 PM   #2
melindae10
Mouseketeer

I am wondering the same thing! I have the stroller resevered but don't want to give them my CC info until I know this is legit...
melindae10 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2013, 03:14 PM   #3
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

I posted this on another thread -

Apple Scooters is one of the most frequently used companies DIS posters rent wheelchairs and ECVs from and have been for a number of years.

They recently got into stroller rental and are probably trying to promote that part of their business. Previously, some people rented an ECV or wheelchair from Apple and a stroller from somewhere else. That's probably the major group they were aiming the promotion at, but other people were able to benefit from it too.

Apple is also one of WDW's 'Preferred Vendors' which are allowed to drop off and pick up from Bell Services (previous to Nov. 1, 2012, there were no restrictions on wheelchair and ECV vendors dropping off and picking up, but as of Nov. 1, only the 'Preferred Vendors' for those products are allowed to).

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
SueM in MN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:38 PM   #4
melindae10
Mouseketeer

There are some reviews on the Apple strollers at Baby Center in their Disney board. The deal is legit but people have been having some issues with the strollers and the company.
melindae10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:39 PM   #5
wdwfanatic316
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by melindae10 View Post
There are some reviews on the Apple strollers at Baby Center in their Disney board. The deal is legit but people have been having some issues with the strollers and the company.
Can you post a link or direct me on how to look at these reviews? I tried to google it but couldn't find it. Thanks!

We have a reservation there for our trip in less than two weeks so after that I can report back on our experience.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:38 PM   #6
scooffer
Mouseketeer

I found it with yahoo, searched babycenter disney board... concerned, i was thinking of canceling anyway since the elite is really what we need. There are positive reviews too, though! Ugh!

April 2014 - Family Gathering Lake Buena Vista Village and Spa 7 adults 5 kids
April 2013 - Wilderness Lodge
April 2012 - Port Of Orleans French Quarter (perfect in every way!)
May 2011 - Cypress Pointe Grande Villas (loved it!)
scooffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:23 PM   #7
klm7926
Mouseketeer

We've used Kingdom Strollers and Magic Strollers the past 2 years and have had NO issues. We rented from Apple this year. We were going to skip the stroller but with only paying $35 for the week, I don't care if we only use it twice! You can't beat that deal...as long as it's there when requested!
april 2013: all star sports
klm7926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:14 AM   #8
g8rben
Earning My Ears

They now have accessories

Just reserved for the end of May, so we'll see. First time ever renting a stroller period, but I'm cheap so we're going for it. Have seen in other forums/threads a lot of complaints about lack of consoles and rain covers. I emailed them and they DO HAVE both for $5 each for duration of the trip (not per day). So I'm getting a City Mini Double (hopefully) for $40 total including insurance, console and cover. Just wanted to let people know if you ask, they have the accessories and even paying a little more for them, it's still much cheaper than other providers. Hoping for a nice, CLEAN experience.
g8rben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:48 AM   #9
dydy
Earning My Ears

We just returned and had a great experience with them. The stroller was delivered when it was supposed to be, clean and had no issues at all.
dydy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:07 AM   #10
Diegosmom
DIS Veteran

I also added raincover and console to my reservations. Person answering my emails was very nice...we dont "NEED" a stroller cause DS just turned 6 but mostlly wanted it for star wars weekend where we will be getting there at 6am for a 8am opening and DS can sleep in stroller while we wait...so worth the $40...and we can put our junk in it lol.
Diegosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:11 PM   #11
shm_helene
Mouseketeer

What is...

a console? Sorry...I'm sure I'll feel dumb when someone answers this.
shm_helene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:53 PM   #12
Tink1073
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shm_helene View Post
a console? Sorry...I'm sure I'll feel dumb when someone answers this.
The console is the cup holder that attaches to the handlebar. The City Mini's do not have built in cup holders.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

1984 off site, 1986 CR, 1991 off site, 03/05 POR, 03/07 off site, 07/07 off site, 04/08 off site, 11/08 AKL/POR, 05/09 Swan, 5/10 AKV, 8/11 YC, 5/12 AKV, 4/13 BC
Tink1073 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #13
graceesmom
DIS Veteran

Here's a link to a thread about the Apple Strollers.
http://community.babycenter.com/post...414523455&pd=1
Oct. 10 Poly * March 11 Beach Club * June 12 Grand Floridian *August 12 POR Royal Room and Yacht Club April 26-May 5 2013 CSR and Poly- 1st Time trying Club Level July 2013 Yacht Club January 2014 Animal Kingdom LodgeMarch 2014 Saratoga Springs and Coronado Spring Business Class

UPCOMING: April 2014 Yacht Club

CRUISES August 2013 Disney Dream March 2014 Disney Magic
UPCOMING** November 2014 Disney Fantasy

NEW April/May 2013 Family and Friends at Disney Beautiful Day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7t7VhbD8do
Summer 2012 WDW Vacation Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cxyUicMy5w
March 2011 WDW Vacation Videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpjlGPQ_CQ4
May 2010 WDW Celebration Vacation Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tInxvg3qjh4
graceesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:08 PM   #14
Tink1073
Mouseketeer

Just an FYI.. We're here now and I have not been happy with our rental from them. I took advantage of the deal to try it out. We always use Magic Stroller. First, the stroller was here when we arrived. I had ordered the console and rain cover, those were not delivered. I called them and they did bring it to the resort that afternoon.

The issue: the rain cover was a generic jogging stroller cover, does not fit the city mini double!! I was so mad when I pulled it out to use yesterday and found it didn't work!! I plan to call when I am home to complain. I'll be going back to my trusted Magic Strollers!

They need to work out a lot of kinks, or stay in the scooter business!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

1984 off site, 1986 CR, 1991 off site, 03/05 POR, 03/07 off site, 07/07 off site, 04/08 off site, 11/08 AKL/POR, 05/09 Swan, 5/10 AKV, 8/11 YC, 5/12 AKV, 4/13 BC
Tink1073 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:28 PM   #15
sayheyrenee
Mouseketeer

I have my own console and rain cover to come with me. Free rentals is good enough for me
sayheyrenee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: