Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2013, 10:59 AM   #1
Minnie222
Mouseketeer

Walk-in seating for Cinderella Royal Table?

Every time slots during our stay were booked. Is it possible to wait for it as a walk-in? Or do they allow it at all?

Would I have better chance with Breakfast?

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for all the replies. I now understand it is pointless to walk-in and wait for this place.

Updated March 3rd:
I got it!! I got it booked!!!
Someone cancelled it for March 4 (the day I wanted). I booked it right away!!!!!

I will be there tomorrow night!!!
YEAH!!!!!!

Last edited by Minnie222; 03-03-2013 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Booked!!!!!
Minnie222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:02 AM   #2
PictureJumpr
At Least 'til it Rains

Sorry, but you're probably out of luck.

Especially for breakfast.

The best chance would probably be stopping in first thing in the morning to see about something in an "off" time like 4pm or close to park closing that evening. But realistically, don't pin all of your hopes on it.
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2013, 11:19 AM   #3
serene56
DIS Veteran

with this place having to prepay for the meal-- very unlikly people will not be showing up
Old 03-01-2013, 11:21 AM   #4
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Your possibilities are very slim to non-existent.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:26 AM   #5
NightStar
Earning My Ears

My Fiance and I snagged a walk up the first time we visited MK together. We waited for over an hour, the CMs at the door told us there was no guarantee for us to even get in. After an hour some family was a no show and we got to go in. All the CMs were really excited for us, they said it was not often that this happened. If you reserve CRT they take your credit card and will charge you for not showing up. You are more likely to snag a walk in to a restaurant that doesn't require a credit card number to make an ADR. Is it possible to get a walk up reservation to CRT? Yes, but very unlikely. If you do it, do not get your hopes up and be prepared to wait hours and not get in.

May 2013- 1st ever Star Wars Weekend and DVC stay
December 2012- Engagement Celebration at Wilderness Lodge
June 2012- My parents treat their 3 kids in their late 20’s for a week in WDW!!
December 2011- Our one day visit to the Magic Kingdom
July 2010- Our First trip together to Magic Kingdom
2004- Family Trip to DisneyLand
1989-1998- Too many WDW trips to count!
NightStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:27 AM   #6
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

All restaurants experience unannounced cancelations from time to time, and those no-shows are usually replaced by walk-ins. I am sure that CRT is no exception. However, because of the credit card reservation policy, no-shows are going to be less frequent and hanging around the podium hoping for one can be a game with very long odds. There are far better ways to spend one’s time at WDW, (especially if you have impatient kids) than waiting for hours on end hoping that a no-show (of similar party size to their family’s) materializes.

Not that this will help you, but here is a funny walk-in story. About 7 years ago, give or take, we walked up to the podium at Bistro de Paris without an ADR at the height of dinner service. (This was before it was part of the Dining Plan). I sheepishly asked the lovely hostess if there was any way that she could squeeze us in. She looked at her computer and announced that they were completely booked, but that if we were willing to wait 15-30 minutes, she was almost certain that she could accomodate us. I thanked her, and told her that we would wait to see what developed. The very next party that walked up to check in was about to be taken to their table when the hostess reminded them that BdP was not on the DP. The group got all up in her face, said some very unkind things, and stormed off proclaiming that they were not going to pay out of pocket for their meal. The hostess then looked over at me, winked, and said through her smile in her adorble French accent: "Your table is ready!" Apparently, that little episode was one that got repeated hourly at BdP and she was simply waiting for the inevitable.
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:34 AM   #7
River Country
DIS Jedi

Yeah i agree with all PP. This is not a CC guarantee YOU ACTUALL PAY FOR THE MEAL before you eat it. So i can not imagine that there are many no shows. YOu are better off to keep stalking the cancelation board adn try an snag an ADR. I would not wait an hour for CRT there are much better restaurants to go to. If you have little princesses you should try Akershus in Epcot its cheaper, better, more interaction with the princesses as well.
River Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:35 PM   #8
SRiley1985
Mouseketeer

We got a walk up for breakfast at CRT our very first visit as a family in 2009. It was a rainy day in September and I couldn't believe it. That will probably never happen again LOL!
Old 03-01-2013, 02:26 PM   #9
TheRustyScupper
Average Banjo Picker, Fairly-Good Sailing Master, and Newly Ordained.

1) Let us define "walk-up"
. . . walk-up and fit-you-in, no
. . . walk-up and fill a canceled ressie, possible
2) We walked up ON THANKSGIVING and got in.
3) There was a canceled ressie, which we were able to claim.
4) But, trying to "fit you in" is a no-no if they are fully booked
Old 03-01-2013, 03:42 PM   #10
bdklein
DIS Veteran

We got lucky and got a walk-up for CRT. Party of 4 for dinner. We walked in with a blonde with a blue dress-maybe that helped.
bdklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:54 PM   #11
Eliza'sMom
Mouseketeer

The last time we ate there for breakfast, a pretty big family walked up after I checked in to ask about availability. The hostess said she could take them if they could eat right then. This was in the week leading up to Memorial Day. It can't hurt to ask!

Our Disney trips together:
October 2005: Honeymoon at CSR December 2006: Got a pin code we couldn't resist and headed to POFQ June 2007: Big family vacation off-site December 2007: Babymoon at POFQ December 2009: Ellie's first trip, our first trip as DVC members at BWV April 2010: Mike's 30th and Ellie's 2nd birthday celebration at Pop/AKV September/October 2010: BWV for MNSSHP and Harry Potter April 2011: A week at Jambo House before Ellie turns 3 May 2012: Back to AKV for baby's 1st trip to Disney! Nov/Dec 2012: Our first Disney cruise! Plus AOA, BLT and BWV -- whew! October 2013: Fall fun at Jambo House March/April 2014: Spring break at BWV/VWL January 2015: AOA and BLT
Eliza'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:12 PM   #12
DonaldTDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Country View Post
Yeah i agree with all PP. This is not a CC guarantee YOU ACTUALL PAY FOR THE MEAL before you eat it. So i can not imagine that there are many no shows. YOu are better off to keep stalking the cancelation board adn try an snag an ADR. I would not wait an hour for CRT there are much better restaurants to go to. If you have little princesses you should try Akershus in Epcot its cheaper, better, more interaction with the princesses as well.
We ate at the castle last Saturday first seating for lunch and they were packed, but we were able to add a joiner to our group. We were a party of 5 that grew to six. The food was fabulous and the princess interaction was amazing. We were 5 adults with a 5yo boy in a tuxedo. Jasmine planted one on him that was still visible when he went to bed that night. We felt that with the pictures(2 sets with a party of 6) and the tip being included that it was an exceptional value.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:10 PM   #13
tmmalave
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie222 View Post

Every time slots during our stay were booked. Is it possible to wait for it as a walk-in? Or do they allow it at all?

Would I have better chance with Breakfast?
In 2010, I had early dinner reservations for CRT at 4:00 pm on our first MK day. We had done BBB with my daughter and niece, and Pirates league with my son and three nephews. About 5 days earlier I had confirmed my reservation, we were on the DDP. When we got there, they could not find our reservation. I had the printed confirmation number and still they told us we were out of luck. I was in tears. When the manager looked us up on the computer, and saw that I had twelve days of reservations, he tried to help us (previously he had tried to turn us away). First he said we could go around 7:30, but then he found a table for us (we were a party of 12). The CM that took our reservation failed to put our CC number for the guarantee (we didn't have to prepay because we were on the Dining Plan). It seems the night before, the system did a sweep and cancelled our reservation, and someone else must have snatched it. Our server told us he had never served walk-ins in the 13 years he had been working there....
tmmalave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:33 PM   #14
nugov2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmalave View Post
In 2010, I had early dinner reservations for CRT at 4:00 pm on our first MK day. We had done BBB with my daughter and niece, and Pirates league with my son and three nephews. About 5 days earlier I had confirmed my reservation, we were on the DDP. When we got there, they could not find our reservation. I had the printed confirmation number and still they told us we were out of luck. I was in tears. When the manager looked us up on the computer, and saw that I had twelve days of reservations, he tried to help us (previously he had tried to turn us away). First he said we could go around 7:30, but then he found a table for us (we were a party of 12). The CM that took our reservation failed to put our CC number for the guarantee (we didn't have to prepay because we were on the Dining Plan). It seems the night before, the system did a sweep and cancelled our reservation, and someone else must have snatched it. Our server told us he had never served walk-ins in the 13 years he had been working there....
How can they do that if you had the printed confirmation??? They would really do that to a family on their mistake. That is seriously the worst customer service I have ever heard of and coming from Disney and knowing how that would break a childs/families heart.....WOW
nugov2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:26 AM   #15
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

As others have said, a walk in is highly unlikely. I'd try looking for reservations 24 and 48 hours before you want to dine. People will cancel if they can because you have to pay in full if you're a no show. It's worth checking just in case

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: